£100k each to land the treble

Muff

I wonder if Ferguson will get one, despite missing about 10 games.

Barry's played in roughly 17 games this season and will have played in 30 odd by the end of the season so i'd imagine thats enough to recieve the 100k, and rightly so imo. (tu)

Something wrong here. Did we not make a small loss in the run to the UEFA Cup final due to players bonuses?

If our financial position is well dodgy, should we not be paring back bonuses? Bonus yes - but 100K?

25 plyers x 100,000 = 2.5m

A lot of money for bonuses in my opinion.

From the Daily Mail.

£1.5 mil in bonuses.

£15,000 per man for the CIS Cup

£25,000 per man for the Scottish Cup

£60,000 per man for the SPL

So it must be from a pool of approx 15 players.

As I said though, do you really think anyone will care if we win the treble? There will be a pot of £15mill guaranteed for the CL for a start off.

I can't believe people are moaning about this <cr>

Shock: footballers get a bonus for winning things! :ohmy:

Fuck sake, if we win the treble, will you be thinking after the final whistle on Scottish Cup Final day, "I can't believe they got a few weeks bonus for winning every domestic trophy available to them?" Or will you be thinking they deserve it?

I can't believe people are moaning about this <cr>

Shock: footballers get a bonus for winning things! :ohmy:

Fuck sake, if we win the treble, will you be thinking after the final whistle on Scottish Cup Final day, "I can't believe they got a few weeks bonus for winning every domestic trophy available to them?" Or will you be thinking they deserve it?

I don't think the deserve the £1.5m after getting beaten off a pub team.

In saying that, the side now to the side then is rather different.

I don't get a bonus if I get better results at work. If I don't work well I get sacked.

If players were sacked because they played pish maybe we wouldn't be three years without a title.

Too many players are happy to pick up a wage for nothing. I'd give them no bonus, playing for the jersey should be enough for any player and if it isn't then they aren't fit to wear the badge.

I don't get a bonus if I get better results at work. If I don't work well I get sacked.

If players were sacked because they played pish maybe we wouldn't be three years without a title.

Too many players are happy to pick up a wage for nothing. I'd give them no bonus, playing for the jersey should be enough for any player and if it isn't then they aren't fit to wear the badge.

By that argument, you shouldn't pay them at all. Hell, I'd turn out for Rangers and give my all for the jersey (it'd have to be Charlie Adams' jersey though :( ). You pay peanuts, you get monkeys!

I can't believe that with one breath we'd like to attract the best quality players on the continent, and in the next we want to pay them £200 a week and tell them they're lucky to be playing for Rangers! doh

Listen, right now, this minute, having won nothing this season, would you:

(a) Pay £100,000 (possibly on a %age basis) per player to win the treble;

(b) Refuse to pay any bonus and demotivate the players (ok, they should be motivated anyway, but they ain't all Rangers fans!) and win less (potentially nothing);

© Tell them their bonus is undecided, but depends on what they win (feelgood factor + Champs League money would probably mean a better overall payout at the end of the season)?

I know what I'd go for.

i totally have had enough of players. i used to be the secretary of a successful saturday amateur club, and we used to win quite a lot of trophies, getting to the semi-final of the scottish cup, and kenny deuchar used to play for us when he was a young lad before moving to falkirk. us as committee members bent over backwards from sunday to friday for these guys, to make it easy for them on a saturday, and for a change, they worked for 90 minutes on a sat, giving us a little time off, and then it kicked in again after the game.

players dont, and never will believe there is anybody more important than them, as funnily enough it is what they do on the park in those 90 minutes that governs the clubs stature.

so for guys, already on a hefty wedge, doing something that they love, being giving an incentive to bring home the bacon, sickens me, as fans bust their balls all week to follow their team through thick and thin, shows that they only think for themselves.

some r an exception, but not many.

rip davie coops, u would never b like these fukin pricks, and we all know it.

By that argument, you shouldn't pay them at all. Hell, I'd turn out for Rangers and give my all for the jersey (it'd have to be Charlie Adams' jersey though :( ). You pay peanuts, you get monkeys!

I can't believe that with one breath we'd like to attract the best quality players on the continent, and in the next we want to pay them £200 a week and tell them they're lucky to be playing for Rangers! doh

(b) Refuse to pay any bonus and demotivate the players (ok, they should be motivated anyway, but they ain't all Rangers fans!) and win less (potentially nothing);

© Tell them their bonus is undecided, but depends on what they win (feelgood factor + Champs League money would probably mean a better overall payout at the end of the season)?

I know what I'd go for.

In an ideal world i'd give them nothing unless they won, then they could get their weekly wage. If they can't win 95% of the games in the SPl they don't deserve to be paid.

Bonuses just piss me off in general though, bankers, footballers. When did we start needing bonuses to work hard? Where has the protestant work ethic gone?

I'd terminate all their contracts and put them on six month rolling ones.

:craphead:

i totally have had enough of players. i used to be the secretary of a successful saturday amateur club, and we used to win quite a lot of trophies, getting to the semi-final of the scottish cup, and kenny deuchar used to play for us when he was a young lad before moving to falkirk. us as committee members bent over backwards from sunday to friday for these guys, to make it easy for them on a saturday, and for a change, they worked for 90 minutes on a sat, giving us a little time off, and then it kicked in again after the game.

players dont, and never will believe there is anybody more important than them, as funnily enough it is what they do on the park in those 90 minutes that governs the clubs stature.

so for guys, already on a hefty wedge, doing something that they love, being giving an incentive to bring home the bacon, sickens me, as fans bust their balls all week to follow their team through thick and thin, shows that they only think for themselves.

It's an emotional plea, but it means nothing. How can we expect to get decent players if we don't spend decent money? In fact, we're talking about shite money. £100,000 to win a domestic treble when Celtc are bookies favourites for the league (and possibly the Scottish Cup, I'm not sure)??????

You guys are living in a dream world, honestly.....

I know what I'd go for.

In an ideal world i'd give them nothing unless they won, then they could get their weekly wage. If they can't win 95% of the games in the SPl they don't deserve to be paid.

Bonuses just piss me off in general though, bankers, footballers. When did we start needing bonuses to work hard? Where has the protestant work ethic gone?

I'd terminate all their contracts and put them on six month rolling ones.

:craphead:

I'll tell you what, I agree with you 100%. Unfortunately, every league in the world would have to do the same, or the SPL would be left with the dross nobody else wants. Wait a minute....

These incentives do work though, regardless of the arguments of paid too much as it is. I agree with the sentiments, as well as it's been 3 long years without the league, should be doing better!

£100k :anguish:

INCENTIVES!!!!!!!!!????????

the incentive is to get torn right into those Mhanky Bast*rds!

i would do it every day of my life for f*cking zip!

WATP :angry:

It's an emotional plea, but it means nothing. How can we expect to get decent players if we don't spend decent money? In fact, we're talking about shite money. £100,000 to win a domestic treble when Celtc are bookies favourites for the league (and possibly the Scottish Cup, I'm not sure)??????

You guys are living in a dream world, honestly.....

if walters team who were unbeaten in 44 games, got to the last four of the european cup, won trophies, and had amazsing players like goram, gough, steven, hateley, mccoist and durrant, well then i would say they boys deserve 100 000 grand.

but these boys, no they should win the flag/treble for professional pride and then the financial reward will follow.

success breads success. do these boys have the balls for the fight without the incentive? it appears to me, no.