***Bougherra Thread***

minstral

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Walter will pull one from left field and play Edu at centre half.

Super Mo said he can play there.

He played there once or twice for the national team at the Olympics and was awful. He's neither a RB or CB.

Is Webster fit for this game?

Is Webster ever fit? :craphead:

Yeah it's a crying shame whats happened to Webster with injuries.

It is, however I don't get why we experimented with McCulloch when all we had to do was keep Webster back from Bristol and give him games.

It is, however I don't get why we experimented with McCulloch when all we had to do was keep Webster back from Bristol and give him games.

Because Walter doesn't trust him.

Spend 2 mins speaking to a Bristol City fan and you'll see why.

Why was Webster even signed?

One of many questions i'd like to ask Walter Smith.

The McCulloch CB thing is still a mystery and a slap in the face to Younger players like Ross Harvey, Danny Wilson etc

Well Lee McCulloch is no Chris Sutton or Dion Dublin.

The McCulloch CB thing is still a mystery and a slap in the face to Younger players like Ross Harvey, Danny Wilson etc

Its very strange at least.

More media coverage...

Published Date: 15 March 2009

By Moira Gordon and Andrew Smith

MADJID Bougherra has been ruled out of this afternoon's Co-operative Insurance Cup final. The Algerian central defender failed to train with the rest of the Rangers squad on Friday and Saturday and according to sources within the club he will not feature as the Old Firm contest the first major silverware of the season at Hampden.

The former Charlton player had been looking forward to the first major cup final of his career but he sustained a calf injury during last weekend's Scottish Cup match against Hamilton and has finally had to admit defeat. The big worry for Rangers man

Manager Walter Smith is that Kirk Broadfoot, his possible replacement alongside David Weir at the heart of the defence, is also a doubt.

The club remain hopeful that the former St Mirren defender could overcome a foot injury, but if he misses out Rangers will require a significant re-jigging of personnel, with either Lee McCulloch or possibly Christian Dailly asked to help shore up the rear.

Broadfoot trained with his team-mates yesterday, but the coaching staff were waiting until this morning to see if he suffered any reaction to that before finalising the starting line-up.

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Rangers...-out.5073166.jp

Spend 2 minutes watching McCulloch and you'll see why he should never grace a football pitch.

I think your being harsh on the big fella.

He's a proven Premiership, Champions League and international player.

He was one of our key men for the first 3/4 of last season. Like a few others due to fixture congestion he tired towards the end and his form dipped.

This season the bigman has been stop start due to injuries but when fully fit he is a player we can rely on.

Don't write the big man off yet he can still play a big part in our season.

Spend 2 minutes watching McCulloch and you'll see why he should never grace a football pitch.

He was one of our key men for the first 3/4 of last season. Like a few others due to fixture congestion he tired towards the end and his form dipped.

This season the bigman has been stop start due to injuries but when fully fit he is a player we can rely on.

http://home.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php/a...-mcculloch-myth

I'll soon write an article on him being more shifted about than a Taxi, honest Rabbit :blush:

And he's not really a proven Internationalist or Champions League player...a goal in each isn't the be all and end all...!

You still here :anguish:

Proven Champions League player :lol: