Thomsons injury

I think better off but not because I think Ferguson is finished, just because I think Edu and Mendes give a better balance because one is a ball winner and one a player. I wasn't Edu's biggest fan at first but I'll admit when I am wrong and he has turned in some good displays recently, offers us some much needed height and looks a player. I'm still not sure if the OF will be too fast for him though as he still wants a bit long on the ball for my liking. I think you could probably replace Mendes with Ferguson just now and you wouldn't see the team doing any worse, perhaps even better but that's just my opinion. Still go on big Mo, keep proving me wrong!

I think better off but not because I think Ferguson is finished, just because I think Edu and Mendes give a better balance because one is a ball winner and one a player. I wasn't Edu's biggest fan at first but I'll admit when I am wrong and he has turned in some good displays recently, offers us some much needed height and looks a player. I'm still not sure if the OF will be too fast for him though as he still wants a bit long on the ball for my liking. I think you could probably replace Mendes with Ferguson just now and you wouldn't see the team doing any worse, perhaps even better but that's just my opinion. Still go on big Mo, keep proving me wrong!

:clap:

I said as much in another thread. Edu and Thomson share the same spot, same types of players. Pretty much agree about mendes/ferguson as well.

It's certainly no coincidence that the Edu/Ferguson and Mendes/Edu partnerships are better than the Mendes/Ferguson one.

To answer the original question, I think we'd have been better off if Edu had been given the nod in front of Ferguson, but it's very hypothetical. We could be 10 points ahead by now, we could be 10 points behind.

I agree with that (tu)

I disagree about replacing Mendes with Ferguson though.

Although Mendes tends to disappear in games he can still provide that killer pass and has set up a few goals in recent weeks. Ferguson doesn't have that.

Although Mendes tends to disappear in games he can still provide that killer pass and has set up a few goals in recent weeks. Ferguson doesn't have that.

Except he does, and can also score. Neither of them do it enough though

Except he does, and can also score. Neither of them do it enough though

Yeah that's the problem with both of them playing together, they are just too similar types of players.

Given that Edu and Smith have both said he wasn't quite ready earlier in the season I suspect we would have been worse off - but we will neve know - same as we will never know if we would have been better with or wthout Thomson - somethings can only be speculated upon, not answered.

Given that Edu and Smith have both said he wasn't quite ready earlier in the season I suspect we would have been worse off - but we will neve know - same as we will never know if we would have been better with or wthout Thomson - somethings can only be speculated upon, not answered.

I don't think Ferguson was fully fit or ready to come back at that stage either. But you're right in that we'l never know either way.

I really think Ferguson was definitely not fit and Edu should have played in his place.

Just as Walter brought back Shagger too before he was ready.

Do our medical people know anything or does Walter and the player over-rule them?