Follow on

Was talking to a fellow Bear about the game in 84 (UEFA Cup) ,when we were drawn against bohemians.

Think we lost 3-2 over there and won 2-0 at home.

Remember hearing of a right old rammy at the away leg! Did anyone on here Follow on to that game ?

Was talking to a fellow Bear about the game in 84 (UEFA Cup) ,when we were drawn against bohemians.

Remember hearing of a right old rammy at the away leg! Did anyone on here Follow on to that game ?

I was thinking of another game................

I was thinking of another game................

i was there absolutely shitting myself 4 of us went over by car parked about a mile from the ground

got lost turned a corner and about 15 20 tims came down the street tooled up chased us for about 10 mins

through various streets 2 of us got a right kicking (not me managed to hide in a shed) met up with the rest of the boys at the game

inside the stadium bottles and missiles were reigning down on us managed to get out ok back to car to find windscreen smashed and

tyres down ended up in some shithouse of a hotel happy days! the best bit was beating them at ibrox the atmosphere was incredible

any other bear remember this game?

I dodged 3 days of school to get there. (tu)

Scariest night of my life, there were guys in our end with guns down the back of their jeans ffs.

One of my Grandads mates went to this and he told me that their bus got bottled and bricked at every town on the way home until they got past Newry. Obviously I don't know if he's exagerrating or not...

I wasn't there but I believe Big Jock addressed the crowd a couple of times ? :sherlock:

yeah he did, fans were trying to get over mesh fencing, fires lit up on hills when buses going passed, garda kicking fuck out of any bear, and fans getting bottled and bricked constantly, and boys from the north with guns etc!!!

those were the days my friends!!

I wasn't there but I believe Big Jock addressed the crowd a couple of times ? :sherlock:

yeah he did, fans were trying to get over mesh fencing, fires lit up on hills when buses going passed, garda kicking fuck out of any bear, and fans getting bottled and bricked constantly, and boys from the north with guns etc!!!

Borin now init ? ;):sherlock:

Yup, its utter shite being amongst so-called "Bears" nowadays. Watching your back wasn't a problem back them.

My cousin was at it. He told me that that there wasnt a window left on the bus on the way back. On the way to the game nearly every house at every village had somebody standing on the doorstep with arms folded watching the buses go by. he said it was well freaky

Yup, its utter shite being amongst so-called "Bears" nowadays. Watching your back wasn't a problem back them.

:( aint that the truth

Na not even the Club custodian will back us up ! :sherlock:

As we got off the ferries at Larne all the buses were waiting to pick us up (because no Scottish companies would take their buses to Dublin). Every bus, as I recall, was a big white Ulsterbus with a RAF type roundel on the back. No probs getting there, but the way back was legendary. Driver told us to pull up the seats of the bus and to prop them against the backs of the seats, lie on the floor and put our jackets over our heads. Think we last half a dozen windows, and even in wee villages folk were lobbing anything they could - we lost a window to o turnip!

Got to Newry and the squaddies that came on the bus were pishing themselves. Wandered up the bus to make sure folk were OK, and then let us know that half of Newry was out on the streets waiting for the buses to come through.

Can laugh now!