Spiers has another go at our fans for yesterdays game.

minstral

I'm so angry at his bias, so appalled at his selective hearing and reporting that I called The Times.

Spoke to a very pleasant gent who assured me that I have every right to expect balance and accuracy from journalists employed by the Times. And, no, he could not comment on why Spiers did not report the 'h**' chants or the open support of a murderous terrorist organisation or the religious attacks on 'orange bastards'.

He also told me that to make a complaint count, then it should be made in writing as they do not have the facilities or staff to deal with telephone complaints. That is - it's a bloody inconvenience to The Times should people call to complain.

Here's the number to be every bit as inconvenient as it is to read Spiers selective reporting: General queries Telephone: 020-7782 5000

Choose option 5 and ask to speak to a member in the editorial team.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was just thinking why every time we beat Celtic or get back to the top of the league that Spiers or some other reporters try to take the shine of victory. As we all know we have been moaning at the lack of atmosphere at our ground, but when we do get behind our team all we get is abuse. Some of my pals who watched the game on saturday thought our fans were top class and they support English teams. I just hope the attack on our support does not stop our fans from singing, for make no mistake our team needs us behind them for the last three games, and help them get over the line.

Was just thinking why every time we beat Celtic or get back to the top of the league that Spiers or some other reporters try to take the shine of victory. As we all know we have been moaning at the lack of atmosphere at our ground, but when we do get behind our team all we get is abuse. Some of my pals who watched the game on saturday thought our fans were top class and they support English teams. I just hope the attack on our support does not stop our fans from singing, for make no mistake our team needs us behind them for the last three games, and help them get over the line.

I just ignore it mate, doesnt bother me, it probably makes the victory even sweeter. Laugh it off and enjoy watching them hurt (tu)

He has no influence in his regional pishy paper with almost no audience at all. He's not listened to by anyone, unlike his Herald or whatever paper he was in before days.

Sadly Danny, this is not the case. He was on the radio last week and gave a figure as to the number of people who read timesonline.

I cant remember the figure, but the number was massive.

Keep your friends close - your enemies closer.

Sorry Danny but you have got this all wrong - Minstral is right to highlight the lies and lack of journalistic integrity of this cretin.

Furthermore The Times is hardly a "reginal pishy paper". Its readership are probably in the main in the south of England and failry ignorant of the situation up here - prime candidates for being easliy influenced by lies and conjecture.

Ignoring him is not the answer. Highlighting his lack of balance, challenging his lies at every opportunity is.

Graeme Spiers doesn't write for 'The Times', he writes for the Scottish regional edition whose readership and circulation are MILES lower than the London/UK version.

If he says his readership is huge, then he's trying to mislead by pointing out the readership of the London Times, which is the parent of his. The one he writes for has a circulation at a fraction of that one.

The Scottish edition is tiny by comparison.

Graeme Spiers doesn't write for 'The Times', he writes for the Scottish regional edition whose readership and circulation are MILES lower than the London/UK version.

If he says his readership is huge, then he's trying to mislead by pointing out the readership of the London Times, which is the parent of his. The one he writes for has a circulation at a fraction of that one.

That will do for me :)

I can't find a complaint email address on the times website

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/tools_and...ces/contact_us/

Could try another one ? Editor-in-chief or Customer Services ? I will happily email them.

I believe, if memory serves me correct, that, if you find the names of people, such as the Chief Exec (or whatever they have in that company), then, the mail format is

firstname.lastname@timesonline.co.uk

I have a huge supply of press contacts from some work I did with the Red Cross the other year (tu)

As long as people read the gutter hack's dross, and post it on forums, and slag him off about it, the longer he'll have fuel to keep on with it.

I didn't read a word, I never do.

And I'm surprised you've posted this minstral, you were one of those who appreciated my clicking a timesonline link because I suspected it was him writing it - and you appreciated the fact because you didn't have to do the same thing.

And yet here you and others are giving him the time of day.

He has no influence in his regional pishy paper with almost no audience at all. He's not listened to by anyone, unlike his Herald or whatever paper he was in before days.

So let us not even give a flying funk what he says.

I know I don't.

Danny you are correct but when i seen him having a go at our fans i could not help myself. I still think that he is a member on this board and gets some of his info on here. But you are right what you say, we should just ignore him.

tbh I don't blame you really - when one is attacked, one naturally wishes to defend.

I find it easy to ignore though - especially in his case where he has so little influence. He was a lot more difficult at the Herald.

Was just thinking why every time we beat Celtic or get back to the top of the league that Spiers or some other reporters try to take the shine of victory.

They hate The Rangers support.

They hate our club.

They hate our culture and traditions.

That will do for me :)

If Queers says it, you can bet your right nut he's either misleading, being economical with the truth, or plain lying. Or maybe all 3.

I used to occasionally give him a little credibility, thinking he had no agenda, but when he wrote that PLG book...well, I stopped giving him the light of day after that.

I can't find a complaint email address on the times website

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/tools_and...ces/contact_us/

Could try another one ? Editor-in-chief or Customer Services ? I will happily email them.

Part of me thinks we should just ignore him, and part of me wants to write a complaint.

What's funny is that i never heard a peep about this on RC. Not a peep. They had Mark Gueedy (spelling) at the game. And he normally is first to shout about about this.

You do get his stuff in the English times as well sometimes…….He didin’t write the match report and it’s in todays times, will check and see if this is……

The English Times has credible journalists and general integrity. Why the blazes would they ever publish his tabloid crap?

I believe, if memory serves me correct, that, if you find the names of people, such as the Chief Exec (or whatever they have in that company), then, the mail format is

I have a huge supply of press contacts from some work I did with the Red Cross the other year (tu)

Sounds good, we just need to decide on one address and send all of our views to it.

The guy is a fud and everyone knows it. Even the ta.igs know it.

Hands up, Rangers fans did sing some songs but not as

loud as the ta.igs with their songs about terrorists.

Get the tatties oot yer ears queersie and get a life.

Forgot: His comment about uefa..........uefa want f all to do woth it.

I got an e mail saying it is up to the spl/sfa. Not them.

So he can stop his uefa threats

You do get his stuff in the English times as well sometimes…….He didin’t write the match report and it’s in todays times, will check and see if this is……

The English Times has credible journalists and general integrity. Why the blazes would they ever publish his tabloid crap?

Don’t get me wrong Danny Scottish football is almost exclusively ignored in the English press , apart from condescending mentions in things called “scotch corner” and the like so I wouldn’t concern myself at all with anyone in England paying attention to anything Speirs writes, they don’t care or understand about our songs…..

If you want me to be honest we did ourselves more damage last may than 1000000 Speirs articles would ever do down here……..

Sounds good, we just need to decide on one address and send all of our views to it.

Ok, how about....

Clive Milner - CEO - Times Newspapers Ltd

John Witherow - Director - Times Newspapers Ltd

Paul Hayes - Managing Director - Times Newspapers Ltd

Susan Panuccio - Finance Director - Times Newspapers Ltd

All public domain information, easy to find if you know where to look ;)

I would send it to all

I read this earlier. Of course, he must have lost his hearing when the Celtic fans were singing terrorist songs.

What are the words to this song? You can hear Ceptic singing this all the time when they play on Setanta.

I dont understand why they get so offended by every thing Rangers sing surley loyalist and nationalist songs are part of the history between the two clubs. A Tim at work sings all his IRA shite but i just tell him to fuck off and sing the BB or whistle the sash and thats just how it should be.

Spiers should be ignored, even pitied, the man is still trying to make a living out of attacking the Rangers support.

He is an utter balloon and should be treated as such, and ignored.