Craig Thomson

Is he the best in Scotland right now ? I do realise it may be the worlds smallest compliment but do we currently have any better. Of course things were missed on Saturday,and I don’t mean the Edu incident Thomson had no chance with that one, but overall he handled the game fairly well, was consistent enough and didn’t bottle it to make a couple of big decisions.

I seem to remember the other old firm games he handled I came away with the same impression so this isn’t to do with us winning…….

NO HE WAS SHOCKING!!!!!!

How many free kicks did celtic get in that second half!! I am suprised they did not get one in Nakamura territory but 4/5 were edge of the box second half alone!!!

Just glad he waved there dodgy penalty claims cheating diving bastards why have refs not cottoned on to this tactics yet is behond me!!!

Who is better then ?

Having watched the game again yesterday I can’t remember them getting to many free kicks they didn’t deserve in the 2nd half

I thought his booking for Hartley in the 2nd min was a fantastic decision as Hartley seems to think he can half someone at the start of every old firm game and get away with it.

Who is better then ?

Having watched the game again yesterday I can’t remember them getting to many free kicks they didn’t deserve in the 2nd half

I thought his booking for Hartley in the 2nd min was a fantastic decision as Hartley seems to think he can half someone at the start of every old firm game and get away with it.

Not sure who is better I think the most of them are as bad as each other!!

I thought Thomson had a decent first half but was poor in the 2nd period.

Is he the best ref? Possibly but it is difficult to judge as all are so poor nowadays.

Considering we had the pleasure of the worst ref in scotland the week before maybe that’s why I am finding a fairly consistent performance so surprising…..

The wanker cost us the league last season with his shocking display at Parkhead

Agreed and if the game on Saturday was at the San Giro, you could put your house on it he,d have given U-boat McDonald a penalty.

NO HE WAS SHOCKING!!!!!!

How many free kicks did celtic get in that second half!! I am suprised they did not get one in Nakamura territory but 4/5 were edge of the box second half alone!!!

Just glad he waved there dodgy penalty claims cheating diving bastards why have refs not cottoned on to this tactics yet is behond me!!!

I have to agree I thought he was trying his best for ra sellick in the second half.

How he and wee rhat murphy on the line missed the thug loovens deliberate kick at Edu is beyond me.

Is he the best in Scotland right now ? I do realise it may be the worlds smallest compliment but do we currently have any better. Of course things were missed on Saturday,and I don’t mean the Edu incident Thomson had no chance with that one, but overall he handled the game fairly well, was consistent enough and didn’t bottle it to make a couple of big decisions.

I seem to remember the other old firm games he handled I came away with the same impression so this isn’t to do with us winning…….

I think you need to cast your mind back to the reception he got at half-time in his last OF game, when, with the score at 0-0, he got roundly booed off the park for his ridiculously one-sided attempt to engineer a sellik win, which was confirmed in the 2nd half.

Dont take my word for it, read the official match report on the normally placid and uncritical rangers.co.uk website. It may rekindle some memories of the game for you. It had that effect for me when I was checking it out last week.

I had previously thought he was certainly in the top 2/3, but there have been 2 out of his last 3 OF games where he really missed big incidents, all working out against us. I thought his performace 1st half was very good, but started to get conned a bit more as the scum's cheating got to desperate measures as the game slipped away from them.

I would certainly prefer Thomson to Conroy, Brines, Smith etc, but would probably give Calum Murray the worthless accolade of best of the bad bunch.

I think you hit this one on the head. There's not much to choose between Murray and Thomson, but the rest are unbelieveably bad. Whats the general consensus on the introducton of a video ref? I can't understand why there's so much resistance to it and i suppose the Chelsea game last week makes the point for me!

I think you need to cast your mind back to the reception he got at half-time in his last OF game, when, with the score at 0-0, he got roundly booed off the park for his ridiculously one-sided attempt to engineer a sellik win, which was confirmed in the 2nd half.

Dont take my word for it, read the official match report on the normally placid and uncritical rangers.co.uk website. It may rekindle some memories of the game for you. It had that effect for me when I was checking it out last week.

I had previously thought he was certainly in the top 2/3, but there have been 2 out of his last 3 OF games where he really missed big incidents, all working out against us. I thought his performace 1st half was very good, but started to get conned a bit more as the scum's cheating got to desperate measures as the game slipped away from them.

I would certainly prefer Thomson to Conroy, Brines, Smith etc, but would probably give Calum Murray the worthless accolade of best of the bad bunch.

I knew this would happen if I praised a referee… :pipe:

To be honest I can’t remember any incidents of great note in that game but I do remember trying to block out the memory of what was a horrific 90 mins. A referee in an old firm game is a thankless task as we will ananlyse every decision to the nth degree, as things go I though the did ok at the weekend and compared to the real idiots like brines I think he is a decent enough Referee

i thought he was pretty poor to be honest. Caldwell should have seen red for that tackle on mendes and i was getting fed up with him giving celtic free kicks everytime the wind blew them over. Called the big decision right though. Never a penalty.

I knew this would happen if I praised a referee… :pipe:

To be honest I can’t remember any incidents of great note in that game but I do remember trying to block out the memory of what was a horrific 90 mins. A referee in an old firm game is a thankless task as we will ananlyse every decision to the nth degree, as things go I though the did ok at the weekend and compared to the real idiots like brines I think he is a decent enough Referee

I did say I preferred him to the f****n crew, and I answered your question honestly by saying I thought Murray was the best at the moment. I have no problem praising a ref either if he does a good enough job, I only pointed out that he has had 2 mares in OF games prior to Saturday, but I think he had a couple of good OF games before those.

I thought he had a good game. Was always right on top of play and i thought he threw a spanner in the works of celtics game plan with the early booking of hartley, many a referee would have bottled it with this pish that u cant book a player early in an Old Firm game. Spot on at the penalty as many a referee has been conned by that wee cunt mcdonald. Was a bit rusty at a few advantages in our favour. Overall i couldnt grumble. The tackle on Edu was sneaky as fuck and i didnt see it myself