Players We Didnt Sign That We Should Have...

kingbarry

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i hate people that label the original Ronaldo

"fat ronaldo"

the guy was a genius and probably the most talented and explosive striker with a ball at his feet ever to grace our game.

well he is considerably fatter than the other one.....

I think we were interested in signing Jesper Blomqvist as well. Jardel is the one that immediately springs to mind. never forget that game when he was at Ibrox. When he came out into the directors box he got a massive cheer then his missus came out and the roof almost came off the ground with the cheer that she got.

Was ther not a Karen Jardel supporters club at 1 point?

i hate people that label the original Ronaldo

"fat ronaldo"

the guy was a genius and probably the most talented and explosive striker with a ball at his feet ever to grace our game.

OK, I'll call him the real Ronaldo from now on :P

Van Nistlerooy.

We could've got him but didn't think he would be good enough (or so I've heard over the years)

It wasnt that he wasnt good enough. Advocaat said he wanted him but that if he had bought him he wouldnt have been able to afford the likes of Van Bronkhorst, Numan, etc.

Skrtel

Loan move for Messi under Big Eck.

Eto'o.

Carew.

These are the ones that spring to mind.

was that not Maxi Lopez

no, he is right. mcleish said he approached barca as messi hadnt started a game the previous season but rijkaard said he was fully expecting him to play the year we went for him... and boy he did!

we ended up getting nieto instead

What about Eidur Gudjohnson and Big Kenwyn Jones, they were actualy training with us and then told that they were mince by big Eck!!! hm!

Remember that. Apparently he wasn't good enough for us but Franny Jeffers and Olivier Bernard were :anguish:

What about Eidur Gudjohnson and Big Kenwyn Jones, they were actualy training with us and then told that they were mince by big Eck!!! hm!

Remember that. Apparently he wasn't good enough for us but Franny Jeffers and Olivier Bernard were :anguish:

Let's remember that Jones was a lumbering centre back at that point.

He only became a striker when he moved to Southampton.

Kevin Phillips is the only one that I can think of that hasn't been mentioned. Always thought he could have done a Rod Wallace-esque job for us.

It's probably just as well we didn't get Ronaldo - the wages we were offering him were insane and he wasn't going to have to play all our games. Could have been the ruining of us!

Jardel is possibly the biggest regret. He could have been absolutely outstanding.

I'd rather concentrate on guys who really would have been head turning signings from the moment we signed them. Guys like Gudjohnsson, Jones and Pires became great players. They weren't really great players when they were linked with us.

Anyway for me I can only think of three from the top of my head and they are Paul Ince, Kevin Phillips and Craig Bellamy.

I'd rather concentrate on guys who really would have been head turning signings from the moment we signed them. Guys like Gudjohnsson, Jones and Pires became great players. They weren't really great players when they were linked with us.

Anyway for me I can only think of three from the top of my head and they are Paul Ince, Kevin Phillips and Craig Bellamy.

as much as i hate him i would have gladly had him at rangers, didnt know we were in for eto'o or messi imagine the impact they would have made if it happened

as much as i hate him i would have gladly had him at rangers, didnt know we were in for eto'o or messi imagine the impact they would have made if it happened

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/1908490.stm

I nearly cry whenever I read that story :anguish: