A Father's Advice

DougieJ

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've sang it for years, one stupid article wont make any fan of the song stop singin it

Waste of time

FUCK BOBBY SANDS...HE'S DEID :)

OHHHHH MY FATHERRR SAID TO ME, I MUST JOIN THE Y.C.V!!!

Guest Andypendek
No comment on your view on the song, DougieJ, but I've just logged on tonight and the 1st 2 threads I've seen have been 'Smith must go' and 'songs must go.'

Sometimes RM sucks the fun out the Rangers for me.

You're a Mod now Andy, get a forum sorted where any negative posts are instantly deleted (tu)

I agree with you tonight, we've won the double and I'd bet the majority of posts on here are negative. It can get depressing, tbh..

I fear it would resound to the sound of tumbleweed, BP.

I really fucking hate our own fans being against songs we sing.

And you are kiddin me? The tims still worship they hunger strikers.

Its time they get over it and realise they were just terrorists not "Freedom fighters".

Would you like a chicken supper bobby sands?

Would you like a plastic bullet sean south?

Its time they get over it and realise they were just terrorists not "Freedom fighters".

Agree 110% mate. i hate fans that basicly turn on there own fans for a stupid reason such as a song which they stull talk about these days so why cant we sing about it ?. IMO long as it gets the crowd going at the stadium loud its better than singing nothin. Would never turn my back on follow fans

Sean Downes actually. Those tims all look the same to me too. ;)

It's pretty easy to criticize YNWA as a shit song they stole off another team.

I agree on that score. It will always be a Liverpool song, regardless of how long they claim to have sung it. Unfortunately that's the only negative thing anyone can say about it.

To be honest I just wish we (and even Celtc) had more songs like the big English clubs, i.e. totally related to football. Don't get me wrong, I think you hear far more offensive things at English games than at any OF game - 'we don't give a fuck if you're hanging from a tree, Judas cunt with HIV' (sung by Spurs fans about Sol Campbell) for one, or the hissing sounds to represent the gas chambers sung by opposition fans at Spurs games, or songs about Heysel and Hillsborough, but the point is that only a tiny minority of fans sing these, so it doesn't have such major coverage as ours do.

Its different though. Like when the media take any chance they can to get at us but so whatever we do, good or bad they will make it out to be something a whole lot worse.

No comment on your view on the song, DougieJ, but I've just logged on tonight and the 1st 2 threads I've seen have been 'Smith must go' and 'songs must go.'

Sometimes RM sucks the fun out the Rangers for me.

You're a Mod now Andy, get a forum sorted where any negative posts are instantly deleted (tu)

I agree with you tonight, we've won the double and I'd bet the majority of posts on here are negative. It can get depressing, tbh..

I fear it would resound to the sound of tumbleweed, BP.

I disagree, Andy. There are loads of people who want to be positive about the Rangers, they just sometimes get drowned out. I absolutely 100% guarantee that if a thread was started asking for "positive comments only" it would generate a negative response within 20 posts. Some people like to be negative, and we have to live with that on a board like this. Anyway, I know what makes me happy, and it's silverware in Rangers' cabinet. I genuinely hope all bears can find peace with themselves tonight, and celebrate a double very few of us thought we could win. :gerbad:

It's pretty easy to criticize YNWA as a shit song they stole off another team.

I agree on that score. It will always be a Liverpool song, regardless of how long they claim to have sung it. Unfortunately that's the only negative thing anyone can say about it.

To be honest I just wish we (and even Celtc) had more songs like the big English clubs, i.e. totally related to football.

What, like "Hello, Hello, we are the *insert club name here* boys? <cr>

To be honest, I wish we could all strap on a pair and stop caring what the opposition fans sing.

Sean Downes actually. Those tims all look the same to me too. ;)

Ah ;) Got the two scum mixed up.

Aw man here we go....Fathers advice is right up at the top of my list when it comes to favourite songs and reading this isnt gonna make me not sing it anymore probably same for a lot of people.

Tin hat on, but I have to say it depresses me that 'A Father's Advice' seems to be getting sung more and more, with it's 'Fuck Bobby Sands - he's deid' phrase. We're well aware that he is indeed 'deid', and has been since 1981, ffs. I find it sadly ironic that Rangers fans are doing more to keep Bobby Sands name alive than our hooped friends. Sands died a pathetic, pointless death for a lost cause. End of.

That this is one of the most high profile songs sung at our games is beyond belief. If we're going to do a version of TFoA, why not do it in the manner of Liverpool ('where once we watched the King Kenny play...")? I find Celtic's adoption of TFoA as their own to be typical of their mawkish, plastic paddyish sentimentality, but try as we might, it can't be labelled sectarian. 'A Father's Advice', with its stuff about Bobby Sands and the YCV, is just another opportunity for the media to give us a good kicking, and I'm afraid it's hard to make a good case for the defence.

The joke is, the fans singing it and certain other songs in the reportoire think it 'winds the Tims up'. I disagree. I think the Tims love it that we keep scoring these own goals. As much as it sticks in the craw whenever the BBC / Setanta on whoever is at Celtic Park for a European game (not for a while - wahey!) and the camera pans round during YNWA to 'soak up the special atmosphere', the fact is that it can't be criticised. That's what winds me up. :angry:

Go and pap peas at the moon and give me peace.

:lol: :lol:

(tu)

Aw man here we go....Fathers advice is right up at the top of my list when it comes to favourite songs and reading this isnt gonna make me not sing it anymore probably same for a lot of people.

Fair enough. A thing I like about this forum is the fact that although almost everyone (well alright, everyone!) has disagreed with my post, not one person has said 'jog on Timmy', 'fishy fishy', 'hello Martin' or whatever. I guarantee on followfollow that would have happened within two replies.

Fair enough. A thing I like about this forum is the fact that although almost everyone (well alright, everyone!) has disagreed with my post, not one person has said 'jog on Timmy', 'fishy fishy', 'hello Martin' or whatever. I guarantee on followfollow that would have happened within two replies.

jog on timmy

sniff sniff

:craphead:

Youre right ...

Declan ;)