Thanks for Lyon away Brahim...

hes a sponger

good riddance

But that night in Lyon was excellent from him :lol:

how can u sit and call him a sponger? No one knows the inner working of the club than the club itself. The only thing we can do as fans is speculate. So dont speak about stuff when you have no idea whats happened.

Good luck to you Brahim (tu)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No-one except a nondescript Turkish relegation candidate offered him a way out.

Would you stay at Rangers for £25k a week, or move there?

As said in another thread, he would have played if he was asked - he simply wasn't asked for some reason unknown to us. He's done a lot more good than bad for Rangers, which is more than can be said for a lot of other players who have escaped criticism.

absolutely!

why he was never called upon last year eludes me!.

the fella was a decent player.

as for the f**k um he drained oor club??

WE gave him that contract? so ask yourself this:

would YOU give up around £400k in wages in a year to move jobs?

i know i fuckin wouldnt.

all the best big man.

He can get on his fucking bike. Good riddance.

Ditto (tu)

:anguish:

I'm sure if it was a Scottish lad who had grown up in Larkhall that had given us the exact service that Hemdani had over the years, he'd be getting held in much higher regard just now.

And I do believe that some of our fanbase are that simple.

I respect the people such as Coop and Danny that acknowledge the fact that he was a good player but hasn't earned his crust this year, but people who come on and say 'Hemdani - Shite. Fact' aren't all there IMHO.

I said this in a different thread:

I just see a player who has pretty much been our Balde, hanging on to his contract when we have previously tried to encourage him to move on.

From his point of view as a player, what good has he done himself sitting on his arse at Ibrox? Hes devalued himself, we lost out completely that way financially and hes made himself much less of an attraction to prospective clubs.

If I were wanting to buy a player of his type I would seriously question his attitude in not moving away from Rangers earlier for the sake of his own career. It hardly shows ambition on his part.

Hemdani could and should have had a fine Rangers career, but its a case of what-if now. Its a pity that way.

Nonetheless I wish him well in finding a club.

Always thought Hemdani was a really good player. Good first touch, Could pick out a pass, and read the game well (even if he wasn't worth £15k a week.

Not enough of his kind in Scotland.

Good Luck Brahim

Much Love ....x

what i think is funnier is that fergie has probably done just as much as hemdani this season and is on more money is he not

yet i bet half these hemdani bashers would greet if fergie left, all because he's a rangers man

and dont give me any of this "what fergie done for rangers in the past" hemdani was one of our best players last season and was ditched for players like dailly

A lot of people looking back on Hemdani's career at Ibrox with rose tinted specs tbh. He was slow, always passed the ball backwards and had a terrible return of goals for a central midfielder. And for a defensive midfielder he wasn't a great ball winner, was lightweight and easily pushed about in the Scottish game. He had a good first touch, and was neat and tidy at retaining posession but you can count the number of defense splitting passes that he played during his time at Ibrox in one hand.

And here's the facts:

He never won a title in the three seasons he played.

This season he never played and we did the double WITH MCCULLOCH AND DAILLY GETTING A GAME AHEAD OF HIM.

What exactly did he help us win?

A lot of people looking back on Hemdani's career at Ibrox with rose tinted specs tbh. He was slow, always passed the ball backwards and had a terrible return of goals for a central midfielder. And for a defensive midfielder he wasn't a great ball winner, was lightweight and easily pushed about in the Scottish game. He had a good first touch, and was neat and tidy at retaining posession but you can count the number of defense splitting passes that he played during his time at Ibrox in one hand.

And here's the facts:

He never won a title in the three seasons he played.

This season he never played and we did the double WITH MCCULLOCH AND DAILLY GETTING A GAME AHEAD OF HIM.

What exactly did he help us win?

your right, how could we be so wrong about the man

i mean it was obvious that eck bought him here to win the title ALL BY HIMSELF

PLG played him centre half, and as for your comments about his return of goals and defense splitting passes, you obviously have NO IDEA what a holding midfielder is supposed to do in a game

what i think is funnier is that fergie has probably done just as much as hemdani this season and is on more money is he not

yet i bet half these hemdani bashers would greet if fergie left, all because he's a rangers man

and dont give me any of this "what fergie done for rangers in the past" hemdani was one of our best players last season and was ditched for players like dailly

Wrong there.

Last two seasons:

BF 2007/2008 P: 62

BH:2007/2008 P: 28

BF: 2008/2009 P: 27

BH: 2008/2009 P: O

(if these stats are correct)

I certainly wont greet when Ferguson goes either. I was never a massive fan of his to be honest.

Wrong there.

Last two seasons:

BF 2007/2008 P: 62

BH:2007/2008 P: 28

BF: 2008/2009 P: 27

BH: 2008/2009 P: O

(if these stats are correct)

I certainly wont greet when Ferguson goes either. I was never a massive fan of his to be honest.

you pick me up wrong my friend, i was having a go at fergie's contribution this season in the fact i believe it was just as much as hemdani's, basically im saying fergie was awful this season

and i was just saying that if hemdani was a scottish player that supported rangers since before he was born, we'd be tearing into smith for not playing him, yet we are slaughtering hemdani for smith not playing him

you pick me up wrong my friend, i was having a go at fergie's contribution this season in the fact i believe it was just as much as hemdani's, basically im saying fergie was awful this season

and i was just saying that if hemdani was a scottish player that supported rangers since before he was born, we'd be tearing into smith for not playing him, yet we are slaughtering hemdani for smith not playing him

Ah, I see now Jim. Apologies. Well Ferguson hasnt been great, distinctly average most games he played but I believe he did still contribute towards the title just not the way we have come to expect.

Possibly right on the second point about the Scottish thing, but surely if Hemdami was giving his all Walter would have played him at least at some point in the season? After all he is a quality player most people think. This is what I question about Hemdani.

He was the best player in the UEFA cup this year, then didnt get a sniff

Good Luck

I must have been asleep for a season, if its last season your talking about, i nearly cried when i seen he was in the UEFA cup final team ahead of Novo, that told me we were in for a long night of back to the wall defending instead of "going for it"

These replies are priceless. The way many of you are ranting it sounds like he rejected numerous offers, refused to play for the team, moaned and groaned about everything. <cr>

Fact is, he had one serious offer from a second division Turkish side which he understandably turned down, nothing else was offered. And not once did he say he was happy to run his contract down, all he said was that he was contracted until the end of the season and therefore was going to honour that due to a lack of offers elsewhere.

Since then he has played for the reserves, reported for training without fail, helped Bougherra settle into Scottish football and kept his head down. How very disgraceful of him. Not his fault the manager though Lee McCulloch is a better midfielder.

And as for him criticising the SPL, we do it on here every bloody day. Anything to fit the agenda. :rolleyes:

Good luck Brahim, all the best for the future. (tu)

These replies are priceless. The way many of you are ranting it sounds like he rejected numerous offers, refused to play for the team, moaned and groaned about everything. <cr>

Fact is, he had one serious offer from a second division Turkish side which he understandably turned down, nothing else was offered. And not once did he say he was happy to run his contract down, all he said was that he was contracted until the end of the season and therefore was going to honour that due to a lack of offers elsewhere.

Since then he has played for the reserves, reported for training without fail, helped Bougherra settle into Scottish football and kept his head down. How very disgraceful of him. Not his fault the manager though Lee McCulloch is a better midfielder.

And as for him criticising the SPL, we do it on here every bloody day. Anything to fit the agenda. :rolleyes:

Watch yourself with that common sense there mate (tu)

Ah, I see now Jim. Apologies. Well Ferguson hasnt been great, distinctly average most games he played but I believe he did still contribute towards the title just not the way we have come to expect.

Possibly right on the second point about the Scottish thing, but surely if Hemdami was giving his all Walter would have played him at least at some point in the season? After all he is a quality player most people think. This is what I question about Hemdani.

true about hemdani's all, but then again he was told, after starring in our run to manchester" that the club wanted him punted asap, and that he wouldnt get a game again, so i can see why he didnt try,

or maybe it looked like he didnt try in the reserves because he was coasting through the game, hell he done it often enough in the first team

we'll never know, fact is christian dailly came on as a defensive mid in the CIS final before edu who was on the bench, and hemdani was nowhere near the squad

tells you something about smiths mentality

Good Luck

I must have been asleep for a season, if its last season your talking about, i nearly cried when i seen he was in the UEFA cup final team ahead of Novo, that told me we were in for a long night of back to the wall defending instead of "going for it"

Absolutely. nail on the head (tu)

I know, i forgot that it was wrong to wish any player leaving the club goodwill anymore. Silly me. doh

I know, i forgot that it was wrong to wish any player leaving the club goodwill anymore. Silly me. doh

Exactly.

Surely you meant to call him a cunt, traitor or scumbag?

Good Luck

Backs to the wall defending and a five man midfield got us to the UEFA Cup final though.

Zenit would have put it to bed in the first half if we'd went after them IMO.

Exactly.

Surely you meant to call him a cunt, traitor or scumbag?

Of course, you misunderstood me, he is a money-grabbing bastard. :anguish:

Good Luck

Backs to the wall defending and a five man midfield got us to the UEFA Cup final though.

It was a one off game ffs, not a first leg lets keep it tight match, i can say in all honesty that game was the biggest let down ever as a Rangers fan, it was an awful performance, brilliant few days in Manchester ended with a sour taste, these occaisions dont come along too often and in my humble opinion we fucked it up with a no show.

Possibly papa, I would have liked Smith to start the game that way (it makes no sense to go all-out attack) but I would have liked a more forward thinking team later in the match. It was the Final after all.

true about hemdani's all, but then again he was told, after starring in our run to manchester" that the club wanted him punted asap, and that he wouldnt get a game again, so i can see why he didnt try,

or maybe it looked like he didnt try in the reserves because he was coasting through the game, hell he done it often enough in the first team

we'll never know, fact is christian dailly came on as a defensive mid in the CIS final before edu who was on the bench, and hemdani was nowhere near the squad

tells you something about smiths mentality

Yep Dailly coming on in the CIS was strange <cr> This is what gets up my nose. Hemdani could have been used at points in the season (assuming his attitude was good) but I suppose we'll never know.

Ideally he would have got a good move last Summer but it didnt happen. He is a good player, is rated by many so I was surprised that no-one decent came in for him.

Anyway like I said before I wish him well and hope he gets sorted with a club.

Possibly papa, I would have liked Smith to start the game that way (it makes no sense to go all-out attack) but I would have liked a more forward thinking team later in the match. It was the Final after all.

only thing though, if we had lost the first goal then zenit would have been able to sit back and hit us on the break, hell advocaat done that for us while here, a lot

smith started in a way that he hoped our strengths would have won it for us, play defensive and hpe for a piece of mahic or a set piece

unfortunately none materialised and we got suckered late on

if rangers had started with 2 up front i think we could have been vastly over run i midfield

but thats the past