What do we expect next season?

belter

After the euphoria of the last few weeks has died down we are now in the fantasy/realisim weeks,who should we get rid of ,who should we sign,

will we qualify for the knockout stages of the champions league.Well in my opinion due the financial restraints we are under we should comfortably

compete at spl level with the majority of the team that played regulary at the end of the season.This means that weir will play cb next season

and that when fit broadfoot will along with lee will be back-up,this is a scenario we will have to accept the youngsters wilson and co will possibly

get some game time in the cis cup if we draw a minnow.We do not have the finances to compete in the champions league and our best hope is the

parachute into the europa , i would be happy to drop out of europe after the group stages altogether as from a financial position winning the spl title

is as important as it was this season, winning the title next season with prudent financial management should allow us to be able to afford a better

level of player. opinions please

http://www.drugs.com/valium.html (tu)

I would be looking for a treble, plus, I want to see us get past the last 16 in the Champions league for the first time. Simple as that, but, would accept another run to the Uefa final if that doesnt happen

ONE extra round in Europe makes us more money than an entire SPL season if you want to use the financial aspect

Realistically?

Europe: It all depends on who we get in our group. I'd be happy with European football after Christmas, be it last 16 or The Europa League.

SPL: Winners.

League and Scottish cup: Winners.

I think there will be the usual negative/unrealstic posters on this site next season my thoughts are we have to concentrate on the spl title

for future stability this brings qualification /or easier qualification to the riches of the champions league and brings financial stability back to the club

which would allow us more barganing power with better players

Get rid of Adam, Velicka, Beasley and McCulloch. Sign an outstanding LM (no idea who) and good striker and centre half. Allow more youth (e.g. Aaron, Wilson, Little, Hutton, Wylde, Stirling, Ness, Fleck, Loy, Shinnie) experience in the first team and let these guys come in to when players are injured, suspended or their form is suffering.

In terms of football style on the pitch, i'm happy with whatever formation Walter sees fit to get us the results we need but I'd like to see more consistency in terms of the level of passing and sitting back after going a goal up cannot carry on to the extent it has.

I'd like us to win the league (must win!) and Scottish Cup and still be competing in Europe after Christmas.

I think there will be the usual negative/unrealstic posters on this site next season my thoughts are we have to concentrate on the spl title

for future stability this brings qualification /or easier qualification to the riches of the champions league and brings financial stability back to the club

which would allow us more barganing power with better players

No doubt! haha

I see what you are saying, but, the bargaining power with better players comes from European football and money, not always in that order. The best/better players want to try and win those trophies. If you are capable of doing that, then, the SPL should be a breeze, as, the team will just be better.

The second part is, consistantly achieving something in Europe makes the qualification process easier, again, this gives us more likelyhood of actually qualifying and progressing. We can also look at being bumped up the "pots". Once we get to pot 2, there is only 1 team technically better than us in our group, this leads to us having a better chance of last 16 each year, more money, and, able to concentrate on going 1 stage further each time

I feel we can really turn the screw on Celtic this coming season.

Aim for the treble, that goes without saying. However I see the League title as a must, and the Scottish Cup to add. CIS up would be nice too. Not asking much am I? :unsure:

Europe, this remains to be seen but Walter has proved, bar Kaunas doh that he can get results with not the best squad of players at his disposal. Last sixteen I would hope, beyond that would be a major achievement.

same as GCL

would love to have a euro game or 2 next year, plus n more of this last day drama shite, i want the title wrapped up long before may comes around, let us relax in the split knowing we've won it

also both cups are wanted but neccessarily required, as winning the league and good euro run is far better

same as GCL

would love to have a euro game or 2 next year, plus n more of this last day drama shite, i want the title wrapped up long before may comes around, let us relax in the split knowing we've won it

also both cups are wanted but neccessarily required, as winning the league and good euro run is far better

If Walter really wants to bring the young boys on next season they must start every league cup game (including the final if they got there).

I don’t think there are many years left in this tournament so lets stop putting any importance on it…..

same as GCL

If Walter really wants to bring the young boys on next season they must start every league cup game (including the final if they got there).

I don’t think there are many years left in this tournament so lets stop putting any importance on it…..

:clap: Nice not to be alone. For me, people need to get past the "stopping Celtic" doing anything. If we used our youths in that competition, which, to be honest, we use as another trophy and has very little else to it, and these lads are successfull, albeit perhaps aided by a couple of more experienced squad players, then, we have these lads primed and ready to go for the first team when needed.

On top of that, I think they have a good shot at going far in it. These are the players all these people are slating Smith for not "giving a chance" to, yet, shut their eyes and ears when the league cup idea is presented.

same as GCL

Aye, it's for the bin i think. May as well take the Arsenal approach and use it to bleed young blood in.

The trebles nice but the league cup ultimately means nothing and giving our young boys a run out should be more important (in this instance).

Our treble record will never be surpassed but in the next few years I doubt it will be possible anyway, I give the league cup five years tops……

would love us to play our under 21's in the CIS cup, seeing as they fuckers will never overtake our record in it

as for scottish cup, ach were behind them so wouldnt mind a few more years of it being with us

but as i said, league success and euro run must come before domestic cup competitions

same as GCL

Aye, it's for the bin i think. May as well take the Arsenal approach and use it to bleed young blood in.

:clap: and Man Yoo.

Its the way forward, bin or not

Just get back to playing decent football again.

At what cost, though? Arsenal...what's it been now, 5 years without a trophy? They are one of the best football playing teams on the planet.

Firstly just a wee reminder to the poster wanting to qualify for the last 16 of the champions league for the first time? It wont be the first time brother because we were the first SPL team to do it , under big ECK, remember now?

I would firstly like to see more fluency , movement and passing in our general play and the hunger to go straight at teams right from the first whistle.

Trophy wise the SPL title will be sufficient for me, anything else is a bonus. I'd like us to conduct ourselves well in the champions league and claim a few big name scalps to help raise our stock / profile, and if possible get to the knockout stages purely for financial reasons.

That would be a successful season in my book.