Park Chu Young

super hans

Would be a great signing. Can play up front or on either flank.

Doubt his wages are any more than £20k per week at Monaco, so if we shift some of the deadwood he would be within our price-range. If we sell McGregor i'd use the money from that sale, plus any money from transfer fees and released players' wages, to sign this guy. He's playing for a mid-table french side, I reckon he'd jump at the chance of CL football and trophies.

Trying to be ambitious as well as realistic RSC :pipe:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park_Chu-Young

Any money from transfer fees will be going staright to the bank to pay off the debt.

We will have little money to spend this year unfortunately.

that seems to be most people's reply, but i refuse to believe that a club with 40,000 + season ticket holders cannot attract £3-4m signings, especially with the lure of Champions League football (even if it is only the group stages).

In fact nevermind the Champions League, the lure of GLASGOW RANGERS is still there. Despite the doom and gloom surrounding our finances, we are still as big if not bigger than Spurs, Villa et al.

I don't see why we can't use the £10m to pay off part of the debt, and use any income from merchandise/ticket sales, and transfers, to sign players of this calibre. He's hardly Messi, but then again, he's the kind of player i don't think is unreasonable for us to sign.

Any money from transfer fees will be going staright to the bank to pay off the debt.

that seems to be most people's reply, but i refuse to believe that a club with 40,000 + season ticket holders cannot attract £3-4m signings, especially with the lure of Champions League football (even if it is only the group stages).

In fact nevermind the Champions League, the lure of GLASGOW RANGERS is still there. Despite the doom and gloom surrounding our finances, we are still as big if not bigger than Spurs, Villa et al.

I don't see why we can't use the £10m to pay off part of the debt, and use any income from merchandise/ticket sales, and transfers, to sign players of this calibre. He's hardly Messi, but then again, he's the kind of player i don't think is unreasonable for us to sign.

How much debt do you think we are actually in?

anychance of abit of info about him? I know nothing about him :(

He's pretty much what you have come to expect of most Korean players: small, nippy, relatively hard working with a decent turn of pace.

He doesn't really have a position as such as he can play anywhere across the front line.

He's pretty much what you have come to expect of most Korean players: small, nippy, relatively hard working with a decent turn of pace.

He doesn't really have a position as such as he can play anywhere across the front line.

pretty much just get broken everytime he plays here unless he is on green and white hoops

£30m or so.

But if we signed this guy, it would be good PR as well. Shirt sales etc.

Speculate to accumulate.

Sounds like a player that would fit perfectly into a Walter Smith team.

If he could do a job anything like what Park Ji Sung has done at United over the last two seasons, then he would be worth a gamble imo.

Ok sounds interesting until you mention Monaco(no income tax), welcome to Scotland, where you will pay 50-60% tax, and every fucker in the league will hack you,, oh by the way the Champions league nights are full houses with an amazing atmosphere around the place.

In short no chance, would have to pay him £30G's+ every week just to compensate for the tax issue, not that im against signing a Korean from his homeland, for partly shirt sale revenue.

Good for Marketing? From what i have been reading lately you can hardly get a shirt in the Glasgow area.

I have been living in Holland for almost 30 years and watched the Dutch invasion with interest. I think i can count on one hand(or one finger) how many Rangers shirts i have seen in a sport's shop here. Celtic Shirts appear regularly. To market you have to have people who are good in marketing. Unfortunately we seem to have fallen by the way side on marketing.

Prob abt 25m

Agreed manageable level is arounf the 18-20m mark

We get 12m from the CL. If the scum fail to qualify we collect another 2m via the combined TV pot for Scotland.

Thats 14m.

10m to the bank takes debt down to approx 15m. Money saved on chopping deadwood e.g release of youngsters, staff cutbacks, Hemdani, Dailly etc etc probably near the 1-1.5m mark

Sell McGregor for 3-4m. Hand that over to the bank also.

I appreciate this isn't exact science as there will be other fees/costs etc but if we bring in 14+4+1.5 thats just under 20m

75% of that to ease the books still leaves around 5m. No reason why we cannot sign 2 good palyers and a wee bosman.

If we all act like we cannot possibly spend then thats exactly what Murray and his minions will do. Spend nowt whilst letting people go.

I appreciate we need to balance the books but we also need to invest. There is NOTHING stopping us from doing both. Except our own small expectations it seems.

Would be a great signing. Can play up front or on either flank.

Doubt his wages are any more than £20k per week at Monaco, so if we shift some of the deadwood he would be within our price-range. If we sell McGregor i'd use the money from that sale, plus any money from transfer fees and released players' wages, to sign this guy. He's playing for a mid-table french side, I reckon he'd jump at the chance of CL football and trophies.

Trying to be ambitious as well as realistic RSC :pipe:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park_Chu-Young

what about his brother

Bang Wan in ffs :anguish:

Prob abt 25m

Agreed manageable level is arounf the 18-20m mark

We get 12m from the CL. If the scum fail to qualify we collect another 2m via the combined TV pot for Scotland.

Thats 14m.

10m to the bank takes debt down to approx 15m. Money saved on chopping deadwood e.g release of youngsters, staff cutbacks, Hemdani, Dailly etc etc probably near the 1-1.5m mark

Sell McGregor for 3-4m. Hand that over to the bank also.

I appreciate this isn't exact science as there will be other fees/costs etc but if we bring in 14+4+1.5 thats just under 20m

75% of that to ease the books still leaves around 5m. No reason why we cannot sign 2 good palyers and a wee bosman.

If we all act like we cannot possibly spend then thats exactly what Murray and his minions will do. Spend nowt whilst letting people go.

I appreciate we need to balance the books but we also need to invest. There is NOTHING stopping us from doing both. Except our own small expectations it seems.

AT last, someone who actually understands the phrase "speculate to accumulate"

Murray is loving us all thinking we can't spend, as then he is under no pressure to do so.

Let's face it, this squad is woeful enough in the SPL nevermind Europe, if we don't sign one or two *quality players then i can see us being humiliated.

* quality, ie REAL Rangers quality, not the dross we've had to put up with for the past 6 years or so.