Time to stop TFO song

FUDGIE52

Maybe its time to stop singing this ditty, as certain people are going to use it as a stick to beat us with over the course of the new season.

Having been on one of the tim,s site,s [Kerrydale St.], guaging their reactions they HATE the BIG JOCK KNEW song more than this one, so

my suggestion is give this one pelters it really gets to them and theres bugger all the police can do as this isnt racist/bigoted etc. and most

of all its true as was proven in a court of law.

There's nothing bigoted or racist about TFIO song either.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe its time to stop singing this ditty, as certain people are going to use it as a stick to beat us with over the course of the new season.

Having been on one of the tim,s site,s [Kerrydale St.], guaging their reactions they HATE the BIG JOCK KNEW song more than this one, so

my suggestion is give this one pelters it really gets to them and theres bugger all the police can do as this isnt racist/bigoted etc. and most

There's nothing bigoted or racist about TFIO song either.

Unless you are involved in Scots law it would seem. I am still in disbelief that someone was charged on the basis of what something MIGHT infer? Its absolute craziness.

And, as a sidenote, why would we sing it in Europe anyway? We wont be playing the tims? Surely its a moot point?

The ironic thing is that celtic fans absolutely love us singing TFIO etc, as it lets them continue to portay themselves as the good guys and pressurise UEFA etc.

See if they even took out the section on the famine being over and replaced it with the apparent meaning of plastic paddies then surely it cant be deemed as racist. It would also make more sense as the famine brought our Ulster kinsmen over here too. Its too easy for that lot to beat us with this and we do what they want by continuing to sing it. We are playing into their hands

why must we keep changing our songs ?, its really starting to piss me off , first TBB now this, the last thing i would ever want to do is damage rangers but tbh noone seems to think much of us anyway, when they start banning timmy's songs as well as ours then maybe i would consider it but until then, no chance. and if i heard anyone singing it at a game i would sing along and encourage others to do so ,its all the handwringers that are making it easy for ppl to get arrested for singing this as im sure they would not arrest a full stand for singing ,if they started fining rangers or stealing points i would prob change my mind but not for a raging timmy copper and a (obv not a fan) daft wee rangers steward!

It does seem, Rangers are the only club on this earth, whose fans are singled out for criticism of the songs they sing. That is the part of all this, which really concerns me. Why just Rangers?

Being from Northern Ireland and British, I find it particularly annoying they find it offensive, as for the last 30 years, I have been told 'BRIT GO HOME'. The irony in this, you just couldn't make up. I put this to a tic fan at work who was trying to gave me a hard time over TFS, the plum didn't know what to say.......sweet.

My heart says SING, SING IT LOUD, but unfortunely my head says we could be digging ourselves a hole with the court ruling :angry:

Spot on willhelm.

Some of the handwringers amongst our support give me the boke.

to be honest jim im not really a singer of songs at the games (dont know why)

but when i hit the wee club or a bar after a game im singing as loud as anyone and yes the famine song is a nice little ditty

stop singing dont you people no that we live in the great Britain we have freedom of speech we are the only club in the world that is getting picked on like this wile the dirty rebels get to sing vulgar songs that insult the crown and evreything this country stands for get up and fight for our rights to sing what ever we please no one likes us and they are looking for ways to destroy us dont let them get up and sing fuck them

It does seem, Rangers are the only club on this earth, whose fans are singled out for criticism of the songs they sing. That is the part of all this, which really concerns me. Why just Rangers?

Because of the scum across the city.

Maybe we should all start writing to Uefa etc when they start their pro-ira songs up at games and its herd loud and clear on tv.

The best one was when they sang oh ah up the ra..they claimed it was Ohh Ahh Samaras. He was out injured at this point

I say fuck the lot of them. They dont like Glasgow Celtic paedophiles either, lets drown the dirty bastards with that glorious chant

FTP

I wont sing the famine song at Gers games now because it will get Rangers as a club into trouble and i dont want that, im sure nobody does

I know its not offensive or that but when its Rangers who are going to suffer then we need to stop singin it

No, the song is shite and it is as funny as Elaine C CuntbagsSmith, stop it and quit feeling picked on. Play it clever. Too many unreconstructed morons being tolerated in our support. If you believe in backwards ideas, violence, potatos, and superstitions then go over to the East End.

I wont sing the famine song at Gers games now because it will get Rangers as a club into trouble and i dont want that, im sure nobody does

I know its not offensive or that but when its Rangers who are going to suffer then we need to stop singin it

Exactly....The reputation of the club means more than anything.

The Scum bags love it when we sing songs that can be misinterpreted as racist ..sectarian or whatever...by continuing to sing we are playing into their hands and the media lap it up again and again

The Scum bags love it when we sing songs that can be misinterpreted as racist ..sectarian or whatever...by continuing to sing we are playing into their hands and the media lap it up again and again

The reputation of the club...... fnar fnar

If being a group of cowardly bastards who can be dictated to over a satirical song means we remain squeeky clean to those who fucking loathe us is your idea of keeping our club out of trouble then you are a pistol whipped pussy!

Cowards the fucking lot of you!

so what your saying is that everything we sing is not sectarian/rascist so why should we not sing them just because the media lap it up

my grandfather and father fought for our democracy and your quite happy to give all that up because a few newspapers might write a bad thing about rangers

well i will be more worried when they write good things about us

If being a group of cowardly bastards who can be dictated to over a satirical song means we remain squeeky clean to those who fucking loathe us is your idea of keeping our club out of trouble then you are a pistol whipped pussy!

Well said Jim. (tu)

Cowards? How the fuck can we be cowards?

Nobodys saying anythings wrong with the song, but why the fuck do you want to get Rangers into trouble because you're too stubborn to stop singin a song

Sing it and feel like a big man if you must but lets see how you feel when we're getting points deductions and our we're playing behinds closed doors, look at Atheltico when they got their stadium closed

Care about Rangers reputation and im a coward, yer arse.