Real Madrid agree Benzema deal

Amac9

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Real Madrid have no morals. They just throw money at everything. It's worse than Man City and what Chelsea are doing/used to do.

I don't even know why players go there as they are rank rotten and won't win the champions league for ages. Singing 4 or 5 great strikers doesn't stop you leakin goals and you can only play 2 or 3 of them at one time so some are gona get unhappy.

Would love a team like Liverpool, Man U etc to put another 5 past them in champs league.

Real Madrid have no morals. They just throw money at everything. I'ts worse than Man City and what Chelsea are doing/used to do.

I don't even know why players go there as they are rank rotten and won't win the champions league for ages. Singing 4 or 5 great strikers doesn't stop you leakin goals and you can only play 2 or 3 of them at one time so some are gona get unhappy.

Would love a team like Liverpool, Man U etc to put another 5 past them in champs league.

Ronaldo - Attacking midfielder

Kaka - Attacking midfielder

Benzema- Striker

Real Madrid have no morals. They just throw money at everything. It's worse than Man City and what Chelsea are doing/used to do.

Is it not called 'paying the going rate'?

Real Madrid have no morals. They just throw money at everything. I'ts worse than Man City and what Chelsea are doing/used to do.

Benzema- Striker

Albiol - defender.

Benzema- Striker

Albiol - defender.

He's not a big enough name to mention :pipe:

Benzema- Striker

Yeah mate your right but if you look at what they already have in Huntelaar, Van Nistelrooy, Robben, Raul, Higuan, Sneijder, Van Der Vaart. Someone described them as putting the roof on without foundations and they are exactly right.

Apart from Raul Albiol they havn't fixed their major problem. Defence

If they can afford it, which given that they've spent it i assume they can, why shouldnt they spend it?

If WS had a transfer kitty of £10m would you expect him to only spend £1m to give Hibs, Hearts, Motherwell etc a chance?

Benzema- Striker

Yeah mate your right but if you look at what they already have in Huntelaar, Van Nistelrooy, Robben, Raul, Higuan, Sneijder, Van Der Vaart. Someone described them as putting the roof on without foundations and they are exactly right.

Apart from Raul Albiol they havn't fixed their major problem. Defence

Those in bold Real are trying to offload

If they can afford it, which given that they've spent it i assume they can, why shouldnt they spend it?

If WS had a transfer kitty of £10m would you expect him to only spend £1m to give Hibs, Hearts, Motherwell etc a chance?

Yes. For the integrity of the SPL :pipe:

And was anyone moaning when Liverpool paid a fortune for Torres?

Or when Man Utd paid a lot for Rooney, Ferdinand and Berbatov?

A lot of people are in danger of being influenced by the English media giving the impression that they 'do things properly' in England. The money they've spent in England is just as, if not more ridiculous than some of the prices paid in Europe over the past six years.

Real Madrid want the best players. Ronaldo, Kaka and Benzema would make most Top 5 players lists, so I don't see the problem. The money's staying in football and the English, French and Italian markets have been boosted by the expenditure.

It's something that Madrid can afford. Much like Barca, the Madrid banks are proud to support their 'local side', hence the money is there at an affordable rate.

When Chelsea got rich they bought players like Carvahlo and Ferreira and Makele which shored up their defence and allowed signings like Mutu, Drogba etc to be attacking with a safe structure behind them. Maybe Madrid have plans to go out and buy defenders but at the moment it seems they are 1 dimensional with their signings.

Awesome.

I can't see how this is bad for football either, as the money is being kept IN the sport.

Real Madrid in FIFA/FM next year :praise:

I have been playing with Real on FIFA just with Kaka and Ronaldo...with Benzema it will be ridiculous :lol:

When Chelsea got rich they bought players like Carvahlo and Ferreira and Makele which shored up their defence and allowed signings like Mutu, Drogba etc to be attacking with a safe structure behind them. Maybe Madrid have plans to go out and buy defenders but at the moment it seems they are 1 dimensional with their signings.

Casillas, Pepe, Ramos, Albiol, Marcelo, Torres....

Their defence isn't as bad as people think. Under Juande Ramos, Madrid went on their best ever league run over the course of the 19 games before the 6-2 game against Barca, where they (for some reason) played a higher line than they previously had for the past three months.

They really don't need that much in defence, Albiol and perhaps one other.

It's up front and midfield where they've made mistakes and went stale over the past few years.

Their defence isn't as bad as people think. Under Juande Ramos, Madrid went on their best ever league run over the course of the 19 games before the 6-2 game against Barca, where they (for some reason) played a higher line than they previously had for the past three months.

It's up front and midfield where they've made mistakes and went stale over the past few years.

Fair point yeah (tu)

Just seems crazy though spending £80m on 1 player. He breaks his leg in game 1 then its a nightmare. I think with their spending they are putting all their eggs in 1 baskett.

Fair point yeah (tu)

Just seems crazy though spending £80m on 1 player. He breaks his leg in game 1 then its a nightmare. I think with their spending they are putting all their eggs in 1 baskett.

Look what Ronaldo delivers when he's happy though. He's been wanting this move for three years but when he got his head down the season before last, he was incredible.

£80m is just the going rate and Real Madrid are one of the few clubs (or companies, I should say) that can easily afford that.

They've only paid an initial £30m for Benzema, the same that United paid for Berbatov - I know who I'd rather have!

Fair point yeah (tu)

Look what Ronaldo delivers when he's happy though. He's been wanting this move for three years but when he got his head down the season before last, he was incredible.

£80m is just the going rate and Real Madrid are one of the few clubs (or companies, I should say) that can easily afford that.

They've only paid an initial £30m for Benzema, the same that United paid for Berbatov - I know who I'd rather have!

Does anyone have an idea of how they make so much money? I know they are well supported but surely that's not enough to give them £250 million + to spend on players and pay wages etc.