Paul and Jim leave

Celtic have confirmed the departures of striker Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink and midfielder Paul Hartley.

Manager Tony Mowbray said: "I had a good long conversation with Paul. He came in to see me.

"The outcome of that is Paul won't be offered a new contract. He is free to look for other employment.

"I have had no contact with Jan. Jan is out of contract - he is free to seek other employment and I'm pretty sure that's what he will be doing."

Hartley is poised to make a decision over his own future having been offered a contract by Greek top-flight club Iraklis Saloniki.

Hearts were also interested in bringing the 32-year-old Scotland international back for a second spell at Tynecastle.

Hartley, who started his career with Hamilton and also had spells with Millwall, Raith Rovers, Hibernian and St Johnstone, had been with Celtic since 2007.

Netherlands international Vennegoor of Hesselink has been linked with moves back to his homeland.

The 30-year-old striker, who spent three seasons with Celtic, previously played for FC Twente and PSV Eindhoven.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...tic/8130915.stm

Celtic only signed Hartley so we couldn't. He was pretty poor in his time there.

As for Vinegar, pretty good in his first season, but after that nothing special and complete shit last year.

Pitty they didn't stay. They get 2 players off the wage bill unfortunately.

Vinegar wasn't on the wage bill because his contract was up.

I am glad Hartley is away tbh.

Is always a player Celtic could rely on to do them a job.

Hesselink I would have rather stayed.

But all in all Celtic will have to spend some serious money as they have now lost 3 first team players with Nakamura away aswell.

I am glad Hartley is away tbh.

Is always a player Celtic could rely on to do them a job.

Hesselink I would have rather stayed.

But all in all Celtic will have to spend some serious money as they have now lost 3 first team players with Nakamura away aswell.

Vinegar was out of contract so they get no fee, Hartley's worth about 1M tops, and Naka left for peanuts too.

They're not exactly rolling in it.

What I meant was they have now lost 3 first team players.

So they will more than likely have to spend money to replace them.

What I meant was they have now lost 3 first team players.

So they will more than likely have to spend money to replace them.

My mistake, i misread your post in the first place.