What Rangers Biographies have u read?

I tend to read Club histories, but some of the players biogs are good. 'Rangers the New Era', was the first Rangers book I ever picked up. A lavish publication, it is definitely one of, maybe the best book written about the Rangers. Another book I really enjoyed, was 'Glasgow's Giants', by Bill Murray, about the history of the Old Firm. As far as I can make out, it is not biased either way. It is, however, rich in interesting photographs and cartoons of the time, with a narrative to match.

John Greig

Lorenzo Amoruso

Gazza

Terry Butcher

Graham Roberts

currently reading Willie Johnstons

Best book tho was called the best of the blues. it was about the gers team in the sixties around the time of Jock Stein and compares both sides of the old firm at the time.

Barry Ferguson's book 'Blue' is a great read (tu)

Does he talk the talk or is it a one of those books where the player is aware of the fact that he is still involved in football and doesn't want to put anyones nose out of joint?

Just Barrys. Really enjoyed reading his. Hes pretty honest through it all and you can tell him love for Rangers in it. Shame what has happened to him lately cause of a mistake playing for scotland.

Does he talk the talk or is it a one of those books where the player is aware of the fact that he is still involved in football and doesn't want to put anyones nose out of joint?

Bit of both IIRC.

It is a very interesting and exciting read.

Bit of both IIRC.

Exciting?! :lol:

Like Indian Jones stuff?

Bit of both IIRC.

Like Indian Jones stuff?

:lol:

There are a couple of funny things in it.

I read 2 on holiday in Portugal last June , i read Gazza's 2nd book was very depressing and not much about his time at Gers in it

mostly about the bad times over his career and his time with Newcastle and Lazio didnt enjoy reading it , will try and get hold of his 1st book maybe that will be better

also read Arthur Newmans Oranje & Blue a fantastic read from start to finish couldnt put it down went all the way through his career from a junoir to playing at PSV , Rangers and appearing at the World Cup with Holland and detailed reasons why his time at Ibrox came to an end , would recomend for any bear to read.

I have Ally McCoists new book to read on Holiday in September in Ibiza its sitting under my bed , dying to read it :) but leaving it for the sunshine.

Bit of both IIRC.

Like Indian Jones stuff?

That the bollywood version?