New Champions League rules

chic

Given that the new Champions League rules state that every team entered must have 8 home based players in their squad of 25 ,would make me feel that this has to have an effect on the inactivity on the transfer front,In as much as we need to get it right.As I've said before,there is no point in going on these spending sprees to find out a few days before the deadline that what we have may not be good enough.For example ,take last year other than Kenny Miller,no major signing before the Kaunas game,we end up out of all european competitions and then sign Pedro,Steve Davis and Bougherra.

So with the team back at Murray Park tomorrow,let the manager assess who is going ,who is staying and more importantly who we need to buy,and in the correct time scale.Having 8 home based players may have been easy last year, but with Adam,Dailly,Ferguson and possibly McGregor and even Boyd leaving it is obvious we may have to buy within before we plunder Europe for signings.

Let's keep calm and see what happens over the coming weeks.

If this is true i reckon we will be ok as we have loads of homegrowm players even if we lose some

but this will impact all the major clubs who only buy foreighn players like the top 4 in England , Spain think the Itailians and German teams would be ok as they tend to buy domestic.

Can you honestly see Barca,Real, Man U,Chelsea,Arsenal,Liverpool etc all standing by as this rule affects there chances of winning the champions league

this euro super league might not be as far fetched as we think , Platini is driving the major players away from Uefa.

Yes,I agree we will have plenty home based Scots,but there is a difference in having 8 good home based players ,as opposed to having some only in the squad to make up the numbers with no chance of playing

Given that the new Champions League rules state that every team entered must have 8 home based players in their squad of 25 ,would make me feel that this has to have an effect on the inactivity on the transfer front,In as much as we need to get it right.As I've said before,there is no point in going on these spending sprees to find out a few days before the deadline that what we have may not be good enough.For example ,take last year other than Kenny Miller,no major signing before the Kaunas game,we end up out of all european competitions and then sign Pedro,Steve Davis and Bougherra.

So with the team back at Murray Park tomorrow,let the manager assess who is going ,who is staying and more importantly who we need to buy,and in the correct time scale.Having 8 home based players may have been easy last year, but with Adam,Dailly,Ferguson and possibly McGregor and even Boyd leaving it is obvious we may have to buy within before we plunder Europe for signings.

Let's keep calm and see what happens over the coming weeks.

true but its the same team as last season so we should know who we need to get rid of and areas where we need to strengthen so don't you think we should get in a few players just to get well prepared for the up coming season earlier although i know its easier said than done.

Yes,I agree we will have plenty home based Scots,but there is a difference in having 8 good home based players ,as opposed to having some only in the squad to make up the numbers with no chance of playing

out of the players you mentioned only boyd played a major factor in winning the league, the rest only made up the numbers

In the squad, anything from; Alexander, Whittaker, Weir, Thomson, Miller, Boyd, Wilson, Fleck, Naismith, McGregor(should he stay), Stevie Smith.....and that's not counting dumplings like, Broadfoot, McCulloch, Graeme Smith (unless he goes?), Webster....

Then you have the likes of Jamie Ness, Andrew Shinnie, Gregg Wylde....who are all in with a chance of tasting 1st team football next season.

Doesn't affect us at all - 5 out of the 8 will be Champions League starters; Alexander, Whittaker, Weir, Thomson, Miller.

This isn't new, it was in place last season, I remember looking it up, due to an FM incident.

The home grown rule doesn't necessarily have to be scottish in our case, all it is is that players have to be at a club from the same association for 3 consecutive seasons before they turn 21.

The clubs are also required to have 4 players trained at their own club for 3 consecutive seasons before they turn 21.

Can you actually imagine Arsenal with 8 English players ?

But its easy to get around, as mac444 said all you need to do is sign a load of 16-18 year olds and have them at your club for 3 years and then they are classed as home grown players. This is what arsenal etc do and what i do in FM! :pipe:

Fabregas is actually classed as a home grown player for arsenal.

You have to remember that you can just stick in 8 kids and have a core squad of 17 left over, its not like 8 have to play in every game or anything, everyone will be fine. Plus we have a large amount of Scots in the first team squad, this rule was announced a few years ago to give us time to prepare for it, so Smith did.