Manchester City sign Emmanuel Adebayor

Muff

Would be great business for Arsenal, his form has run out and I imagine they would recieve a healthy sum of money.

Don't think I can see him going to City though, the only possible reason would be for money.

Just on ssn there , he's been offered a 5 year deal @ £170,000 per week and the fee mentioned was £22m

Yup - just ridiculously silly money.

It's getting to the point now where it seems to be more important to pay players a fortune than to actually sign great players.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be great business for Arsenal, his form has run out and I imagine they would recieve a healthy sum of money.

Don't think I can see him going to City though, the only possible reason would be for money.

Just on ssn there , he's been offered a 5 year deal @ £170,000 per week and the fee mentioned was £22m

Yup - just ridiculously silly money.

It's getting to the point now where it seems to be more important to pay players a fortune than to actually sign great players.

Yeh, I've never really understood how players were unhappy with 50k a week and want 70k for example. I mean the majority of them are from poor backgrounds and would probably be earning 20-30k per year if they weren't footballers.

I suppose it comes to down to them seeing what thier peers are recieving, and feeling hard done by if they are getting paid less. Basically most people are susceptible to greed.

I mean, it has always been the case that wages may be one of the reasons that you may decide to go to a club, but it's come to the point in some cases, where wages are the only reason.

I mean, I really can't see any other reason why Adebayor would move from Arsenal to Man City. Even in the Tevez case, he was out of favour at Man Utd and felt badly treated.

If Adebayor decides to move to Eastlands, I will be truly shocked.

Possibly Adebayor, and Tevez.

Along with; Bojinov, Robinho, Caicedo, Santa Cruz, Bellamy, Evans, Benjani.

If i were Mark Hughes i'd be trying to ship out these dead wood players.

Waste of wages and squad numbers, especially Evans and Caicedo.

Possibly Adebayor, and Tevez.

Along with; Bojinov, Robinho, Caicedo, Santa Cruz, Bellamy, Evans, Benjani.

If i were Mark Hughes i'd be trying to ship out these dead wood players.

Waste of wages and squad numbers, especially Evans and Caicedo.

Bellamy won't go in this transfer window. Hughes likes him, had him at Blackburn and Wales.

Passes medical...I laughed when I read that at work:

Emmanuel Adebayor has passed a medical and will move to Manchester City once his work permit is approved.

The Togo striker, who has spent three-and-a-half seasons at Arsenal, is believed to be valued at £25m.

The 25-year-old, who scored 16 times for the Gunners last season, has also been linked to AC Milan and Chelsea.

City boss Mark Hughes said as Carlos Tevez was unveiled: "There have been discussions and possibly a deal to be done but nothing has been concluded."

Speaking at the press conference to announce the signing of the former Manchester United striker, Hughes admitted that there could be more arrivals at the big-spending club before the start of the season.

"It may well be that opportunities will present themselves. We still have areas we want to strengthen," he said.

City are intent on building a new-look attack and as well as Tevez have also added Paraguayan Roque Santa Cruz to their ranks this summer, having signed Craig Bellamy last season.

606: DEBATE

Are Manchester City a threat to not only the top 4, but the top 3 as well?

Blue_Thru_and_Thru

The Eastlands outfit are eager to break into the Premier League's top four this coming season and have shown their determination with their close-season spending.

Midfielder Gareth Barry was bought from Aston Villa, and from under the noses of last season's Premier League runners-up Liverpool, for £12m and City paid Blackburn about £18m for Paraguay international forward Santa Cruz.

City completed a deal for Tevez on Tuesday - the Argentine joining after City paid a fee of about £25m to secure his registration from third party ownership after his contract with Premier League champions Manchester United expired.

And if Adebayor also makes the switch to Eastlands, City will have captured players from three of the leading six clubs in the top flight last season.

In Adebayor, City would be buying a player who has scored 62 goals in 142 appearances for Arsenal since he joined the Gunners from Monaco for £7m.

He hit 30 goals in the 2007/08 season but struggled with injuries in the last campaign and also incurred the wrath of some Arsenal fans, who felt the striker lacked commitment.

With the influx of big-name players at Eastlands comes a new challenge for manager Hughes, according to former Manchester City player Dennis Tueart.

He told BBC Radio 5 Live: "The big challenge for managers now is to manage extremely wealthy young men, who do not need to work beyond their football careers.

"How does that affect their psyche and professionalism? These are things that the manager has got to sort out."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/8149488.stm

£25 Million. yasssss come Arsene make us stronger :)

Like Arsene will spend it! :craphead:

Frontline for City is looking fantastic this year, they're stacked in the midfield too come on Hughes sort out the defence and we can push for the Top 4.

£25 Million. yasssss come Arsene make us stronger :)

cue 3 19 year olds that wont be ready to play for a couple of years :lol:

we need CB's at least 2 of them

From Africa :ang: but aye get another CH in, a strong ball winning CM and a striker!

to be replaced by Bendtner (tu) who is bigger built and similar height (tu)

Aye but the squad as a whole is lacking height. Can see them loosing a few goals at corners/free kicks.

I think apart from Gallas, Toure and Bedtner the rest of the team is under 6ft.

so who is buying these players <cr>

sparky or someone else ?

I still think man city will struggle with consistency this season, even with all the stars there is no real decent back bone to the team.

If Man City get Adebayor then they could be very strong from middle to front.

De Jong and Kmompany are fantastic at sitting in and breaking up play, and if it was up to me both would be playing before Barry. Just infront of them you have Tevez and Ireland who are nippy little bastards who can also play a bit too.

Adebayor and Robinho can be a bit hit or miss so it will be interesting to see how they perform at places like Stoke and Bolton.

If they add a couple of centre halves then they reallly could be good, good side next year.