Us and the bheggers are looking to buy spl rights and run own tv channel

GOAT

This isn't to drive up the SKY/ESPN bid, none of those broadcasters are stupid. If this is pie in the sky, do you not think ESPN and SKY especially have been in the business long enough to know spot the signs? SKY or ESPN don't need us, remember that.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't to drive up the SKY/ESPN bid, none of those broadcasters are stupid. If this is pie in the sky, do you not think ESPN and SKY especially have been in the business long enough to know spot the signs? SKY or ESPN don't need us, remember that.

You might be right, we're all speculating although for the reasons expressed up thread I'm still not sure sure SDM or Desmond, who aren't idiots either, can pull this off. To say SKY and ESPN don't need us isn't really the point. It's not a matter of need more a matter of want. If they want the games and the revenue opportunities they offer they have to decide what they are worth to them, if they don't want them then don't offer anything.

The SPL TV rights have a value the argument is about what that value is, and is it more than what Sky have offered.

I wonder how much we would be charged each month.

Realistically how much would you be willing to pay?

I am a tight arse £10 !!!! or a £5 a game would be fair!!!

I wonder how much we would be charged each month.

Realistically how much would you be willing to pay?

Would depend on how many Rangers games were shown over a season.

Say 20 for arguments sake.

i say put the CL money from both teams back into scottish football (tv) and do it for us and all scottish teams and all the legions of fans we have around the world. lets make our own tv channel(s)

and kick sky and espn back into the sky. lets unite. its only my opinion.

At the end of the day if it's going to cost us in the short term, it's definitely going to profit us in the long term. Setanta wasn't making us enough money, never mind this new joint venture from Sky/ESPN.

The on;y reason they failed was because of the EPL matches.

As someone mentioned months ago, Setants were making a profit from the SPL alone(because of the Old Firm). After all it is us that make most of the subscriptions. If we take 65% of the profit from our own TV deal and give the rest of the clubs the rest, then it gives us all(SPL) a greater profit, if we aren't too greedy.

If the other clubs are against it, then imo it's only because of pride.

At the end of the day if it's going to cost us in the short term, it's definitely going to profit us in the long term. Setanta wasn't making us enough money, never mind this new joint venture from Sky/ESPN.

As someone mentioned months ago, Setants were making a profit from the SPL alone(because of the Old Firm). After all it is us that make most of the subscriptions. If we take 65% of the profit from our own TV deal and give the rest of the clubs the rest, then it gives us all(SPL) a greater profit, if we aren't too greedy.

here's another one of of my opinions. aberdeen beats celtic. st. mirren beats rangers. who paid the tv to watch it. we paid setanta. who owned the tv station, bla bla. if rangers or celtic owned the tv station do you think the other scottish teams would try harder to beat them. kilmarnock would think better of themselves if they beat the "owners". its the same thing as it has been happening for years. so why not support everyone in this. we are all scottish so lets unite and beat this credit crunch and show the world we are a country who stands together. by the way im not an snp supporter.

here's another one of of my opinions. aberdeen beats celtic. st. mirren beats rangers. who paid the tv to watch it. we paid setanta. who owned the tv station, bla bla. if rangers or celtic owned the tv station do you think the other scottish teams would try harder to beat them. kilmarnock would think better of themselves if they beat the "owners". its the same thing as it has been happening for years. so why not support everyone in this. we are all scottish so lets unite and beat this credit crunch and show the world we are a country who stands together. by the way im not an snp supporter.

Your grammar is atrocious, so much so that I cannot understand your view.

Will teams try more to beat the teams that own the TV rights? Is that your point?

I was always under the impression that teams will always try to defeat rivals that were better than them. Is that not the competitive attitude?