Barry: It's the best thing for both the club and myself that we go our separate

Boab

BARRY FERGUSON had mixed emotions as he joined Birmingham City yesterday in a three-year deal

He has vowed to repay new manager Alex McLeish for giving him another crack at the Barclays Premier League but he is sad to be cutting his strong ties with Rangers.

Ferguson, 31, who spent 18 months at Blackburn, is determined to make the most of the move.

He said: "It's a great challenge for me to be going back to the Premiership.

"I am going to work again with a manager who has been my gaffer at club and country level and I have a lot of respect for him.

"He has put a lot of faith in me again, and I want to repay that by doing well for him at Birmingham.

"It's a bit of a sad day for me really. I have to say that it's all a bit surreal. But that's life.

"I have left Rangers with no hard feelings. It's the best thing for both the club and myself that we go our separate ways.

"I've been at Rangers since I was a kid and, bar a year-and-a-half at Blackburn, it's been my entire life. The club will always be in my heart, the people who know me know exactly what Rangers always meant."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/He...1726209,00.html

"I've been at Rangers since I was a kid and, bar a year-and-a-half at Blackburn, it's been my entire life. The club will always be in my heart, the people who know me know exactly what Rangers always meant."

All the best Barry.

Legend! :praise:

It's the best thing for both the club and myself that we go our separate ways.

Absolutely spot on but not everyone could be big enough to stand up and say this so respect to barry. Thanks for the memories and good luck down in the EPL. At least he leaves with another couple of medals in his pocket including an spl medal.

I think this is the best deal for all parties involved. Having said that, I can't help but feel devastated he's gone.

Ohhh Barry Barry!

I reckon he'll play at Hamilton one day.

That's mental Boab.

He'll wrap it a long time before he turns out for the 'accies.

I'm sure he went to see Hamilton as a lad when Rangers were away and was affectionate towards them in his book.

I reckon he'll play at Hamilton one day.

That's mental Boab.

He'll wrap it a long time before he turns out for the 'accies.

I'm sure he went to see Hamilton as a lad when Rangers were away and was affectionate towards them in his book.

It's where he was born.