***The official Rangers vs Arsenal match thread**

MisterC

Weir is at sea most of the time. We need a new CB.

absolutely. we are in trouble in the champions league if not.

Tonel or Onyewu would do.

ok.the gunners are big,but what bothers me,is that our players seem to be intemidated by Arsenal.especialy the first 15 minutes.

the gunners are too confy.we are letting them control the tempo and we are lettin them play their game.

Everyone knows you cant let arsenal settle. Stoke have given them a good game, by getting them hustled and busseled. Kick em.

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's time we look at a left back now, Papac has been fantastic to go out there and do what he has done, but he does get caught a lot out there and really offers very little going forward.

He will always be CB, he done well to fill in at left back but I just feel we need at least 3 signings, a CB, LB and a pacey, flairy winger.

gettin fucking smoked wish walter would try and attack a bit far too negative

I dont think attack is in his vocabulary.

Aye lets attack..... Be 20-0 by now.

Honestly, give me strength.

aye well defending like fuck is doing us a lot of good eh ?

Its stopping us from getting our worst result in pre season history.

o.k walter that the plan for the champions league as well ? just defend and hope we don't get pumped ?

Watching here in the US on Gol TV. 2 US muppet commentators.

All they keep saying is how well Beasley is doing!!!

FFS what game are they watching, he has bottled out of 2-3 50/50 challenges.

Naismith has looked decent, putting himself about and working hard.

Had to laugh at the muppets though. Capello is in the crowd and they started discussing who he could be there too watch. The 2 commentators then said, well Arsenal only have the one player who could come in and help England in Wilthsire while, Rangers had 2................Davis and Lafferty :uk:

McGregor - should have saved the first goal.

Weir - Should retire

DMB - forgot he was on the pitch. Seriously, all he does is get the ball and fall down!

Naysmith - tried hard.

Davis - some good touches.

Mendez - Needs to get in the game

Lafferty - needs more help.

Welcome to RM (tu)

I think it's time we look at a left back now, Papac has been fantastic to go out there and do what he has done, but he does get caught a lot out there and really offers very little going forward.

He will always be CB, he done well to fill in at left back but I just feel we need at least 3 signings, a CB, LB and a pacey, flairy winger.

Papac is better at LB than at CB

o.k walter that the plan for the champions league as well ? just defend and hope we don't get pumped ?

Pretty much. Same plan as it has been for the last 3 years

Watching here in the US on Gol TV. 2 US muppet commentators.

All they keep saying is how well Beasley is doing!!!

FFS what game are they watching, he has bottled out of 2-3 50/50 challenges.

Naismith has looked decent, putting himself about and working hard.

Had to laugh at the muppets though. Capello is in the crowd and they started discussing who he could be there too watch. The 2 commentators then said, well Arsenal only have the one player who could come in and help England in Wilthsire while, Rangers had 2................Davis and Lafferty :uk:

Sad, Sad, sad. Ball bouncing off Beasley's head in the box summed up his day for me.

I bet if Walter went out and attacked every team we play in The Champions League for 90 minutes and we got humped on the counter then the same people on here who moan about us being defensive would be moaning that we aren't resolute enough :rolleyes:

clearly not working here then time for plan b

Tbf, we played a much more entertaining game yesterday.

FFS. We give teams FAR too much space to operate in around our own goal.

DP, it's all part of friendlies teams sit off as it doesn't matter as much. That's why you see more players trying fancy tricks etc cause they know it's less lightly to get hit.

It's not pretty to watch, but it's a great learning curve for us as we expire to reach something like this standard.

True to a point db, but they are closing down our chances pretty well (though we're not showing much pace apart from Naisy and Whitty, so it's not exceptionally hard).

Defending wise they are closing in packs and marking space, something that was slated by us under PLG i may add.

Lets put this into perspective, Fabregas would cost more to buy than our whole team. Honestly were are heading in the right direction we just need to be patient.

I bet if Walter went out and attacked every team we play in The Champions League for 90 minutes and we got humped on the counter then the same people on here who moan about us being defensive would be moaning that we aren't resolute enough :rolleyes:

For sure.

Its the only way teams like Rangers have a chance of competing with Arsenal.

Conceding an early goal kills the game

FFS. We give teams FAR too much space to operate in around our own goal.

DP, it's all part of friendlies teams sit off as it doesn't matter as much. That's why you see more players trying fancy tricks etc cause they know it's less lightly to get hit.

It's not pretty to watch, but it's a great learning curve for us as we expire to reach something like this standard.

True to a point db, but they are closing down our chances pretty well (though we're not showing much pace apart from Naisy and Whitty, so it's not exceptionally hard).

Defending wise they are closing in packs and marking space, something that was slated by us under PLG i may add.

Lets put this into perspective, Fabregas would cost more to buy than our whole team. Honestly were are heading in the right direction we just need to be patient.

Well spoken.