Novo warns fleck over attitude

robgersfan51

Published Date: 03 August 2009

NACHO NOVO has told John Fleck he will only fulfil his potential as a Rangers player if he has the correct attitude and mentality.

Fleck, 17, was dropped from the first-team squad for the Emirates Cup in London, as the Scottish champions suffered a 3-0 defeat to winners Arsenal yesterday.

Boss Walter Smith revealed afterwards that he made the decision to send the talented teenager to Northern Ireland with the reserves before a reported bust-up with assistant manager Ally McCoist.

However, Novo has warned the youngster he will have to knuckle down and work hard if he wants to succeed at Ibrox.

"John Fleck is a great young player and he can do it for Rangers," said the striker.

"He can do whatever he wants to do in the game with the ability he has. I think he has the ability to become a very good player.

John Fleck

"The quality is there – now it is about how he is going to do it and what he can do with his talent. I think for every player it is vital to work hard.

"A strong mentality and working every day is what you need to do.

"This is what all the senior players will tell John. He has all the talent but you need to keep working hard."

good words from nacho http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Nacho-N...over.5518254.jp

This whole FLECK BAD BOY thing needs to stop, :anguish: Walter and co im sure would of much rather it was kept behind closed doors and they will deal with it. Instead our players going to the papers about it.

would you rather they said no comment when asked a question by the press?

i would rather keep things positive, well as positive as things can be

Think its already in the big Fleck thread.

Will you just get to fuck. Your moaning about spelling and about different people starting the match thread is absolutely pathetic. Why this bothers you, I have absolutely no idea....and your jealousy at other bears breaking stories is embarrassing. You clearly have problems, your urge to be the centre of attention, on an internet forum of all places, is laughable. Grow up boab (tu)

novo should take him under his wing. Imagine the raw talent of someone like Fleck given the attitude and application of Novo

Novo wont be here long enough.

Novo really should have distance himself from commenting on Fleck, and concern himself on trying to earn a new contract.

Will you just get to fuck. Your moaning about spelling and about different people starting the match thread is absolutely pathetic. Why this bothers you, I have absolutely no idea....and your jealousy at other bears breaking stories is embarrassing. You clearly have problems, your urge to be the centre of attention, on an internet forum of all places, is laughable. Grow up boab (tu)

Absolute BS, almost everything you said was wrong there.

Hope you enjoyed your rant tho (tu):)

Absolute BS, almost everything is wring there. Hope you enjoyed your rant tho (tu):)

:lol:

Absolute BS, almost everything is wring there. Hope you enjoyed your rant tho (tu):)

:lol:

:) 'Jealousy'...ridiculous.

:pipe:

:pipe:

I'm far too honest.

His point about the match thread was partially right, but it wasn't just me who was saying so.