Do you have any ideas on how to make the site better?

Canadaready

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A totally seperate section for Loyalist/Unionist/Protestant discussion would be superb CR if possible.

The history and traditions of our club are inextricably linked with the aforementioned views/beliefs and a seperate section where like minded folk could discuss these topics would cut down massively on the in-fighting we have at the moment regarding them.

Cheers (tu)

Here here, there are enough threads to make a section dedicated to it.

If you keep all the protestant/unionist/orange order/political posts in a dedicated section it would mean that the bears den could always be kept for the football.

I joined this site about a year ago. I have no idea about how it was founded, by who and why. I would like to see a bit about the history of the site and the people who came up with it. For respectful reasons only.

In other forums the quoting is is only allowed to be three deep. If this was put in place automatically it would cut some of your bandwidth and storage and also make threads easier to read. Scrolling threw the same posts only to get one new line, I feel is a waste of time.

I joined the sky sports fantasy football league. We have a dedicated Rangers media league set up by one of the members. How about doing what a lot of people do in work, people go a fiver a skull. All those who wanted could send £5 by pay pal to the Rangers media account. The site keeps £1 out of every £5 to help with the running costs of the site. The rest goes into the pot. The people who don't gamble/cant afford it can still play and compete. The money would be paid out to the top 3 finishers in the league that paid. Same could apply to the BBC predictor and so on.

Sorry forgot one. Few weeks ago there was a "lets all laugh at celtic thread" Could that be pinned somewhere so that all jokes, pics and stories could be kept for a laugh?

I would say try and keep thread merging to an absolute minimum.

The Boyd thread was a prime example. I'm not really wanting to read through hundreds of posts to see what is going on in a thread, when all I really want to do is post how I thought he got on in a game.

I think the shoutbox is another good idea. You get good banter on it in other forums, and it means some pointless threads in the Off Topic can be ruled out. Like 'How do I change my sig??' - Instead of making a thread this guy could just pop that into the shoutbox and get his question answered without cluttering the OT.

I think it would also be a good idea to try out a radio station. It sounds good to me, but I don't know how hard it would be to set up or how succesful it would be.

You could also try to make events in the Gaming forum. You can try and encourage people to all come together on one game on certain night, such as 'Fifa Monday' or 'COD Tuesday', and all play on this game. It improves banter among posters and is generally a good laugh to get involved in. It is just more organised gaming 2-3 times a week.

Oh good this debate again.

BP9 does the fact no one ever seems to back you on this arguement not answer your question. a lot of these threads don't interest me so here is what i do, now i know,this may seem a novel idea but stick with me, i don't post on them. Maybe you should try that.

You have been told by the mods they won't be getting moved so why go on and on and on and on about it....... their is a Pretty simple solution if you don't like the moderation on a MB......

He has been asked not to post in those types of thread before, but he relentlessly pursues his agenda of dissociating Rangers from Protestantism/Unionism/Loyalism.

Even guys who don't agree with the association at least accept that there is one, unfortunately BP9's recalcitrant stance on the subject seems to be at the root of these debates falling into arguments and bitching.

Bolton Loyal - I find this strange did I not see a post from YOU just a few minutes ago calling for such a section ?

A totally seperate section for Loyalist/Unionist/Protestant discussion would be superb CR if possible.

The history and traditions of our club are inextricably linked with the aforementioned views/beliefs and a seperate section where like minded folk could discuss these topics would cut down massively on the in-fighting we have at the moment regarding them.

Cheers (tu)

It seems we agree - it should be in a separate section!

Also it seems you (and the mods if what you say is true) dont want to debate this as I disagree - seems that the disagreement is not allowed if I follow your raional - nor am I the only one that thinks Rangers is about the football - and I have never denied the links in the past, I question their role in our future.

However this thread was about what would improve RM and it seeems we both agree that a separate section for Loyalist/Unionist/Protestant is a good idea - lol we are on the same side.

BP9, which part of the mods/admin have dicussed this issue and decided as a whole that it is preferable to have these discussions in the Bear's Den that you don't understand.

Give it a rest will you, if you want to discuss the rights and wrongs then start a thread in the debating chamber and leave your whinging of the board.

I thought this was a thread to discuss how to improve RM and it seems there at least 3 posters on this thread have agreed with me that their should be a separate section (although they have done so with different motivation) but am I not allowed to debate this in this thread ?

Now if these decisions have already been made and are set in stone why have a debate or is this just like a government consultation - we have made the decision and they will consult? Please let me know the list of proscribed suggestion I am allowed to discuss?

Every single thread you post in you raise the same old subject, and time and time again with regards to this ONE issue you have been told it has been decided that the conversations are more relevant in the BD. Any other ideas such as the excellent museum idea will be considered.

!Based on some other posts wasnt sure wether to leave quotes in or not for clarity)

Well as I see it there are at least 5 people on this thread who have suggested that there be a separate thread for the Loyalist/Unionist/Protestant stuff - are you having a go at them as well for posting the suggestion - it seems not? Seems a valid debate on this thread but obviously YOU have made YOUR decision and it must not be revisited!

Destroy the cliques :lol:

No but seriously it feels as if some members are intimidating at times and this really annoys me

Also everyone has to lay off Boab :lol:, He seems a decent enough guy and is a reliable source of information. I dont know what he did to make everyone hate him but sometimes it goes a little too far

!Based on some other posts wasnt sure wether to leave quotes in or not for clarity)

Well as I see it there are at least 5 people on this thread who have suggested that there be a separate thread for the Loyalist/Unionist/Protestant stuff - are you having a go at them as well for posting the suggestion - it seems not? Seems a valid debate on this thread but obviously YOU have made YOUR decision and it must not be revisited!

Which part of it was discussed by STAFF, as I said earlier, and as a whole the majority of topics are relevant for the Bear's Den, those that aren't (and they have been very few) have been moved to either off topic or the debating chamber, it was not an INDIVIDUALS decision.

I'd like to see txtspk textspeak banned.

And ban people who can't use "I" and use "a" instead for some unknown reason.

:angry: Don't get me started.

Were for where and vice versa.

There, their and they're - apostrophes generally.

We need:

IMG1208-1249908466.png

:angry: Don't get me started.

Were for where and vice versa.

There, their and they're - apostrophes generally.

We need:

Not everyone is good at English and shouldn't be criticisedf or that, even though I also hate text speak.

Stop people from pointing out obvious spelling mistakes! Allow text spk!

Ban the use of :craphead: or :pipe: (or any other pipe ecomotion) at the end of abusive staements as if by putting a pipe of some sort it makes it ok.

Ban the use of :craphead: or :pipe: (or any other pipe ecomotion) at the end of abusive staements as if by putting a pipe of some sort it makes it ok.

get tae fuck Peter :pipe:

I would say try and keep thread merging to an absolute minimum.

The Boyd thread was a prime example. I'm not really wanting to read through hundreds of posts to see what is going on in a thread, when all I really want to do is post how I thought he got on in a game.

I think the shoutbox is another good idea. You get good banter on it in other forums, and it means some pointless threads in the Off Topic can be ruled out. Like 'How do I change my sig??' - Instead of making a thread this guy could just pop that into the shoutbox and get his question answered without cluttering the OT.

I think it would also be a good idea to try out a radio station. It sounds good to me, but I don't know how hard it would be to set up or how succesful it would be.

You could also try to make events in the Gaming forum. You can try and encourage people to all come together on one game on certain night, such as 'Fifa Monday' or 'COD Tuesday', and all play on this game. It improves banter among posters and is generally a good laugh to get involved in. It is just more organised gaming 2-3 times a week.

i like the idea of agaming nite, only really applies to those with the same consoles tho' .. Doesn.t bring the entire board together but it is still a good idea and one i have suggested in the gaming section before.

I'd have a word with members who seem intent on correcting someone for the slightest spelling or grammar mistake. As long as you can understand the post, what is the problem?

I do agree that some forms of text speak should be banned though, but only the form that no-one understands.

No but seriously it feels as if some members are intimidating at times and this really annoys me

Also everyone has to lay off Boab :lol:, He seems a decent enough guy and is a reliable source of information. I dont know what he did to make everyone hate him but sometimes it goes a little too far

He grassed up a fellow fan for singing something and got him kicked out of Ibrox. Regardless of what you think is right or wrong on the subject of what we sing, grassing on a fan to a steward is cowardly and a disgrace. He deserves all he gets. That and he votes SNP...

He grassed up a fellow fan for singing something and got him kicked out of Ibrox. Regardless of what you think is right or wrong on the subject of what we sing, grassing on a fan to a steward is cowardly and a disgrace. He deserves all he gets. That and he votes SNP...

Any proof of this ?

get tae fuck Peter :pipe:

pmsl and raof while LOL! you 2 can take a running jump! :craphead:

have a BLUEDIGNITY section :sherlock:

BLUEDIGNITY Agony Aunt.

Distressed girl : "BD, my boyfriend is threatening to leave me, how can i make sure he is mine forever?"

BD: "well aw ye need tae dae hen is poke a couple of holes in the johnny and get urself pregnant, then u've got the boy by the bawz for life! either that or paralyse the bastard and stick him in yer basement :sherlock: "

Any proof of this ?

he made a thread about it himself :anguish: