David Edgar on changes at RFC Board

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After all that the stuff wae Frankie and the others, I'm just not interested in what the RST or David Edgar has to say any-more.

If that's short-sighted then so be it :)

Most of it stating the obvious but sometimes that is not always easy.

It was a shame the guy brought up the we deserve better stufff to show him up but he quickly moven on from that. On connected trust news it was funny stephen smith bemoaning the stalling of supporter representation in the sun today (i trust he wasn't actually interviewed by gerry duffy) when him and mr edgar were mostly to blame for that happening by ending there working relationship with the chairman by slandering him.

I look forward to our new chairman having a positive relationship with the Assembly and the supporter dialougue continuing with the club through that channel, it seems to be the only show in town.

I look forward to our new chairman having a positive relationship with the Assembly and the supporter dialougue continuing with the club through that channel, it seems to be the only show in town.

It's financed by Rangers therefore of course it's the only show, doesn't mean the show is a good one.

It was a shame the guy brought up the we deserve better stufff to show him up but he quickly moven on from that. On connected trust news it was funny stephen smith bemoaning the stalling of supporter representation in the sun today (i trust he wasn't actually interviewed by gerry duffy) when him and mr edgar were mostly to blame for that happening by ending there working relationship with the chairman by slandering him.

It's funny that he still met with us several times after that and said that supporter representation was still on the table. Strange. As for the Assembly, as soon as they become self-financing and stop taking funding, tickets and hospitality from the Club they might become credible with the wider support.

It's financed by Rangers therefore of course it's the only show, doesn't mean the show is a good one.

I am glad the clu take supporters representation so seriously they are willing to fund it, not many clubs will do that and looking at the majority of the people involved i think it is a fairly good show

It's funny that he still met with us several times after that and said that supporter representation was still on the table. Strange. As for the Assembly, as soon as they become self-financing and stop taking funding, tickets and hospitality from the Club they might become credible with the wider support.

Wider support or you and your ever diminishing band in the rst ? When will you regain your credability after calling our chairman an asset stripper and laughing at the clubs misfortune with a serial rangers hater like ewan cameron ? I presume gerry duffy lifted those quotes and didn't interview stephen smith ?

The representation is still on the table but we all know it will be throught he assembly, not a chance it will be any other way. Maybe if you stopped taking petty public swipes at the assembly they would let you get more involved.

Wider support or you and your ever diminishing band in the rst ? When will you regain your credability after calling our chairman an asset stripper and laughing at the clubs misfortune with a serial rangers hater like ewan cameron ? I presume gerry duffy lifted those quotes and didn't interview stephen smith ?

The representation is still on the table but we all know it will be throught he assembly, not a chance it will be any other way. Maybe if you stopped taking petty public swipes at the assembly they would let you get more involved.

I'm not taking petty swipes. We are part of the Assembly as I'm sure you know. I have a major problem with the funding the Assembly gets from the Club (and ultimately from us as a support) and the way it is used. Many on the Assembly committee are RST members. The RST is the only organisation that has campaigned for supporters representation but why should it come from the Assembly. Shouldn't season ticket holders and shareholders have a say? This is pretty much what we said to the Club but maybe they couldn't then control what happened rather than go for a democratic vote.

You are taking petty swipes, insinuating they can't be impartial if you are part of the assembly. Even though, as you say, senior members of your orginisation sit on the board, should we not trust them. Do you say such things at assembly meetings ? Why have you never resigned in disgust from the assembly ?

Many of the assembly members probably will be/have been RST memebrs, most of us have been at one time and another, me included, but most now just feel let down by the trust

As an aside your boss (or whatever his title is in the trust) used to be fond of a bit of free hospitality from the club but seemed to fall out with them when they removed his press pass (funny that) , is that why the trust grudge the assembly any perks that come there way ?

I must be barking up the wrong tree with the gerry duffy thing, he must have lifted the quotes as surely you wouldn't speak to a journalist who makes a living out of running our club into the ground in the most ridiculous manner......surely.......put me out my misery, tell me it was just a press release and not an interview (no lying though as i can easily check).

The RST is the only organisation that has campaigned for supporters representation but why should it come from the Assembly. Shouldn't season ticket holders and shareholders have a say? This is pretty much what we said to the Club but maybe they couldn't then control what happened rather than go for a democratic vote.

Still the quest for a seat on the board goes on I see, why? You have supporter representation, it's called voting with your feet. Amass a membership large enough to follow your campaign then act on it. Simples.

The RST is the only organisation that has campaigned for supporters representation but why should it come from the Assembly. Shouldn't season ticket holders and shareholders have a say? This is pretty much what we said to the Club but maybe they couldn't then control what happened rather than go for a democratic vote.

Still the quest for a seat on the board goes on I see, why? You have supporter representation, it's called voting with your feet. Amass a membership large enough to follow your campaign then act on it. Simples.

I see an early flaw in the plan.... ;)

You are taking petty swipes, insinuating they can't be impartial if you are part of the assembly. Even though, as you say, senior members of your orginisation sit on the board, should we not trust them. Do you say such things at assembly meetings ? Why have you never resigned in disgust from the assembly ?

Many of the assembly members probably will be/have been RST memebrs, most of us have been at one time and another, me included, but most now just feel let down by the trust

As an aside your boss (or whatever his title is in the trust) used to be fond of a bit of free hospitality from the club but seemed to fall out with them when they removed his press pass (funny that) , is that why the trust grudge the assembly any perks that come there way ?

I must be barking up the wrong tree with the gerry duffy thing, he must have lifted the quotes as surely you wouldn't speak to a journalist who makes a living out of running our club into the ground in the most ridiculous manner......surely.......put me out my misery, tell me it was just a press release and not an interview (no lying though as i can easily check).

Your true colours are really starting to emerge. I'm saying you can't be impartial when your funding comes from the Club. I brought up that very subject at a recent fans forum held by the Assembly. I did not say at any time that any member of the Assembly was not to be trusted, stop trying to put words into my mouth. :rolleyes: My boss actually works for a local authority. If you are talking about the RST, I have no boss but I see where you are going. I don't believe than any fans organisation should be taking perks from the Club. As RST Treasurer, I know that individuals concerned have made donations to charity when this has happened in the past. It seems that you are trying to discredit a Board nember. Were you banned from FF and are bitter about it?

Are you suggesting we stop following the team?

Not at all, what I am saying is the RST is now unviable for any board seat when it can't amass a membership enough to be interested in what it has to say anymore.

To prove me wrong, quote your most recent membership figure, you are the Treasurer you should have that at hand.

Your true colours are really starting to emerge. I'm saying you can't be impartial when your funding comes from the Club. I brought up that very subject at a recent fans forum held by the Assembly. I did not say at any time that any member of the Assembly was not to be trusted, stop trying to put words into my mouth. :rolleyes: My boss actually works for a local authority. If you are talking about the RST, I have no boss but I see where you are going. I don't believe than any fans organisation should be taking perks from the Club. As RST Treasurer, I know that individuals concerned have made donations to charity when this has happened in the past. It seems that you are trying to discredit a Board nember. Were you banned from FF and are bitter about it?

I ain't trying to discredit anyone, unlike your attack on the assembly (that rather bizzarely you are part of) i am merely pointing out a possible contradiction in the rst's stance on this hospitality that rankles you so. Dress it up any way you want but you are questioning there impartiality.

As RST Treasurer, I know that individuals concerned have made donations to charity when this has happened in the past

So you are saying you have accepted hospitality from the club, what's the difference (charity donation or not) in RST guys accepting it and assembly guys accepting it ?

Why do you keep ignoring me concerning Gerry Duffy, you do realise it's making you look a bit daft. Are the RST giving interviews to Gerry Duffy, a yes or no will suffice, surely it can't be a secret it was in the sun today FFS.............

Not at all, what I am saying is the RST is now unviable for any board seat when it can't amass a membership enough to be interested in what it has to say anymore.

To prove me wrong, quote your most recent membership figure, you are the Treasurer you should have that at hand.

don't start that again as last time it started she refunded a guys lifetime membership instead of telling him.....

Good interview by David Edgar. Agree with the vast majority of what he said.

Near the end the interviewer asked 'would you worry if SDM sold his shareholding?'

What a benile question. Of course he would. You would be worried and hopefull for new things. Who writes these questions?