David Edgar on changes at RFC Board

If the make it policy I will have my dosh back :craphead::clap::uk:

It's not a policy.

It was simply a misuse of the word 'refund'.

Wicked man ;)

I'd be delighted to provide details of the deal if anyone finds that the RST can't find it in their records. However, I'm sure they'll take an even handed approach and extend the same refund to anyone who ask - at least to anyone who asks to know how many members they have. :D

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was MY life membership. Rather than reveal how many members the RST has, Cooperonthewing, in her RST capacity, invited me to accept a refund of my membership fee rather than answer my question about RST membership. That my friends is the true nature of this opaque group trying and failing to run OUR Supporters Trust. Which is why I accepted and received £100 refunded life membership. Now that the RST has set this precedent, perhaps other life members can assume they have the same right to withdraw their membership if they wish - and receive their fees back as I did.

To be fair, it was probably the best £100 they have ever spent. :D

That was MY life membership. Rather than reveal how many members the RST has, Cooperonthewing, in her RST capacity, invited me to accept a refund of my membership fee rather than answer my question about RST membership. That my friends is the true nature of this opaque group trying and failing to run OUR Supporters Trust. Which is why I accepted and received £100 refunded life membership. Now that the RST has set this precedent, perhaps other life members can assume they have the same right to withdraw their membership if they wish - and receive their fees back as I did.

You might well think that but I couldn't possibly comment. :D

To be fair to them though, they paid it all back in one go.... which can't have been easy. The RST membership information must be a precious secret indeed.

why are we bickering like fuckin man and wife on here,are we not a support a fan base and indeed a union, step back guys and take a look at

yourselves..

we all have differing opinions in all things life,,except OUR team we ALL support,,lets all just agree to disagree in a nice fuckin way ,instead of clearly causing divisions...do we really want to hate our own fans that we stand shoulder to shoulder with..

you may not like what other fans say but at the end of the day we all meet at the same point,that point being SUPPORTING GLASGOW RANGERS.

Ahh the old Armchair 'managers'. Geez peace RST.

To the RST....

You have lost the plot.... WE don't own Rangers. The Majority shareholder does. Just because millions of folk have accounts in Barclay's doesn't mean the OWN the fucking bank? N'Est ce pas?

RST = Overrated bunch of elitists imho... And.... My mate told me of a soon to be investigation into a member there. Seriously. Money exchanged via the council to get a construction job.

No respect at all for them.

To the RST....

You have lost the plot.... WE don't own Rangers. The Majority shareholder does. Just because millions of folk have accounts in Barclay's doesn't mean the OWN the fucking bank? N'Est ce pas?

RST = Overrated bunch of elitists imho... And.... My mate told me of a soon to be investigation into a member there. Seriously. Money exchanged via the council to get a construction job.

(tu)(tu)(tu)

Cooperonthewing seems to have given up......i hope this isn't so serious that sam newton has to come to help dig her out her freshly dug hole.......

I close my eyes and see the lid off the shoebox and the fivers getting counted. Did I hear an "Oh shit"?

look dont take this personally but fuck the rst and fuck the other mob,(ok maybe i support the rst cause i dont know who the other mob are shhh)but i am my own man i can think and indeed make decisions for myself,i have chosen,well born with the option of supporting glasgow rangers or glasgow rangers .

we all support the same club so fuck the divide....im a thistle fan

Cooperonthewing seems to have given up......i hope this isn't so serious that sam newton has to come to help dig her out her freshly dug hole.......

I dont know much about what has gone on, but i admire Cooperonthewing as she fights her corner with all the flak that she takes. :)

I dont know much about what has gone on, but i admire Cooperonthewing as she fights her corner with all the flak that she takes. :)

I am sure she will be touched by your admiration.

i am sure a lot of us would admire her more if she didn't feel the need to suggest memebers of the assembly were dishonest but we can't have everything

Look forward to hearing the progress report Frankie.

Maybe cooperonthewing could answer this when she returns because i haven't heard anything form them on the subject, did the trust read the STS report, if so what were there thoughts on the various articles published ?

Some of us have read it, I can't speak for the whole Board. I can only give you my own views. I thought it was well written and well presented. Apart from one or two articles, I think most of the points and ideas have already been made to the Club in terms of areas where we need to improve and how we could do it. If the Club takes it on board, fine by me. I'm happy with anything that will improve things for the Club and the fans, regardless of where it comes from. History has shown, however, that they have never been very interested in the past but maybe under a new Chairman things will be different.

I haven't attacked the Assembly. I am questioning their impartiality when various things are funded by the Club. I haven't personally accepted hospitality from the Club. I was offered it 2 weeks ago and declined because I was working in the RST shop in the WRC that day. The difference is that the RST guys have paid for what they got, albeit to charity. Can the others say the same?

Jesus, you really can't see the contradiction in what you have just typed, are you serious...... :lol:

Saying someone is accepting freebies so can't be impartial is accusing them of being dishonest, do the Assembly board members know that is how the trust treasurer speaks about them on MB's ? Do you call them dishonest when you sit at the assembly board meetings ?

What difference does apparent donations to charity make if you accept freebies from the club. how would that affect you being impartial or not ? You do the exact same thing as the assembly only you give a fiver to charity to take some sort of false moral highground.

to get this straight the trust, who claims to stick up for the fans in the media, are best chums with real radio, who have a history of lying about our club on air and gerry effing duffy, who , rangers fan or not, has written more anti rangers fluff pieces for the sun than any other journalist. Having read various Stephen Smith rants over the years to call him a hypocrite on this issue would be an understatement. Will you speak to anyone as long as you get your mugs in the gutter press ? What next a trust hour long special on radio clyde ? Maybe Gerry mcnee could come out of retirement and do expose on the assemblys hospitality shame.......

The trusts hypocrisy makes me laugh and thank god you are here to highlight to everyone in this exchange......

I am merely giving my own opinion that the Assembly will never be perceived as impartial whilst it receives funding from the club. I put that very point to the Assembly president only a couple of weeks ago and he agreed with me. People on this forum were there to witness this. If you are trying to imply that I am calling people like Andy Kerr and Ross Blyth dishonest then you really are wide of the mark. Both are really good Rangers supporters and I would never disrespect them in this way. Give me one example over the last five years where the Assembly has come out and criticised the Club, except Jim Templeton after he had resigned his position. The Assembly could be self-financing if all its' members paid £1 a year. As it stands it can't bite off the hand that feeds them.

Accepting hospitality, match tickets and expenses is something for individuals and their conscience. I personally do not agree with it but if individuals choose to accept that is up to them.

As for you comments on the media to say we are 'best friends' with anyone is misleading at best. Will you also criticise the Club for talking to the very people you say the Trust talks to?

To the RST....

My mate told me that you are a 'member' too. Albeit not of the Trust. :rolleyes:

I am merely giving my own opinion that the Assembly will never be perceived as impartial whilst it receives funding from the club. I put that very point to the Assembly president only a couple of weeks ago and he agreed with me. People on this forum were there to witness this. If you are trying to imply that I am calling people like Andy Kerr and Ross Blyth dishonest then you really are wide of the mark. Both are really good Rangers supporters and I would never disrespect them in this way. Give me one example over the last five years where the Assembly has come out and criticised the Club, except Jim Templeton after he had resigned his position. The Assembly could be self-financing if all its' members paid £1 a year. As it stands it can't bite off the hand that feeds them.

Accepting hospitality, match tickets and expenses is something for individuals and their conscience. I personally do not agree with it but if individuals choose to accept that is up to them.

As for you comments on the media to say we are 'best friends' with anyone is misleading at best. Will you also criticise the Club for talking to the very people you say the Trust talks to?

Saying someone can't be impartial is implying they are being dishonest however you dress it up.

Are you saying the assembly has never said anything critical to the club behind the scenes ? Maybe you should have a think about how you conduct your business as opposed to the assembly. Instead of being media whores happy to jump into bed with rangers hating journalists to get your gripe across, or maybe have a laugh and a joke at one of our most humiliating European exits, then maybe you should try doing more behind the scenes. If you had done that Then maybe you wouldn't have been marginalised to the point all you actually now do is play a bit part in the assembly when it comes to communicating with, and putting ideas to, the club.

Just out of interest on the hospitality have you ever raised this at a trust AGM that people shouldn't be accepting these tickets and tried to pass a motion for this not to be allowed? Just so you can also stay impartial and not look like massive hypocrites......Maybe something you can consider.....

The club have never lied and boasted they are the only people who defend Rangers in the press, when they are actually giving interviews to the very same press men they are apparently defending us against so I don't think your point is relevant. Do you want me to list some of the anti Rangers stories Gerry Duffy has put his name to ? Surely you should be refusing to speak to someone like that whoever you claim he supports?

"best friends " is obviously a turn of phrase, the way things are going you could soon end up friendless.....

Look forward to hearing the progress report Frankie.

Maybe cooperonthewing could answer this when she returns because i haven't heard anything form them on the subject, did the trust read the STS report, if so what were there thoughts on the various articles published ?

Some of us have read it, I can't speak for the whole Board. I can only give you my own views. I thought it was well written and well presented. Apart from one or two articles, I think most of the points and ideas have already been made to the Club in terms of areas where we need to improve and how we could do it. If the Club takes it on board, fine by me. I'm happy with anything that will improve things for the Club and the fans, regardless of where it comes from. History has shown, however, that they have never been very interested in the past but maybe under a new Chairman things will be different.

I am glad to hear that you fully back the STS report, good stuff..... (tu)

To the RST....

My mate told me that you are a 'member' too. Albeit not of the Trust. :rolleyes:

Christine,

Now that you've sorted out your policies, how many currently-paid-up members does the RST have?

You might well think that but I couldn't possibly comment. :D

To be fair to them though, they paid it all back in one go.... which can't have been easy. The RST membership information must be a precious secret indeed.

Was it you they gave the £100 back to after the discussion on here, if not you are at leats the 2nd person to have bene refunded for questioning the membership numbers.

How bizzare...... <cr>

Every thread relating to the merits (or otherwise), function, strategy, delivery etc of the RST follows the same pattern on here. Sooner or later the same few people pop up and start it off by chucking a few barbed comments, goading cooperonthewing.

It ends up with a fascinating 4 pages but the impression you always get is that some people really, really don't like the Trust at all and are more than happy to type long posts chucking muck and nitpicking.

Some other critics have a much more conciliatory tone, whilst still retaining his right to take a position. This is far more constructive approach which will hopefully get Rangers somewhere some day. I believe the STS initiative is inspired and underwritten by this philosophy.

If anyone has a personal agenda, then go ahead and say what it is.

Club ownership is a hot topic of conversation right now and it is a vital issue for Rangers. The debates would be more valuable if they were about what the RST does and what it can do better. Or what alternatives there are. And why they are better. Oh, and by "criticism", I mean constructive criticism and plausible ideas :D

you always get is that some people really, really don't like the Trust at all and are more than happy to type long posts chucking muck and nitpicking.

Two way street though. I don't think its entirely one sided or set up in that fashion. People just discuss from opposing ends.

The debates would be more valuable if they were about what the RST does and what it can do better. Or what alternatives there are. And why they are better. Oh, and by "criticism", I mean constructive criticism and plausible ideas :D

You make some valid enough points mate but, IMHO, the RST are not doing enough to invite the constructive criticism or suggestions you mention. That's why people often get frustrated to the point of filling threads with the same arguments.

The Trust board don't go beyond FF for online debate (and we all know debate there is often censured) and they have ignored requests to get involved in the initiative you mentioned in your post for reasons best known to themselves. Sure, some of the issues within it may have been raised previously by the Trust over two years ago but there appears to be a distinct lack of appetite within that organisation to revisit these points constructively in the manner the STS report has done. That of course is their prerogative but it hardly helps their image on forums outwith FF when they refuse to work with others.

Of course the STS project is far from perfect itself and admits so within it including listing any inherent problems mentioned about each issue. That's why we opened the debate up to others (including the fan organisations and other websites) to invite further debate to refine and improve its content. Fortunately steps have been taken in that regard (STS update tomorrow I promise) to ensure that when people do want to offer something, they are listened to and their opinion acted upon.

Perhaps if the RST did something similar as we've urged the Assembly (for one) to do, their credibility/membership would increase once more. Unfortunately, all the signs are that they'd rather oppose strategies that could actually help achieve their aims and recent campaigns. That doesn't make sense and that's why the subsequent criticism is often on the strong side from some. What results is continued division instead of unity. That fails us all....

To be clear, this isn't about one organisation, one initiative or one person. This is about supporters working together as best we can to improve our club while examining our own faults. We do deserve better but we can't sit about and expect others to deliver for us if they've already shown they're not interested. If the club won't do the hard work, then we need to. I'm one supporter who thinks that is possible and that we can put the club under pressure due to well researched, well intentioned and workable debate.