Rangers pair off to Oxford on loan until January

pcbear

I just realised that Oxford are not even in the league set up, if they are not stand outs in the conference weekly they will have no chance of cutting it at Ibrox, on a plus when they play Ebbsfleet United i will pop along and post a progress report.

Anybody remember a guy called Curtis Davis we were linked with a fair time ago? Birmingham,Sheffield Utd player, he ended up in the conference after he quit football to become a boxer, he came back into football with a team i cant remember and he played v Ebbsfleet and even then was head and shoulders above anyone on the park, so its a bit rough and tumble and will at least toughen them up.

Just had a look at Ebbsfleets fixtures they play Oxford at home on September 5th, next Saturday, i will take myself down for a look.

Oxford keen to build Rangers ties

Oxford United boss Chris Wilder hopes the arrival of two loan players from Rangers signifies the start of an on-going relationship between the clubs.

Ross Perry and Steven Kinniburgh have both agreed four-month loan moves to the Kassam Stadium.

The U's boss told BBC Oxford: "We are looking to forge a connection there with young players coming down here in the future.

"Hopefully it [the link-up] will be a long-term relationship."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...utd/8226498.stm

BLUE SQUARE Premier club Oxford United have signed Rangers` youngsters Ross Perry and Steven Kinniburgh on loan until January.

The defensive duo have played in recent Reserve friendlies and impressed United boss Chris Wilder when Oxford came to Murray Park in the summer.

Steven Kinniburgh and Ross PerryCentre back Perry, 19, has been called into the Scotland under-21 squad for their European Championship qualifier in Austria next week while attacking left-back Kinniburgh, 20, has undoubted potential.

Perry said: "Obviously we are here to try and improve ourselves, but not just that - we are here to do a job for Oxford.

"There is only so much you can do at reserve team level in Scotland.

"I need to be playing in front of a crowd and myself and Steven are delighted to be given this opportunity.

"If Oxford feel we are a valuable addition to the squad then great.

"We are here to try and push them on in the league as well as improve ourselves."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ac...1780519,00.html

Hopefully they get the 1st team football they are looking for.

Only thing i disagree with... If Kinniburgh has this so called undoubted potential at 20, and still can't get a game for us then it's time to move him on.