Tunisia

Kaiser52

Just back from a week a week in Tunisia and I couldnt believe the reaction I received when I was wearing my top, there was 4 wokers in the hotel who had last seasons top! this seasons top is unavailable to them???? and they were offering me all the gold they had in exchange for the new one! and again it struck home! wilst Tunisia and Algeria may not be the richest of countries in the world again the marketing and the business decisions shown by our club are brutal! we cld be making a fortune and gaining a bigger and bigger fanbase by the day over there and even sending out a second string for the odd friendly to again increase our support but will bain think of this????

Whether some of you like or want to admit it, last years shenanigans in Manchester impressed an awful lot of foreign fans. They had been looking at British clubs fans with contempt due to the change in supporters behaviour. Rangers showed that we still take no shit from anyone, and that is what impressed the North Africans & others (it certainly wasn't our stylish football that drew them to us).

We are probably the only British club that commands any respect from the countries where the game is still a hotbed of passion. Like it or not, standing up to the GMP bastards won us fans all over the world.

Whether some of you like or want to admit it, last years shenanigans in Manchester impressed an awful lot of foreign fans. They had been looking at British clubs fans with contempt due to the change in supporters behaviour. Rangers showed that we still take no shit from anyone, and that is what impressed the North Africans & others (it certainly wasn't our stylish football that drew them to us).

We are probably the only British club that commands any respect from the countries where the game is still a hotbed of passion. Like it or not, standing up to the GMP bastards won us fans all over the world.

I hope we aren't surpassed in this by West Ham and Millwall then :anguish:

Unlikely.....we had about 300 000 people in Manchester, that won't have gone un-noticed, and the way it was reported,Ahmed Foreigner probably thinks EVERY Rangers fan is up for a battle. In these countries, the fans still kick off regularly. They look at Britain with disdain.....not The Rangers though.

Unlikely.....we had about 300 000 people in Manchester, that won't have gone un-noticed, and the way it was reported,Ahmed Foreigner probably thinks EVERY Rangers fan is up for a battle. In these countries, the fans still kick off regularly. They look at Britain with disdain.....not The Rangers though.

Youre right WVB we aren't like the tims who seek for everyone to like us we however demand respect

That's bullsh*t tbh. When I was in Tunisia 4 years ago they were offering me money for my current Rangers top. What attracted them to us at that time was Hamed Namouchi.

That's bullsh*t tbh. When I was in Tunisia 4 years ago they were offering me money for my current Rangers top. What attracted them to us at that time was Hamed Namouchi.

Well, thats me told then. :rolleyes:

and they were offering me all the gold they had in exchange for the new one!

How much did you get? :rolleyes:

On a serious note, it is amazing how much untapped potential there is throughout the world.

Swapped it for a Tunisian top as I felt moraly obliged to be seen as an ambasidor for the club and just to be nice and as I can get one today or tomorrow and the guy ( Raziq ) cant it was nice to be nice wilst spreading the word of our great club!

As for WVB I dnt think Manchester helped in any way however I think there is a hatred towards the tims over in North Africa due to their support for certain terorist networks and they seem to be well educated in these matters!