Meeting your heroes

papaguy51

On my way back from Glasgow Airport there (dropping off a mate), I decided to pop into the Superstore to get the Rangers Heritage polo shirt that someone posted on here a few months back.

To my amazement, on the return to my car (parked next to the players' cars), the whole squad were just arriving at their cars after getting off the bus.

How much of a dick am I for leaving my phone in the house?! :(

The players were superb, all up for a chat even though they were absolutely done in. Naismith, Coisty and Alexander were right next to me and were happy to sit and talk for a few minutes.

I managed to find out that;

- The management were absolutely delighted with the 2nd half performance.

- Naisy was limping a bit, but it's nothing too bad. Picked up a bit of a calf knock in that tackle with Boka in the last few mintues after he had his shot saved, but should be fine for Killie.

- Big Davie should also be back for Killie.

So there's some early team news for you.

I always thought that you were meant to be disappointed when you meet your heroes, but this group of players are a credit to the Rangers shirt (tu)

Good stuff mate....its always nice to meet them...

You always wonder what you would say and you would be raging if they acted lick dicks to a fan....

Nice cars i bet?

Coisty has a lovely Land Rover, he was the one parked directly in front of me and that's where I was talking to him, Naisy and Alexander.

Big Neil :praise:

What a guy he is. Still seems as enthusiastic as ever, feel really sorry for the guy but he's an absolute class act on and off the park.

In his heart he prob knows thats shagger will be number 1 all the time...as you say, fair paly to him... seen his house by the way...fucking cracker...my mate done a bit of work on his garden wall...

Off subject - you must be luck to get parked at that fucking airport...pure disaster is glasgow airport!!!

On my way back from Glasgow Airport there (dropping off a mate), I decided to pop into the Superstore to get the Rangers Heritage polo shirt that someone posted on here a few months back.

To my amazement, on the return to my car (parked next to the players' cars), the whole squad were just arriving at their cars after getting off the bus.

How much of a dick am I for leaving my phone in the house?! :(

The players were superb, all up for a chat even though they were absolutely done in. Naismith, Coisty and Alexander were right next to me and were happy to sit and talk for a few minutes.

I managed to find out that;

- The management were absolutely delighted with the 2nd half performance.

- Naisy was limping a bit, but it's nothing too bad. Picked up a bit of a calf knock in that tackle with Boka in the last few mintues after he had his shot saved, but should be fine for Killie.

- Big Davie should also be back for Killie.

So there's some early team news for you.

I always thought that you were meant to be disappointed when you meet your heroes, but this group of players are a credit to the Rangers shirt (tu)

FANTASTIC! I am so jealous he he

When I was standing in the paper shop at the Airport on Wednesday morning I got a wee tap on the shoulder.

"Howz it goin son?"

Colin Stein, my hero, on his way to Tenerife with his wife!!!!!

The strange bit of our conversation was when we were talking about the teams flying out together from Glasgow and he said he saw it on the news, Greigy and big McNeil huggin each other.

"2 legends together" he said!

He's the fukcin Legend!

Anyobody else notice him?

I remember when we played Ross County in 2001 the bus went past us in Dingwall. My father and I went mental waving and giving them thumbs-ups, etc.

All the players looked at us with bored apathy. All except one; Bob Malcolm. His slight 'alright?' hand gesture will treasured forever.

I can see why you feel sorry for Alexander, but another way to think about it is that he's won the league with the greatest Scottish club, and played a massive part in taking us to a European final, even if it did end badly.

Either way sounds like a great experience, and I would probably kill to meet Super Ally!

I can see why you feel sorry for Alexander, but another way to think about it is that he's won the league with the greatest Scottish club, and played a massive part in taking us to a European final, even if it did end badly.

Either way sounds like a great experience, and I would probably kill to meet Super Ally!

Alexander seems quite introverted, maybe that's counting against him in a battle with McGregor.

Nice to hear!!!

Who ever goes out without there phone though!!!!!!!!! doh

I know mate.

Was out all night on the Wednesday and forgot to charge my phone when I got in pished out my nut at 3am, so it was stone dead when my maw woke me up at 10am.

Shouldn't even have been driving!

In terms of PR, Walter and Ally are the perfect duo. Walter conducts himself and represents Rangers with great dignity in the media and with other teams. Whereas super is more the fans link with management; he loves the fans and the fans love him. What a team :praise: