Walter says no youngsters will be in the team vs QoS

nvager

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the whole our youngsters are nowhere near good enough to play in the SPL so walter is 100% correct in not playing them but for a meaningless trinket like this i would be happy to see fringe players and u21's playing all the way to the final......

Sadly our youth , with maybe one or two possible exceptions isn't of the standard we need for even the spl at this time

How do you know they're not good enough?

Because the best of them is currently nowhere near it.......

What makes you think any of them are better than our first team squad ?

Fleck isn't really being played in his ideal position for us to know this so I see this as being unfair on our promising youth.......

I certainly think if Danny Wilson, highly rated as he is, if he isn't better than Lee McCulloch then he should be released at hisage. Also from ehat I've seen, I'd rate him higher than Broadfoot centrally.

I'd also happily have Ness in for McCulloch in central or any other usual first team starter, happy for Wylde in for Papac or at left midfield,

Its not totally a case of being better but being happy to see them being given a chance but also a view that some actually are better in some's opinion.

As I said earlier, I'd be keen to see a mixture but Doc is spot on with his post.

You all live in a dream world with the current youngster we have been talking about them for years and nothing happens they are not good enough there is no good young players in Scotland its a figment of your imagination or better your ignorance or delusion

You all live in a dream world with the current youngster we have been talking about them for years and nothing happens they are not good enough there is no good young players in Scotland its a figment of your imagination or better your ignorance or delusion

There are no good young players in Scotland?

Okay :rolleyes:

Fleck isn't really being played in his ideal position for us to know this so I see this as being unfair on our promising youth.......

I certainly think if Danny Wilson, highly rated as he is, if he isn't better than Lee McCulloch then he should be released at hisage. Also from ehat I've seen, I'd rate him higher than Broadfoot centrally.

I'd also happily have Ness in for McCulloch in central or any other usual first team starter, happy for Wylde in for Papac or at left midfield,

Its not totally a case of being better but being happy to see them being given a chance but also a view that some actually are better in some's opinion.

As I said earlier, I'd be keen to see a mixture but Doc is spot on with his post.

Why can’t he play on the left hand side of a three man midfield ? He isn’t being asked to play as a winger. This is not the reason or even an excuse for his performances.

I have plenty of time and patience for fleck to come on but lets not over hype him, so far, in the majority of games, he ahs not been good enough for the SPL. I would have him playing this evening though.

If Wilson isn't better than lee mcculloch at 17 he should be released ? that’s just a lot of pish boab. Mcculloch has played at the highest level of club football, the premiership, and is an experienced internationalist and you think a 17 year old should be a better player than him, crazy talk.

Players should play because they improve the team not to fill some imaginary quota of youth players. If the guys who actually coach the youths think fleck is well ahead of most of his team mates and he can’t improve the team currently why do you think any of these guys are in the position to do so ?

Walter needs to manage the team for real not just pontificate about it on a MB and for me he is handling the youths in the right way, if he dropped papac, Naismith and mcculloch for these young guys and we got beaten he would get slaughtered. Dropping a dependable left back for an untried youngster must be amongst the daftest suggestions I have heard in a long time.

Outside Wilson and fleck I would be stunned if any of our youths actually make it at rangers but that won’t be because of the manager it will be because they aren’t good enough to displace who is currently in the team.

As I said give the youths a run out tonight they should be good enough for beating QOTS at ibrox but the SPL is not a place to experiment

They are 3rd and 4th rate and will never advance to bigger leagues thats what I mean

We are 25 yrs behind the rest of the world

I can see his point, a cup game is different than the SPL and wont be a great way to tell who will perform in the league, on the other hand I think most would agree that the cups are not a necessity in the grand scheme of things so maybe he should save some 1st team players for bigger games.

They are 3rd and 4th rate and will never advance to bigger leagues thats what I mean

Shut up.

As soon as you said 'there is no good young players in Scotland', any credibility you had in this argument dissolved.

Two words for you:

Big.

Lee.

The same big lee who was getting his praises sung for his start to the season at defensive mid..... :rolleyes:

Just as the ability of our youths are talked up on here the contribution of guys like mcculloch is always talked down....

If Wilson isn't better than lee mcculloch at 17 he should be released ? that’s just a lot of pish boab. Mcculloch has played at the highest level of club football, the premiership, and is an experienced internationalist and you think a 17 year old should be a better player than him, crazy talk.

I'd have major worries about Danny Wilson if he wasn't at LEAST as good as someone who has only played centreback six or seven times in their career, even at the age of 17.

But he is a good centreback, much more natural than McCulloch from what I've seen. He'd walk it against QOTS.

Shut up.

As soon as you said 'there is no good young players in Scotland', any credibility you had in this argument dissolved.

Shut it and name them you ignorant piece of puss

I'd have major worries about Danny Wilson if he wasn't at LEAST as good as someone who has only played centreback six or seven times in their career, even at the age of 17.

But he is a good centreback, much more natural than McCulloch from what I've seen. He'd walk it against QOTS.

Good at his level accepted but better than established SPL player at 17 i doubt it.....

I would play him tonight and he will probably go on to be a far better C/H than mcculloch but i seriously doubt he is there yet. Very rare for a 17 year old to start playing at the top level and look a stand out, it naturally takes time to bed in....

Two words for you:

Big.

Lee.

The same big lee who was getting his praises sung for his start to the season at defensive mid..... :rolleyes:

Just as the ability of our youths are talked up on here the contribution of guys like mcculloch is always talked down....

McCulloch:

Can't pass. Can't tackle. Gives away too many fouls. Too slow. A judgement based on the evidence of seeing him this season, and last season.

Now I don't see the problem will blooding Wilson in place of Big Lee. We are clearly woefully short in that position, so new blood is necessary.

I agree that our youth output has been hopeless compared with some other clubs, but when we do appear to have a gem - as Wilson was once talked of, they deserve to be given a chance.

Fleck was given a chance and he's done ok. I'd try Wilson tonight.

Why can’t he play on the left hand side of a three man midfield ? He isn’t being asked to play as a winger. This is not the reason or even an excuse for his performances.

I have plenty of time and patience for fleck to come on but lets not over hype him, so far, in the majority of games, he ahs not been good enough for the SPL. I would have him playing this evening though.

Players should play because they improve the team not to fill some imaginary quota of youth players. If the guys who actually coach the youths think fleck is well ahead of most of his team mates and he can’t improve the team currently why do you think any of these guys are in the position to do so ?

Walter needs to manage the team for real not just pontificate about it on a MB and for me he is handling the youths in the right way, if he dropped papac, Naismith and mcculloch for these young guys and we got beaten he would get slaughtered. Dropping a dependable left back for an untried youngster must be amongst the daftest suggestions I have heard in a long time.

Outside Wilson and fleck I would be stunned if any of our youths actually make it at rangers but that won’t be because of the manager it will be because they aren’t good enough to displace who is currently in the team.

As I said give the youths a run out tonight they should be good enough for beating QOTS at ibrox but the SPL is not a place to experiment

I didn't say he couldn't but its certaibnly not ideal.

I'd call La Liga the best Club League in the World but thats a quibble and disagree over it being pish as I think this is pretty fair.

It almost sounds to me as you'd rather just scrap the Under 1s as they won't make it anyway.

Many big clubs are happy to give their potential a game in Cup games.

"We will make a couple of changes for the game but they won’t be wholesale because we don’t have that big a squad in the first place,” said Smith, who lost a team of fringe men – plus a deposed captain – in the summer. “We won’t be bringing in any younger players; the first-team players we have available we will use."

So it is the same old Walter, who has never been interested in a youth system, has always ignored his youth coaches and the clubs young players. He throws money to buy young players from inferior clubs but will not take the chance on those who have come through our system even though his cronies are now running our system.

We will never find out whether any of our younger players could make with the club unless they get a chance in a competitive game. Remember the state of the team(or lack of it) when he left first time around with hardly any experienced players and few younger players with first team experience.

Spot on Doc !!

What's the point of having Murray Park if our dinosaur of a manager is going to ignore the players coming through the system?

We have no money to spend and yet he is willing to waste oportuinities like tonight to try and give some much needed experiance to the younger players. What message does that send out to them and any potential youth signings? It hardly encourages them to work hard if there is no reward at the end.

Shut up.

Good young players?

Happily.

I could name Fleck, Naismith, Thomson at our club alone.

Bryan Easton and Kevin McDonald who recently moved to Burnley, David Goodwillie and Scott Robertson at Dundee Utd, Scott Arfield at Falkirk, Lee Wallace at Hearts....

To say there are no decent young players in Scotland is just stupid. Our league is shit, but there's some talent in there. It's just a pity we have no-one to exploit ot.

Very true. I have to laugh when people claim McCulloch has "no footballing ability", because, thats a joke, but, all his praise has been at DM, where, he has been good this season, we also havent lost with him at CB, so, he isnt failing, but, Wilson is a natural... and would be playing "in his natural position".

Very amusing, its now all "Smith wont play kids", but, at the same time, post after post about how they arent good enough

I have a thought, howabout the fear is, the youngster go out and play, and, tear them apart. Would be interesting scenario given the first team is struggling a bit at times ;)

"We will make a couple of changes for the game but they won’t be wholesale because we don’t have that big a squad in the first place,” said Smith, who lost a team of fringe men – plus a deposed captain – in the summer. “We won’t be bringing in any younger players; the first-team players we have available we will use."

So it is the same old Walter, who has never been interested in a youth system, has always ignored his youth coaches and the clubs young players. He throws money to buy young players from inferior clubs but will not take the chance on those who have come through our system even though his cronies are now running our system.

We will never find out whether any of our younger players could make with the club unless they get a chance in a competitive game. Remember the state of the team(or lack of it) when he left first time around with hardly any experienced players and few younger players with first team experience.

Spot on Doc !!

What's the point of having Murray Park if our dinosaur of a manager is going to ignore the players coming through the system?

We have no money to spend and yet he is willing to waste oportuinities like tonight to try and give some much needed experiance to the younger players. What message does that send out to them and any potential youth signings? It hardly encourages them to work hard if there is no reward at the end.

It was Murrays plan to attract big name players but as you know his mis management led us into massive debt and now its out of place in Scotland a white elephant sort of thing

Two words for you:

Big.

Lee.

McCulloch:

Can't pass. Can't tackle. Gives away too many fouls. Too slow. A judgement based on the evidence of seeing him this season, and last season.

Now I don't see the problem will blooding Wilson in place of Big Lee. We are clearly woefully short in that position, so new blood is necessary.

I agree that our youth output has been hopeless compared with some other clubs, but when we do appear to have a gem - as Wilson was once talked of, they deserve to be given a chance.

Fleck was given a chance and he's done ok. I'd try Wilson tonight.

I have found your judgement poor in the past and do again here....

I would play wilson tonight but not in the SPL at 17

Shut up.

Good young players?

Happily.

I could name Fleck, Naismith, Thomson at our club alone.

Bryan Easton and Kevin McDonald who recently moved to Burnley, David Goodwillie and Scott Robertson at Dundee Utd, Scott Arfield at Falkirk, Lee Wallace at Hearts....

To say there are no decent young players in Scotland is just stupid. Our league is shit, but there's some talent in there. It's just a pity we have no-one to exploit ot.

As I said 3rd and 4th raters they will never be able to compete in the EPL for example

I think you have forgotten we are talking about Scotland here, wher are you just now planet cuckoo land mate you are so deleuded and out of touch with standards of quality

10 yrs ago or so the players we had would have refused to play with that lot of 4th raters