Steven Naismith

Creampuff

Sorry if this is a repost, haven't been on since the game.

But I thought Naismith showed real maturity in the Old Firm this weekend.

in the second half he tried his heart out trying to link up the defensive play to the forward players, and I thought his defensive contributions were excellent.

I'm beginning to like this lad a lot, if he could find consistent goals, he'd be one of our best players.

I really don't agree. Yes he competed well yesterday and worked hard but imo he is far too slow and weak. He would need to be technically very good to make up for his physical deficiencies and he isn't. It's a shame because he has a great attitude but he is one of several players who simply isn't good enough.

I don't think he's slow, and he's very strong on the ball for a lad his size.

Absolutely destroyed Wilson a few times in the 2nd half as well when he broke from a rather odd and alien central midfield berth.

He's looking the part IMO.

I really don't agree. Yes he competed well yesterday and worked hard but imo he is far too slow and weak. He would need to be technically very good to make up for his physical deficiencies and he isn't. It's a shame because he has a great attitude but he is one of several players who simply isn't good enough.

Hes far from not good enough

I get the impression you are fishing with every single post.

I like him because I think he's a hard-working forward who can work the channels well and gives defenders a bit of a nightmare.

About 5 or 6 times against Sevilla he won a header and had no one to flick it to.

He's tailor made to be in the 4-3-3 formation.. Pending we give him the wide support.

Along with Bougherra, they have been our two best and most consistant performers this season IMO.

I also thought he had a good game on Sunday and showed a real willingness to help out in the defensive side of the game.

For his size, he is also really good in the air.

Is there anyone good enough, in your eyes?

Davis, Thomson, edu, mendes, novo, miller, Bougherra (although has become over rated imo), lafferty (although has to start doing it more often), alexander, rothen, beasley (can be a good player again if given a little run of games) and papac. The younger players in the squad would need to play more for any of us to have an opinion.

Davis, Thomson, edu, mendes, novo, miller, Bougherra (although has become over rated imo), lafferty (although has to start doing it more often), alexander, rothen, beasley (can be a good player again if given a little run of games) and papac. The younger players in the squad would need to play more for any of us to have an opinion.

Because none of Mendes, Novo, Miller or Beasley are inconsistent..

I was a Beasley fan GSA.

I thought getting a 27 year old DMB for £700,000 was a ridiculous bargain.

However, how you can rate him above Naismith just now is completely beyond me! And beyond any right-minded supporter, I'd imagine.

Being involved in pre-season seems to have done him the world of good. He was at a bit of a disadvantage last season, having missed pre-season, but joining the squad in Germany during the summer has been deal and we're getting the rewards.

I thought he done well yesterday, he gave us another option.

There's more to come, though, much more. He used to run riot for Kilmarnock, turning sides inside out. Hopefully, he's on the road to that sort of form now.

He's getting more confidence with every match.

Turned Wilson inside out quite a few times yesterday I thought. Suffered that Kris Boyd thing of falling on his arse with no-one around him once or twice though, he needs new boots.

It must be a Killie thing :(

You think Mendes and Novo are good enough yet you constantly critisise the likes of Naismith and Boyd?

Because none of Mendes, Novo, Miller or Beasley are inconsistent..

Mendes is inconsistent I agree but if he played to his best every single week he would still be in the premiership. Beasley has been very poor at times but he has the ability imo. Novo and miller and not brilliant and can have poor weeks but they are both great athletes and superb competitors which makes them worth having imo. We cannot really afford complete players these days and if we have them they won't stay long. I just feel personally that naismith is not really good enough to be an attacking threat for rangers. Perhaps he will prove me wrong and he might do a decent job in the spl, if that happens I will be pleased for him because i like his attitude and because we payed £2 million for him!

You think Mendes and Novo are good enough yet you constantly critisise the likes of Naismith and Boyd?

Are you for real? look what nacho novo has given us compared with naismith. He is not a footballing genius but he is a superb competitor and a good athlete which stands him in good stead against better teams.

Naismith is doing well, seems like he's trying to make up for the time he missed out on, he's getting the minutes on the pitch and for me he can only improve further and that bodes well for him and Rangers.

I have to agre with gsa; Naismith looks busy and has a great attitude but his technigue is very poor, he lacks pace and more importantly has very slow reactions.His touch is not very good and his control results in him losing possession more often than not. I have been amazed at the praise he has been getting for what I think have been very ordinary performances and certainly not up to the standard I expect from a Rangers player, a £2 million player or even a player in the top half of our league.

Bears don't slaughter me, but this guy is not Rangers class. Ok he has some pace, and he is Scottish and he is a bear, but that's it. He was a good Killie player but playing for the mighty Glasgow Rangers takes someone special, like Henderson,Johnston,Wilson.McLean,Young,Cooper,Laudrup, Forrest,Jardine,Ferguson.Stein,Parlane,Johnstone,McCoist and I am afraid Naisy couldn't lace any of these wingers or strikers boots......................Follow....................Follow..................Col

in

I didn't think Naismith played well in the Old Firm game to be honest, but it's only one drop in his recent high standards. Has been great in other big games this season such as Stuttgart, Seville and Holland for Scotland.

He's now a player I have confidence in going into big matches, whereas before I saw him as being a bit 'wet behind the ears'.

Totally agree. So sad that Scottish starlets are still arriving on the scene lacking basic technique.