1872 or 1873?

whyrusogood

1872 or 1873?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. what do u recognise?

Founded in 1872. There is a wealth of evidence to support this, most of which is included in "The Gallant Pioneers" book by Gary Ralston.

The club didn't have time to prepare for the 50 year anniversary so changed the year to 1873 to give themselves time.

vote so far 15 to 7 in favour of 1873

*source?The club didn't have time to prepare for the 50 year anniversary so changed the year to 1873 to give themselves time.

septic would be 1887 if this is ur basis but they say 1888 !!

My source is the new book "The Gallant Pioneers" which charts the early years of the club. It is a very informative read and the writer has gone to great lengths to uncover new facts and records of the time. There are many on here who have read it and will vouch for this.

I recommend you go onto Amazon and buy it. A must read for all Rangers fans.

And i don't understand your point about Celtic, it's got fuck all to do with them.

does it say they didnt have time in 1972 in the book?

btw im not arguing about 1872 just that glasgow rangers the team are celebrated and known as 1873?

i do have a point as the vote is showing this,if i find out rangers will celebrate 150 years in 2022 i will hold my hands up!!

I think you'll find Rangers are well behind the book The Gallant Pioineers - one of the key researchers of it actually works for Rangers - and I have reason to believe that Rangers FC are grateful to the work that Gary Ralston and others carried out in it's publication and may consider re-writing the 150 centenary as a result.

WTS.

i really dont want to be arguing with fellow bears over this...im going to buy the book out of interest and except everything said...as u said i would like it if someone from rangers would come out to clear it up its not to late to change it if new evedience has been found and all are happy then i will be happy to say bye to 1873 and welcome 1872 on a tattoo proudly watp...!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Irrefutably 1872.

That many on here get it wrong as 1873 has hee-haw to do with fact.

Stupid arguing the point - it's been proven and documented several times over. Most recently as has been pointed out in "The Gallant Pioneers"

its not stupid if all are still unclear!

Irrefutably 1872.

Stupid arguing the point - it's been proven and documented several times over. Most recently as has been pointed out in "The Gallant Pioneers"

I know where you're coming from - but the reason some are unclear is because they haven't read the documented proof that 1872 is indeed the founding year. That they are ignorant (and I dont mean to sound unkind) is no excuse. It HAS been proven is my point. That some people are unclear (or uneducated to put it another way) is nobody's fault but theirs.

I say 1872.

You said before in a post that,that means I was "showing people I know more than you" or something along they lines.

It was just becuase I was trying to come up with some original designs.

cool mate no probs i wasnt up to speed with it at the time...im a big gers fan but had never read this book so fair play!! i mean did any one until this book came out am i right in saying 2009??

I say 1872.

You said before in a post that,that means I was "showing people I know more than you" or something along they lines.

cool mate no probs i wasnt up to speed with it at the time...im a big gers fan but had never read this book so fair play!! i mean did any one until this book came out am i right in saying 2009??

The information was there but wasn't easily accessible. This book brought it all into the public light and collated it together. It proved beyond doubt that the club was founded in 1872.

Yes, it came out in July/August of this year.

Irrefutably 1872.

I know where you're coming from - but the reason some are unclear is because they haven't read the documented proof that 1872 is indeed the founding year. That they are ignorant (and I dont mean to sound unkind) is no excuse. It HAS been proven is my point. That some people are unclear (or uneducated to put it another way) is nobody's fault but theirs.

i feel to say someones uneducated because a new piece of evedience has came to light recently is very unfair...there may be older or younger guys or gals who havent read this book? so u cant say its there fault because unlike you have read it and more educated pure pish ! sorry for the language

I say 1872.

Yep - plenty folk knew about this year issue. Rangers themselves too.

But it's taken the book it seems to give the club the impetus to do something about it. But to answer your question, it was documented - just not very well - the reasearch done by Gary Ralston has been excellent

it says 1873 on the govan so thats good enough for me

3927850815a6371001717l.jpg

And you and IT are wrong.

Stop celebrating the fact - pressure the club to put it right.

tbh theres more important things to do,mind were 2nd in the league

start a thread on 2nd in the league then!

start a thread on 2nd in the league then!

dont think thats goni solve anything i think walters a great manager he'll sort it out (tu)

If that's your way of admitting that you were ignorant of the true facts and are willing to move on in an appropriate way, I'll accept that.

Deflection never works though.

If that's your way of admitting that you were ignorant of the true facts and are willing to move on in an appropriate way, I'll accept that.

i never said it wasnt 1872 i just didnt mind all that much is all i was just going by the official date recognised by the club i knew this would be a touch subject before i read it, its one of my pet hates all this arguing about the date

i never said it wasnt 1872 i just didnt mind all that much is all i was just going by the official date recognised by the club i knew this would be a touch subject before i read it, its one of my pet hates all this arguing about the date

fair enough mate - wasnt trying to pick a fight - just pointing out that earlier you had said that "1873 was good enough" for you. that was all.

fair enough mate - wasnt trying to pick a fight - just pointing out that earlier you had said that "1873 was good enough" for you. that was all.

Although to be fair - it did sound like I WAS trying to pick a fight!! soz! :craphead:

i think that might have been meant for me if so deflection doesnt work!!

Although to be fair - it did sound like I WAS trying to pick a fight!! soz! :craphead:

thats awrite were all pals here :cheers: FTP