Support the online petition to Lloyds Banking Group

boss

Such as putting pressure on the Assembly and the RST, the only credible Rangers fan groups, to come together and make a strongly-worded statement on behalf of the Rangers support.

Signing a daft fucking petition might make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside thinking you have saved the club, but in reality it does absolutely nothing. Online petitions are a guranteed failure and most won't make it off of the webiste they are on. Have a look at the comments and names, do you think the bank would take something like this seriously?

Don't be so silly.

So have you began contacting the Assembly and the RST buddy??? How about you do that now if you can be bothered while the 577 people feeling all fuzzy and warm get on with giving this a bash eh?

Take it you never signed and supported the fellow members of this forum who have taken the time to do so.

Regardless if it works or not...you can at least try instead of having such a defeatist attitude toward it all

Will you sign?

E-mails have been sent to members of both the Trust and the Assembly in the past couple of days by myself and i am trying to help get an official response from the Rangers support organised. Like i said, it is the ONLY option if you want to make a difference.

If the 577 people (excluding about 200 tims) took the time to contact the Assembly and RST pledging their support to a combined statement on behalf of the fans then they will have a big chance of making a difference.

Of course i'm not signing it. What planet would a bank have to be on to take heed of a petition that allows you to sign with a fake name and e-mail address? <cr>

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

E-mails have been sent to members of both the Trust and the Assembly in the past couple of days by myself and i am trying to help get an official response from the Rangers support organised. Like i said, it is the ONLY option if you want to make a difference.

Well done. It's all good.

Oh, and several of the people trying to organise a joint response from the supporters groups have signed the petition also. They don't see it as one or the other. It's all good.

We are not worthy lord :praise: :praise:

Correct, you're not.

You're a prick.

That is your opinion :sherlock:

Regardless, your not special Manticore...Your just like everyone else here...a supporter of Glasgow Rangers...Just remember that :21:

Did you sign? :rolleyes:

Such as putting pressure on the Assembly and the RST, the only credible Rangers fan groups, to come together and make a strongly-worded statement on behalf of the Rangers support.

Signing a daft fucking petition might make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside thinking you have saved the club, but in reality it does absolutely nothing. Online petitions are a guranteed failure and most won't make it off of the webiste they are on. Have a look at the comments and names, do you think the bank would take something like this seriously?

Don't be so silly.

An online petition if signed by enough could make its way to the media and prove bad publicity for said bank.

Like you say it is a chance for all Rangers fan groups to pull together and come up with a plan.

A petition stall at our next home game is something I suggested, thousands of handwritten signatures may be more in line of a proper petition.

FFS! Our club is in a sad state of affairs at the moment, many fans are being pro-active in actually doing something about it, and still we get the doubters.

Whats wrong with supporting the RST AND signing the online petition?

It doesn't have to be one or the other.

The more we all do to get the attention of the bank, the better.

Division in the ranks is the last thing we need in these testing times so FFS lets stick together and do what we can to help our club.

We're all the same - Bears who care.

If an online petition is not credible, as Manticore says, then why don't we get outside Ibrox at the next home game and gather as many sigs as possible?

Don't be so silly.

An online petition if signed by enough could make its way to the media and prove bad publicity for said bank.

Like you say it is a chance for all Rangers fan groups to pull together and come up with a plan.

A petition stall at our next home game is something I suggested, thousands of handwritten signatures may be more in line of a proper petition.

I think it is a fantastic Idea and post (tu) (tu) The online one is a start and can be printed off and added to collected handwritten signatures...as said these can then be taken by a group of fans to Lloyds HQ, filmed for youtube and the main stream media will pick it up. A press release to the Scottish press with dates and times would result in them turning up to see and report it.

Lloyds Banking Group will hate the publicity and it will be damaging...thats before any coordinated shutting of accounts on a set day too

The supporters do have the power regardless of those with defeatest attitudes who are waiting on our shiny night on a white horse....fook that, lets just do it

thebooler :praise: :praise:

For those who think I am a "prick" fantastic, I will take that title as long as it means we do something for the club. I aint the best supporter of Rangers there is, like those who travel all over the world and buy tons of merchandise But I do fookin care deeply about the club :disappointment:

I have just emailed both the RST & Assembly to ask if they can help take forward the petition idea both on-line and before the next home game with handwritten signatures as suggested in this thread.

The more the supporters can come together and push this the better! The more help we can get, the better also :21:

Let's fire a warning shot across their bows - we won't take their crap lying down.

http://www.petitiononline.com/gers52/petition.html

Please copy this across to all other forums and forward the link to every bluenose in your addressbook.

Wording of the petition:

We, loyal supporters of The Rangers Football Club, express our dismay at the apparent lack of support given by the Lloyds Banking Group to our Club. We appeal to your commercial good sense (to the extent that such still exists within your discredited, 43% state-owned company) to continue to provide Rangers with the necessary facilities to ensure our success. We will have no hesitation in calling for a nationwide boycott of all your brands should such support be withdrawn: Lloyds TSB, Bank of Scotland, Halifax, C&G, Black Horse, Intelligent Finance, Scottish Widows, Clerical Medical, Birmingham Midshires, Lex, St James's Place Bank, Insight Investment.

Refresh of the URL and Wording (tu) (tu)

I signed it , where does it go, when to and to whom?

I think it should be printed and hand delivered to Lloyds Banking Group HQ in Edinburgh.

In addition, handwritten signatures gathered before a home game could be added as suggested in this thread. Press releases to Scottish Media when the date is arranged so to drum up publicity, which the banking group will not want!

Don't be so silly.

now thats a good idea. the tims cudnt hijack that in anyway. we cud hav our names, sign it and hav our home addresses so its proper and not just email addesses

I had hoped we would hit 1000 by 6PM tonight after a lightening start but nope.

It really only takes a few minutes and will not hurt to try this route...the alternative is doing nothing and that certainly wont work :anguish:

Lets hit 1000 before midnight guys (tu) (tu)