Current Situation

DavidRST

Hi david, cheers for coming on and telling us what you think. I often find myself asking the question 'What would davidrst say to this' so cheers for clarifying matter and putting everyones mind at rest.

What has he clarified? He only alledges, there's no concrete proof.

We still know diddlysquat basically and won't do so until the wheels in motion are published to the Stock Exchange.

Av a feelin ther wiz a touch o sarcasm in Mister C's post mate - may be wrong though.

:dazed:

Get back in your box :pierre:

I had to earlier there is no shame in this

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a conundrum for you all

Say there are people within Ibrox wishing to secretly get information out to the fans, who could they effectively use?

Just that if they use the press, the press is talking shite

or

If they use members here who may be relatives or close friends...folk say the source is shite and its a rumour.

So is it pointless altogether?

Hi david, cheers for coming on and telling us what you think. I often find myself asking the question 'What would davidrst say to this' so cheers for clarifying matter and putting everyones mind at rest.

What has he clarified? He only alledges, there's no concrete proof.

We still know diddlysquat basically and won't do so until the wheels in motion are published to the Stock Exchange.

Av a feelin ther wiz a touch o sarcasm in Mister C's post mate - may be wrong though.

:dazed:

Get back in your box :pierre:

I had to earlier there is no shame in this

Some of us aren't designed to fit in boxes ;)

To my simple mind it's similar to owing some big fella, say, £20k and you own a car worth £25 k, (when not in a recession) and they come and tell you, I want my 20k tomorow.

You don't have it so they sell your car for £20k to get the money back. So either way, you'd have to either sell the car and hope to hold out to get more that the 20k, (and risk the wrath of the big fella) then just hand the money to the people owed money, or miss out the middle man (you) and have then just have the money handed to them directly?

They don't care what you paid for the car, as long they get their money, and tough luck to you? Or in this instance, Murray.

Question for the financially astute. This all seems to take it that the whole Rangers debt is Murray's debt. Are the other shareholders (King apparently has 4,000,000 shares I have 50 :( ) not responsible for any of the Rangers debt?

alright, really...i would fully accept losing 2/3 players if it meant we had the debt wiped, and started a fresh next summer.

Guys these players can't stay forever, and regardless of what we all like to think, this club means more than any player past or present combined with others.

LBG should be cutting the asking price, and should be negotiable to a repayment scheme as per Scots Law when it involves a debt.

say the debt is £30million, pay £15m of this, then repay the other £15million over 3 years to coincide with the clubs income, and still maintain it as a business.

Another reason the Mhedia are showing themselves up with are the "bankruptcy" allegations. There is no "Bankruptcy" in Scotland, its known as Sequestration...and Rangers are an institution that wont reach this level.

Right now Rangers need stability over anything else, and if Lloyds want to play hardball with selling the club, then they will suffer as is being widely reported.

I expect it to only be a matter of time before things settle down.

Unfortunately another equation has to be considered, Lloyds are it is reported going to be required by the EU to sell all of their Scottish branches, they will hardly be fazed by any actions proposed in Scotland, banks do not panic, that is the forte of the people who owe zillions.

Unfortunately another equation has to be considered, Lloyds are it is reported going to be required by the EU to sell all of their Scottish branches, they will hardly be fazed by any actions proposed in Scotland, banks do not panic, that is the forte of the people who owe zillions.

Good Job the Chelsea fans in England are signing the petition too then :D :D ;)

My point is that it could have an influence on how the bank handle the situation, they may expedite matters if they see their due debts being left behind by a forced sale of their Scottish arm, that is of course surmising the accounts are held in Scotland and not England. When it comes to fat bonuses for bankers or survival for us, I think we know what way the bankers will lean.

My point is that it could have an influence on how the bank handle the situation, they may expedite matters if they see their due debts being left behind by a forced sale of their Scottish arm, that is of course surmising the accounts are held in Scotland and not England. When it comes to fat bonuses for bankers or survival for us, I think we know what way the bankers will lean.

Sorry, wasn't having a dig or anything..just trying to lighten the mood :craphead: :craphead:

misterc sounding like a tool as usual then....................................................

Yeah cos your opinion is so valuable to me, almost as valuable as the OP's.......

Maybe its just me but i respect the opinion of the RST spokesmen who is obviously in a better position to know what is happening at the club than you or me, there is no need to be so disrespectful to the man. Every post i read you are either fishing or spouting some pish trying to be funny, its tiresome.

misterc sounding like a tool as usual then....................................................

Yeah cos your opinion is so valuable to me, almost as valuable as the OP's.......

Maybe its just me but i respect the opinion of the RST spokesmen who is obviously in a better position to know what is happening at the club than you or me, there is no need to be so disrespectful to the man. Every post i read you are either fishing or spouting some pish trying to be funny, its tiresome.

Well there is an ignore function, perhaps if my posts bother you that much you should use it. I'm not going to respect a spokesperson for an organisation that acts the way the RST does, nothing personal against the guy, more the organisation he speaks for.

To my simple mind it's the similar to owing some big fella, say, £20k and you own a car worth £25 k, (when not in a recession) and they come and tell you, I want my 20k tomorow.

You don't have it so they sell your car for £20k to get the money back? So either way, you'd have to either sell the car and hope to hold out to get more that the 20k, (and risk the wrath of the big fella) then just hand the money to the people owed money, or miss out the middle man (you) and have then just have the money handed to they directly?

They don't care what you paid for the car, as long they get their money, and tough luck to you? Or in this instance, Murray.

ive got 2 say mate i like ur analogy,

we need murray out asap, if that means he gets fuk all for his shares then so be it. high risk,high stakes gambling as murray has done so often has come bak 2 bite his and our arse BIG time.

it actually wudnt surprise me if wen rangers are sold and completely out of murrays life altogether that he may go bust. i dont know anyfin about his companys finances but they dont sound in gr8 shape from wat i can gather?

THE Board of Directors of the Club has no further comment to make on the announcement made on Monday 26 October 2009.

Further comment by the Club's Board, if any, will be in accordance with the City Code on Takeovers and Mergers by way of a further announcement to the PLUS market.

As previously stated, the Club's Board has been advised by our principal shareholder, Murray International Holdings Ltd, that it is considering options regarding its shareholding in the Club. This may, or may not, lead to Murray International disposing of some or all of its stake in the Club to a third party.

We would also take this opportunity to advise that, further to recent enquiries, the Club can confirm the preliminary announcement of our results for the year to 30 June 2009 will be made on 12 November 2009, with the subsequent AGM to be held at Ibrox on 7 December 2009 at 11am.

Thought id punt this in here too...

THE Board of Directors of the Club has no further comment to make on the announcement made on Monday 26 October 2009.

Further comment by the Club's Board, if any, will be in accordance with the City Code on Takeovers and Mergers by way of a further announcement to the PLUS market.

As previously stated, the Club's Board has been advised by our principal shareholder, Murray International Holdings Ltd, that it is considering options regarding its shareholding in the Club. This may, or may not, lead to Murray International disposing of some or all of its stake in the Club to a third party.

We would also take this opportunity to advise that, further to recent enquiries, the Club can confirm the preliminary announcement of our results for the year to 30 June 2009 will be made on 12 November 2009, with the subsequent AGM to be held at Ibrox on 7 December 2009 at 11am.

Thought id punt this in here too...

We will be bought before then and how the thousands on here will rejoice. The new owner will ask for a tenner each and they will vanish.

There seems to be a huge amount of speculation about what Rangers are worth on this thread and very little hard facts. I'm no financial expert, but surely we should look first at what it would cost to launch a hostile takeover

The share capital is - 108,791,499 ordinary shares which are currently valued at 52p at close of business today. So in order to acquire a 51% share and assume control it would cost a little under 28.8M. That would allow you assume control but, of course, you would also inherit the debt and we don't know exactly what that is. Let's say it is 30M.

That basically means that the maximum price to take over Rangers would be 58.8M. Doesn't matter what we think Ibrox or Murray Park is worth - that's the top price.

Obviously no-one in their right mind is going to pay this - the business is in difficulty and the parent company is in real difficulty. The debt is also (probably) negotiable to some extent as the bank wants out and is looking for cash to balance the books to try and avoid serious government action.

Nobody knows what the bank will settle for (but keeping them under pressure is definitely the way to go). We don't know what Murray will sell his shares for - he will be under a lot of pressure from the bank to drop the price and they can exert this because of the difficulty his other companies are in.

If you simply want the cheapest price then it would be best to wait to see if the whole edifice of Murray's empire collapses and then you can pick up the Rangers shares for buttons and just negotiate the debt.

Our best hope is that the main players are Rangers fans and don't want to see it go as far as this because the squad could be seriously weakened before we get to this point.