Your best day/night at Ibrox?

Toby

Does anybody remember you could watch the players kickin the ball about through the chicken wire at the back of the enclosure under the stand before it got all modernised ? :sherlock:

I can Blue and its a shame that those days are gone. Blue can you mind that you could walk round to whatever end Rangers were shooting into apart from the Celtic games.

Yeh I remember that!

Fitness tests the lot. All the warm ups were done in there including the Steau game.

We lost a goal in 60 secs that night and warmed up on the pitch ever after

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been a few but beating them in extra time in the league cup a few seasons ago, Ibrox park OF game at a half decent kick off time was quality. I was corporate and we were arguing that we were told 2 hours free drink after final whistle. Got away with it and staggered out the stadium after midnight. Also enjoyed the Alania or the russian champions game. Think we went behind the 2-1 up the they missed a pen, the fly pig saved it.

Thanks for all the replies guys!

Sounds like some magical memories some of us have

Let's hope we have more of these for many years to come ( fingers crossed )

WATP - NO SURRENDER

Not been to many European games but probably Bremen 2007. Nothing special about the goals but the atmosphere was terrific that night.

The subway was absolutely BOUNCING there and back. Happy days.

The last old firm game stands out as well, purely because of the punding we gave Specky the Tim.

It was fuckin hilarious

Any win over Timmy, no doubt about it. Each one seems to give a greater pleasure than the last and Miller's two goals earlier in the season had me up on my seat, fucking dynamite.

The european nights are good, too, and I managed to get a ticket for the UEFA Cup final which was unreal. Neither can whack a good Tim skelping, though.

Fucking brillian thread BTW. Just fucking great. The Juve game in 78 was my first, reminded me of the rainbow cafe in Finnieston and the ferry from Finnieston over to Govan. Fuck me was that no a scary wee ferry, anyone else remember that?

yes i remember the ferry from finnieston to govan we used to piss about down on the jetty (govan side) when i was a youngster

5-1 v the mhankies - Aug 1988 - Happy Birthday Dear Celtic !!!!!!!

2-0 v Dynamo Kiev (basically the Russin national team at the time) - socreboards after the game - To Russia with Love !!!!

a;so loved the atmosphere of the 5-0 game v Sturm Graz !!!

Okay, there has been countless great days/nights I've had at our llustrious stadium

Nearly every old firm game I've been to and a whole lot more

But one of the games that sticks in my mind is against Parma in 99 where Vidmar and Reyna gave us a fantastic 2-0 victory

Not sure what made it so special, the win? the atmosphere from the off? the people i was with?

Who knows, but it all culminated in making it one of the best nights I have ever spent at Ibrox

So what was yours?

Here's a wee reminder ( like you needed it ) :rolleyes:

The 2-2 draw with Celtic in 1987. The roof nearly came off when Gough equalised! I've never known a roar like it since.