Lafferty shouldn't have come off

ScotBear

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lafferty deserved to stay on for the 2nd half , Muff, Lafferty did everything that you mentioned Boyd did , whats the difference between Boyd being one of the best today and Lafferty being compared to Sebo?

Lets give Lafferty the run of games Boyd's had upfront (tu)

Neither a Boyd nor Lafferty fan, but Boyd did a hell of a lot more than Lafferty.

Give him a run, no thanks. The lanky Sebo, except, Sebo at least ran around, and tried.

Boyd had the full game , Lafferty did more in the first half than Boyd , he didnt deserve to be taken off and does not deserve to et slagged off for his performance today

Boyd had a better game, Lafferty shouldn't have started.

Lafferty's a pish footballer and a cheating thug as well. If you put him in green and white hoops you'd hate the man, Lafferty and McCulloch are thugs who are also terrible players.

Eh? How is lafferty a 'thug'?

Someones been reading to many tabloids methinks...

Lafferty deserved to stay on for the 2nd half , Muff, Lafferty did everything that you mentioned Boyd did , whats the difference between Boyd being one of the best today and Lafferty being compared to Sebo?

Lets give Lafferty the run of games Boyd's had upfront (tu)

Neither a Boyd nor Lafferty fan, but Boyd did a hell of a lot more than Lafferty.

Give him a run, no thanks. The lanky Sebo, except, Sebo at least ran around, and tried.

Boyd had the full game , Lafferty did more in the first half than Boyd , he didnt deserve to be taken off and does not deserve to et slagged off for his performance today

Boyd had a better game, Lafferty shouldn't have started.

He shouldnt but he did , he played decent enough first half to deserve to come out for the 2nd , if anything Boyd was the worse of the 2 strikers as we went in at halftime

Guest johngers
Lafferty's a pish footballer and a cheating thug as well. If you put him in green and white hoops you'd hate the man, Lafferty and McCulloch are thugs who are also terrible players.

I hate every player that wears green and white hoops anyway.

And how on earth did you work out the cheating thug part <cr>

Honestly Ian, sometimes I think your sisters taken over your account! :P

Cheating thug?

I was willing to give Lafferty the benefit of the doubt, he looked to be coming onto a game at one point but my god he's rank.

Ignoring the fact he shouldnt have even made the squad today, he was really very poor. I actually think even if Boyd had picked him out perfectly he still would have headed over from 2 feet.

I aslo agree that he is a very dirty player, and his diving :anguish:

Not a Thug ffs ! He is a cheat though obviously, I still watch that video sometimes for a laugh, Mulgrew's expression is priceless. McCulloch is more of a thug and a worse footballer than Lafferty by a country mile, McCulloch's sole purpose is to clatter the in form or best player from the opposition. That is all he is for. I think you'll find most of us hate these two without them having to wear the green and grey.

Walter persists with Lafferty because he cost £3.75 million ( i think ) and Lee cost £2 million.

The fact Lafferty cost us more than DOUBLE the cost of the ENTIRE Unirea team and Lee also cost MORE than the ENTIRE UNIREA team still fills me with dread.

I just wish, even just for one game this season, we could see Lafferty play up top with someone like Miller, Naismith or even Fleck.

We either stick him out wide and when we do play him up top.......it's with Boyd, a pairing that does neither of them any favours.

Kris Boyd was one of the best players in a Rangers jersey!

He held the ball up well, closed down their back four, won balls in the air, gave options, showed some nice touches, layed it off to Lafferty, Fleck and Miller on a number of occassions....

He missed a number of chances, but he played well.

Kyle Lafferty is worse than Filip Sebo, he's simply not a footballer.

He isn't playing well but he is a far better footballer than Sebo and you must know that Muff.

Lafferty has shown with Northern Ireland that he is a very good player with a lot of potential. They look a lot stronger with Lafferty leading the line up front.

At Rangers we either play him on the left wing where he simply isn't suited or we isolate him up front with no support play from our midfield. We have no wingers and no attacking midfield players and our attacking threat comes from two out of position full backs who can't cross a ball.

Until we change our shape our forwards are going to continue to struggle. We either need some width in the form of a pacey winger who can cross or to have a create attack minded player playing in the hole behind the front two, just now we have niether.

Lafferty has shown with Northern Ireland

No offence, but fuck N. Ireland!

I don't care how he plays for NI but the point is that he can play and plenty of other players have performed better at other clubs than they do now with Rangers.

Our formation is terrible and our style of play is one of the worst in the SPL. We are ruining our players and we will continue to play poorly until we have a major change.

Boyd's general game was decent today, but the bottom line is he missed chance after chance......one of them a real sitter where he managed to hit it high and straight at Langfield, the only position he would have been able to save it from point blank range. That's Boyd's 4th start at Pittodrie in a Rangers jersey, his 7th appearance for us there, and he's still to score.

Boyd may have upped his performance levels in recent weeks.....but we know that never lasts. His record against Celtic is crap, in europe is crap, away to the top 6 is crap. He's not the man for the big occassion, never will be. His goals are barely ever crucial for us. Top up comfortable scorelines or put away bottom 6 minnows at Ibrox.

It's time we gave our other strikers an opportunity to influence games up front. Naismith, Lafferty and Novo are being used as wide men, they should be given fair opportunity as strikers. And Fleck needs to be given a chance through the middle.

I've always said Boyd struggles in europe, Old Firm games and away to the top 6. He's now started in three of these games this season (4 if you include Dundee United game), and failed to score in all 3, missing two sitters in two games this week. He's not the man for these matches, we can't just allow him to continue to fail in these games and then slate the other strikers who are playing in midfield every week.

I was willing to give Lafferty the benefit of the doubt, he looked to be coming onto a game at one point but my god he's rank.

Ignoring the fact he shouldnt have even made the squad today, he was really very poor. I actually think even if Boyd had picked him out perfectly he still would have headed over from 2 feet.

I aslo agree that he is a very dirty player, and his diving :anguish:

How whit was he doing wanking over championship manager ?? :isay:

Not that he put in a particularly good performance today, but compared with his other team mates he was no worse, he's the one guy capable of playing back to goal which is crucial when we don't have wingers capable of hitting the bye line.

Despite losing the goal, we were better first half. We had a wee flurry at the end of the second half, but that was largely down to playing against ten men. McCulloch or even Naismith should have been off for me if a change was to be made at half time.

Agreed mate.. (tu)

Not that he put in a particularly good performance today, but compared with his other team mates he was no worse, he's the one guy capable of playing back to goal which is crucial when we don't have wingers capable of hitting the bye line.

Despite losing the goal, we were better first half. We had a wee flurry at the end of the second half, but that was largely down to playing against ten men. McCulloch or even Naismith should have been off for me if a change was to be made at half time.

he was awful and cant score with him facing goal after that sitter he missed

i thought he was an aberdeen defender clearing it off the line

he is a big girraffe and a waste off 3million and him and boyd cant work together

I thought when Lafferty went off, Miller and Boyd linked up well. Something that was lacking in the first half.

There was a lot more chances created in the second half. Possibly down to the red card though. Lafferty offers very little to be honest.