Do we sell Boogy this January ....... or wait?

Muirheadbear

The World Cup draw has thrown up an interesting scenario.

Boogy will be playing against England this Summer. History has shown that player's transfer fees can go mad, especially if that player has had a good World Cup. His profile has the potential to rocket during the World Cup. (El Hadj Douif - 10m remember?!)

My point is this; should we hang onto Boogy (if that's possible) until the Summer or take the first decent offer this January?

I'm not opening a discussion on whether we should sell Boogy for his recent indicretions, moreover it's basically a cold business decision about a player who will (he wants to go soon anyway) leave us some short time from now anyway.

I reckon holding onto him makes sense (bank willing) until the World Cup is over (also help our league campaign this season).

Over to you????

Guest The Brown Brogue

I think this is the exact scenario the player himself will be hoping for.

Cuellar had an amazing season in Europe to boost his profile and get his move to the Premiership, Bougherra hasnt had that so the World Cup will be his shop window, as will the ACON in January.

I think this is the exact scenario the player himself will be hoping for.

Cuellar had an amazing season in Europe to boost his profile and get his move to the Premiership, Bougherra hasnt had that so the World Cup will be his shop window, as will the ACON in January.

Good point about the Cup of Nations!!!

Even if his attitude isnt perfect it would be stupid to sell him now!

His value will go up by at least £1-2m once he has played in the AFCON and the World Cup and if keeping our best defender for 6months to earn £6-8m rather than £3-5m then even on a purely business sense its a no brainer!

Unless we get a bid of around £5-7m for him in Januray we should keep him until the summer!