Ally: "It's safe to say I'm a big Kris fan,"/Ally on Kris's contract situation

Boab

Rangers assistant Ally McCoist has welcomed news that re-signing talks have begun with Kris Boyd, although the player himself pleaded ignorance.

Chief executive Martin Bain told the club's annual meeting on Tuesday that he had spoken to the striker's agent.

"It's the first I heard about it, so I don't know," Boyd said as he left for the Champions League tie in Sevilla.

However, McCoist said: "Hopefully his agents and Martin can get something sorted out. That would be great."

Boyd is out of contract at the end of the season and a number of clubs from around Europe have been linked with the 26-year-old.

There's about six, seven or eight of the players' contracts up as well and that can't have been an easy situation for them

Rangers assistant manager Ally McCoist

Hertha Berlin and Galatasaray have reportedly been monitoring his progress.

And former Rangers manager Alex McLeish is likely to be considering a renewal of his interest in taking Boyd to Birmingham City after the former Scotland striker rejected a move last January.

Boyd's future had been in doubt when Rangers manager Walter Smith consistently left him out of the starting line-up for European ties.

But Boyd was first choice for the 2-0 defeat by Stuttgart and hopes to start in Spain on Wednesday, despite being an injury doubt after picking up a thigh strain after scoring his 150th and 151st Scottish Premier League goals in Saturday's 3-1 win away to Falkirk.

He certainly expects to be back fit for this weekend's visit by St Johnstone as he closes in on Henrik Larsson's all-time record of 158 SPL goals.

"It's safe to say I'm a big Kris fan," said McCoist as the Rangers squad left Glasgow Airport. "I think he's the best finisher in the country by some way."

Rangers' annual meeting also received confirmation that Smith and McCoist would work without contracts when their current deals expire in January.

However, McCoist played down suggestions he and Smith were sacrificing themselves for the good of the club, who are £31m in debt and up for sale.

"I think, if anything, the players have been fantastic," he said. "There's about six, seven or eight of the players' contracts up as well and that can't have been an easy situation for them.

"Obviously, there are families and livelihoods we're talking about here.

"I think the players have got take an enormous amount of credit for the way they've handled themselves."

McCoist welcomed the fact Smith would not be forced to sell players in January but confirmed there would almost certainly be no new arrivals at Ibrox.

"It's what the fans want to hear, that we can keep our top players," he said.

"In an ideal situation, we'd be able to go out in the January market and bring one or two in, but that doesn't look to be the case.

"But, from the fans' point of view, I think it's very, very important there's a bit of stability."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/8401866.stm

Always felt Coisty was a big fan.

Rangers assistant Ally McCoist has welcomed news that re-signing talks have begun with Kris Boyd, although the player himself pleaded ignorance.

Chief executive Martin Bain told the club's annual meeting on Tuesday that he had spoken to the striker's agent.

"It's the first I heard about it, so I don't know," Boyd said as he left for the Champions League tie in Sevilla.

However, McCoist said: "Hopefully his agents and Martin can get something sorted out. That would be great."

Boyd is out of contract at the end of the season and a number of clubs from around Europe have been linked with the 26-year-old.

There's about six, seven or eight of the players' contracts up as well and that can't have been an easy situation for them

And former Rangers manager Alex McLeish is likely to be considering a renewal of his interest in taking Boyd to Birmingham City after the former Scotland striker rejected a move last January.

Boyd's future had been in doubt when Rangers manager Walter Smith consistently left him out of the starting line-up for European ties.

But Boyd was first choice for the 2-0 defeat by Stuttgart and hopes to start in Spain on Wednesday, despite being an injury doubt after picking up a thigh strain after scoring his 150th and 151st Scottish Premier League goals in Saturday's 3-1 win away to Falkirk.

He certainly expects to be back fit for this weekend's visit by St Johnstone as he closes in on Henrik Larsson's all-time record of 158 SPL goals.

"It's safe to say I'm a big Kris fan," said McCoist as the Rangers squad left Glasgow Airport. "I think he's the best finisher in the country by some way."

Rangers' annual meeting also received confirmation that Smith and McCoist would work without contracts when their current deals expire in January.

However, McCoist played down suggestions he and Smith were sacrificing themselves for the good of the club, who are £31m in debt and up for sale.

"I think, if anything, the players have been fantastic," he said. "There's about six, seven or eight of the players' contracts up as well and that can't have been an easy situation for them.

"I think the players have got take an enormous amount of credit for the way they've handled themselves."

McCoist welcomed the fact Smith would not be forced to sell players in January but confirmed there would almost certainly be no new arrivals at Ibrox.

"In an ideal situation, we'd be able to go out in the January market and bring one or two in, but that doesn't look to be the case.

"But, from the fans' point of view, I think it's very, very important there's a bit of stability."

And, theres why Boyd doesnt know, its Bain and the agent talking at this point, as is, I bleive, NORMAL!

Hope he does start, would go a long way to help keeping him i think

And, theres why Boyd doesnt know, its Bain and the agent talking at this point, as is, I bleive, NORMAL!

Hope he does start, would go a long way to help keeping him i think

I would have thought Boyd would have some idea. Something like 'Hey Kris it's your agent. I'm talking to Martin Bain about a new deal for you'.

Boyd and his agent will have spoke about what he wants, and his agent will be seeing what Rangers are prepared to offer I would think. A few boxes of pickled onion monster munch should speed the process up.

Boyd and his agent will have spoke about what he wants, and his agent will be seeing what Rangers are prepared to offer I would think. A few boxes of pickled onion monster munch should speed the process up.

I had a packet of them today actually. Fuckin' magic :pipe:

Best crisps out, only discos can compete :praise:

Salt 'n' Vinegar?

Kettle Chips are the best by a country mile!

Salt 'n' Vinegar?

Fuck 'n' right

Posh bastard.

Posh bastard.

:pierre:

Posh bastard.

:lol:

S & V squares :drool:

The 'I am aware of what Kris sees as acceptable' rings alarm bells for me.

I can smell an embarrassing drawn-out 'oh, we can't afford that!' negotiation being played out. Hopefully not through the media.

Really hope I'm wrong tho...

Salt 'n' Vinegar?

Fuck 'n' right

:pipe: