Ideal team

MrSifter

All things being equal and with the squad we have at the minute how would you like to see us set out?

I'd go for:

McGregor

Whittaker Boogie Wilson Papac

Davis Mendes Fleck Thomson

Naismith Boyd

There's a general lack of width and pace but looking through the squad I'm not sure who we could have bombing down the wing. Whittaker at right back isn't great either and could be swapped with Broadfoot.

I actually think we have the bones of a half decent first 11 but we need a right back, winger and front man.

Drop Whittaker for sure and Thomson's been pish also.

Mendes injured and probs on the off.

More looking at how you'd set us out if everyone is fit and assuming they'll stay until the end of the season. Boogie and Davis could be for the off also.

what exactly does naisy bring

I'd like to see him given a run through the middle and Boyd having a partner. I'm not saying this is the perfect team (how could it be with our squad?) but it's how I'd like to see us set out.

What starting 11 would you pick if everyone was fit?

All things being equal and with the squad we have at the minute how would you like to see us set out?

I'd go for:

McGregor

Whittaker Boogie Wilson Papac

Davis Mendes Fleck Thomson

Naismith Boyd

There's a general lack of width and pace but looking through the squad I'm not sure who we could have bombing down the wing. Whittaker at right back isn't great either and could be swapped with Broadfoot.

I actually think we have the bones of a half decent first 11 but we need a right back, winger and front man.

McGregor

RB Boogie Wilson Papac

RM Davis Mendes LM

Boyd Fleck

Thats about the best I could do.

McGregor

RB Boogie Wilson Papac

RM Davis Mendes LM

Boyd Fleck

Pretty much agree with you in an ideal world we'd get better players in for those positions missing.

Is Fleck a front man? I've read he plays centre mid and also just behind the striker.

McGregor

RB Boogie Wilson Papac

RM Davis Mendes LM

Boyd Fleck

Pretty much agree with you in an ideal world we'd get better players in for those positions missing.

Is Fleck a front man? I've read he plays centre mid and also just behind the striker.

In my team he would have a little bit of freedom IMO better than having Naismith or Miller

Ideally?

:mcgregor:

:mcmillan: :bougherra: :wilson: :papac:

:edu: :mendes:

:davis: :fleck: :Naismith:

:boyd:

Thats probably about is good as we've got.

Interesting set-up, PLG favoured the 4-2-3-1. The system works with hard work and the right players. It's a good idea and one I'd like to see as well. I still think we suffer from a lack of pace and width.

This is probably the best we've got

Most of us have 90% the same team, just slightly different set-up. The thing I like about the 4-2-3-1 suggested is if everyone works it is Smith's favoured 4-5-1 when defending and pretty much becomes 4-2-1-3 when attacking. It requires a lot of athleticism and hard work and pace. Sadly we are lacking in all those departments at the minute.

This is probably the best we've got

Most of us have 90% the same team, just slightly different set-up. The thing I like about the 4-2-3-1 suggested is if everyone works it is Smith's favoured 4-5-1 when defending and pretty much becomes 4-2-1-3 when attacking. It requires a lot of athleticism and hard work and pace. Sadly we are lacking in all those departments at the minute.

When guys like Mendes and Edu come back into the side, and Fleck is given regular game time, then we will see an improvement in those departments you mention

Either one of Kev or Papaguys teams (tu)

Good thread actually because I often get the feeling that we would be alot more successful if Smith would just pick the best players

Also interesting to see Boyd now spearheading most of the sides, well done to him

Ideally?

:mcgregor:

:mcmillan: :bougherra: :wilson: :papac:

:edu: :mendes:

:davis: :fleck: :Naismith:

:boyd:

Thats probably about is good as we've got.

Thats about the best although I would suggest it would work better with a target man, someone Lafferty was surely bought to be.