The defence next year

littletomlin

Well we will probably buy a CH and there is Webster and Wilson too. B'foot and Papac were originally CHs so they can be brought in in an emergency. Ross Perry is also getting older now too.

A Wilson / Webster partnership really grabs my imagination.

Slightly off topic, but people are saying we'll probably buy one in the summer; when do you think we will be able to start buying players again?

We will definitely buy players if:

1. We win the SPL and

2. We sell a few players and raise 10m+ cash.

Has Andy Webster become some sort of savior over the last few weeks or something? I don't want him back at Rangers, and if he's going to be our 1st choice center back, then we are in trouble - we might aswell offer David Weir a new contract as he's more reliable; a better player, and not injury prone.

Depends on who leaves? Smith, Weir and Broadfoot are out of contract, Bougherra will probably move on. At this moment in time, we need a RB, CB and LB, and that's without anyone going. Unfortunatley we don't have any money, but there is only so long you can go on for without bringing anyone in!

We should be releasing some of the duds who are out of contract, and looking to bring in some good bosmans!

If Webster continues with his present form for Utd, and remains injury free I wouldn't mind seeing him given a final chance for us irrespective of who the manager might be. Based on our current players, and if Bougherra is sold, then I have no qualms playing Wilson on a regular basis, as I said possibly partner Webster, if Broadfoot contintues with his current form then I don't mind him playing at right back with McMillan pushing him for a place. On the left we still have Papac and I would like to see Wylde push him for a place, on top of that Little hasn't found his position yet and Perry will be back even though I think he will get released.

Anyway, it's all ifs and buts, there should be new owners by the end of the season if not by the next transfer window and with some players being sold/end of contracts then I'm sure whoever will be able to provide funds for some new players.

I am sceptical of anyone buying Rangers. we have been up for sale for around three years now and no takers and there is now a larger debt and less money in the SPL.

My feeling is we will win the SPL and Ally will be manager next season and SDM will still be the majority shareholder. next Summer should be very interesting indeed.