Hardman defender

rugal

aye we've all been moaning about midfield and striking wise. But it occured to me just now on the shitter, we havenae had a hard man defender for a while.

I mean someone like terry butcher, graham roberts, someone who can put the fear of god in someone like showpony samaras or make mcdonald shit himself , soiling his trunks, and afraid to do anything in case the shit comes out in fronta 50.000 supporters.

I wouldnae disagree i cant think of someone out there we could pick up on the cheap and develop and sell on.

Boumsong was the last true hard man we had.. but there must be some big black african out there 18-19 years old, arsene wenger havnae had all a them surely? Or some tough danish or swedish defender like a mellberg?

What do yous all think, guide us on this one. :sherlock:

aye i know bouggie is hard, but he's got flair too and ability to go forward.

Im talkin about someone with a reputation as being a brick wall and impossible to pass. I hate to mention a septic player but that bobo balde he is what am talking aboot or a sol campbell 10-12 years ago.

Im talkin about someone with a reputation as being a brick wall and impossible to pass. I hate to mention a septic player but that bobo balde he is what am talking aboot or a sol campbell 10-12 years ago.

aye but aht jaun ghuy at the back gazza caldwell and his bruver wid be pyoor amazin ae getha 4 us mhan :rolleyes:

Balde was pish

Something is telling me that last night what kris done was hard for you to take. The last 3 threads you have started have been iffy. Any1 who thinks boumsong was a hard man has defo slept with a priest

u didnae understand me, Boumsong was almost effeminate and that was what put tae fear of god in strikers. So he was a different kind of hardman.

opposition players didnae want him to touch them,so he made them fuck up, but he did put in a shift and had prescence. Thats what im talking about. Davvy weir he's done good by us, but he's 41, and a bit of a bean pole. He fell flat on his arse against the dutch

Something is telling me that last night what kris done was hard for you to take. The last 3 threads you have started have been iffy. Any1 who thinks boumsong was a hard man has defo slept with a priest

I said words to those effects and my posts got removed.

Interesting.

If ya carry on like this pal youll be gettin a galsgow kiss wee man! :sherlock:

or an oirish alter boy bonking? :pierre:

plastic whats it like anyway wae monkeyheid? and being like barcelona

or an oirish alter boy bonking? :pierre:

plastic whats it like anyway wae monkeyheid? and being like barcelona

Careful now, this post may be subject to deletion. :ph34r:

Balde was pish

Balde was bloody effective in the SPL and really only got found out in Europe.

Personally I thought Cuellar was pretty rugged, although not a dirty player - I'd rather have someone like that than an out and out hatchet man who gives away a lot of free kicks. We can always play McCulloch at CB if we want that

Balde was pish

as an all round footballer yes but he was a hard player, won most things in the air and just went through strikers to get the ball. Slow as a tortoise and any decent team could pass the ball round him easily enough but he was a solid enough player. He was a right pain in the arse in old firm games when we tried long ball football as he won everything. I think he was more effective than what they have at the moment which is what i always found hilarious about his situation at celtic. Their best centre back sitting in the stands getting paid a fortune.

Balde was pish

as an all round footballer yes but he was a hard player, won most things in the air and just went through strikers to get the ball. Slow as a tortoise and any decent team could pass the ball round him easily enough but he was a solid enough player. He was a right pain in the arse in old firm games when we tried long ball football as he won everything. I think he was more effective than what they have at the moment which is what i always found hilarious about his situation at celtic. Their best centre back sitting in the stands getting paid a fortune.

aye well put thats what im talking aboot

If I seen a Rangers centre half putting in some of the tackles that supposed hardmen like McManus, Dods & Tokley do I'd be f*cking embarassed.

I think we will need a centre half come the Summer, but I'd rather we targetted guys who could get the better of players by using their ability to defend rather than kick their way through a game.

If I seen a Rangers centre half putting in some of the tackles that supposed hardmen like McManus, Dods & Tokley do I'd be f*cking embarassed.

I think we will need a centre half come the Summer, but I'd rather we targetted guys who could get the better of players by using their ability to defend rather than kick their way through a game.

Agreed.

A defender/midfielder who wasn't scared to put the boot in would be nice too. Ferguson/McCall/Ricksen/Hurlock - someone like that.

edit: Ian Ferguson, not Barry. :pipe:

aye we've all been moaning about midfield and striking wise. But it occured to me just now on the shitter, we havenae had a hard man defender for a while.

I mean someone like terry butcher, graham roberts, someone who can put the fear of god in someone like showpony samaras or make mcdonald shit himself , soiling his trunks, and afraid to do anything in case the shit comes out in fronta 50.000 supporters.

I wouldnae disagree i cant think of someone out there we could pick up on the cheap and develop and sell on.

Boumsong was the last true hard man we had.. but there must be some big black african out there 18-19 years old, arsene wenger havnae had all a them surely? Or some tough danish or swedish defender like a mellberg?

What do yous all think, guide us on this one. :sherlock:

Fcuk off ya walloper, that's whit a think ! :sherlock: