When even mediocre players can earn £70 000 weekly

It's quite simple.

We cannot compete with English Premier teams financially. If it comes to a straight choice between an EPL team and Rangers we have little chance nowadays unless the player prefers prestige instead of pockest full of cash.

With most players being advised by exploitative agents, money rules the modern game.

Can the EPL continue in this vein though? They are so dependent on Sky's money that there would be an even bigger catastrophe than the old 1st division's if that were ever to wane.

At the moment of course the EPL is in high demand and broadcasters will continue to bid silly money for the rights but I do wonder if it is sustainable in the long-term.

As much as i hate the EPL, i applaud the people who run/ran it like David Crozier, they ran the league as a business and where hugely successful a good change of management is required as ALL teams where left short-changed from the Setanta deal and over the next few years the league can either be like Wales or like England

Will it help us in the sense that we won't be able to beat prem and championship clubs from a money point of view so anyone coming to us will come cause they want to win things and play in europe?

Mercenarys will go south?

Just a thought.

Long term perhaps not but with dwindling attendances at matches because of live games, then TV ain't going anywhere fast.

Outwith the top 4 or 5 teams (plus Newcastle of course) avg attendances are down.... so even though money is being thrown at the EPL from sky, I think that eventually something has to give, I see a lot of clubs are planning to cut admission prices next season but what about the season after .... most clubs are currently spending over 60% of turnover in wages, that will reduce next season with the additional money from sky but players arent daft..they will know that with the extra money coming in, salaries will go up again...I really hope that Platini stays true to his word and cuts allocation of CL places for the bigger nations...

the flip side to the EPL is what happens to the 3 teams that go down.... look at Leeds... one minute they were almost in the CL final....now they are destined to drop to league 1....look at West Ham... one of the top 6 wage bills in EPL... destined to go down, about 15 first team players will have to be sold off, I am sure the Icelandic consortium didnt plan to lose out on the 30M bonus next season and if they dont make it back up next season...I predict another Leeds style meltdown....the EPL is setup to keep the to 4 clubs rich and happy...the rest are there purely to make up the numbers....

The arse will fall out of football unless wages are capped and transfer fees brought back to a compensation package.

£10m for average players on £70k a week is not sustainable and has to stop otherwise season ticket prices will rise to the rediculous stopping people from going and the domino effect takes place.

The EPL will not carry on as is,apart from the top 5 or 6 they are playing to half empty stadiums with people preferring the pub to the ground.

Championship games command bigger crowds than most premier league games.