If the game was called off tomorrow

numansnewman

If Celtic genuinely cared about the paying public then the game should be called off as soon as possible. It's not just about the weather conditions in Glasgow, fans are travelling from all over the UK and many roads will be closed.

The problem is Lawwell has backed himself into a corner after his comments regarding the Kilmarnock game and will do everything in his power to keep this game on.

You are making it sound like the country is at a standstill, most roads are perfectly fine.

Complete overreaction.

And of course you know the weather conditions throughout the whole of the UK because..............?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Celtic genuinely cared about the paying public then the game should be called off as soon as possible. It's not just about the weather conditions in Glasgow, fans are travelling from all over the UK and many roads will be closed.

The problem is Lawwell has backed himself into a corner after his comments regarding the Kilmarnock game and will do everything in his power to keep this game on.

You are making it sound like the country is at a standstill, most roads are perfectly fine.

Complete overreaction.

And of course you know the weather conditions throughout the whole of the UK because..............?

He's the weather man :pierre:

Complete overreaction.

And you know what the roads outside parkhead are like because of something your friend told you? :lol:

Has there been any rain in Glasgow at all? We've got loads of ice up here after last nights showers.

No rain just snow throughout the day, main roads ok , small roads passable with care. I expect the roads to be fine by the morning , the pavements where lethal up until todays snow, no with the fresh snow they are not a slippy as they where. You cant tell with the weather or the police but i reckon conditions are no worse than our dundee utd match mid-week.

So i think it will go ahead

i dont personally think it will be called off, but apparently there was car crashes as fans were heading to the united and aberdeen game,

sky and that can do what they want, but if the coppers believe there will be travel trouble for 60,000 fans getting and leaving the game, they wll call it off

remember the polis like the fans to disperse right away, if the buses cant go because the weather may deteriorate during the game then they will use their powers and call it off

it all depends on how the night goes, if the snow freezes up, gritters may not be able to get out to deal with the roads

I drove past ra Stydome just after 6-30hrs this evening, the first post is most accurate.

Both Kerrydale Street and Kinloch Street have a topping of grey slush that was beginning to freeze. They looked treacherous. London Road is similar. The car park so beloved of green'n'grey protesters has NOT been cleared, half an inch of ice with a dusting of today's snow. Glasgow City Council have not treated any pavements since this weather began over two weeks past, all the approaches to ra Stydome are in piss poor order.

Given the prediction of sub-zero tempretures overnight and a 12.30 kick-off, Lawwell must ensure ra Sellik's footprint is tickety-boo and only has a couple of hours of daylight tomorrow morning to do so.

Let's see if the Police are genuinely concerned for public safety?

I should point out that I did NOT see a single gritter this afternoon.

Complete overreaction.

I regularly watch the weather forecast and listen to the traffic reports when i have the radio on. You know, the same way everyone else find these things out. <cr>

Complete overreaction.

Main roads will be salted and gritted and thus perfectly drivable with care, unless there's a national strike of gritters im not aware of :rolleyes:

I live right behind Celtic Park and I've just driven to my mums in Bridgeton and back. I cut through the back gate of Celtic park and came down Kerrydale Street onto London Road. It's been ploughed and isn't as bad as being made out. :/

The weather forecasts thus far have been pretty shite to say the least, snow was not forecast for yesterday or today, and guess what... its pretty white outside.

BBC now saying -8 in Glasgow.

The Met Office are saying -11.

I can tell you the pavements and walkways in and around the girodome are covered in snow and icing over, main roads are clear enough, although side streets are in bad nick.

Im guessing they will be out very early doors, with the gritters.

I live right behind Celtic Park and I've just driven to my mums in Bridgeton and back. I cut through the back gate of Celtic park and came down Kerrydale Street onto London Road. It's been ploughed and isn't as bad as being made out. :/

Remember it Glasgow City Council and they always look after their own !!

And you know what the roads outside parkhead are like because of something your friend told you? :lol:

I drove past ra Stydome just after 6-30hrs this evening, the first post is most accurate.

Both Kerrydale Street and Kinloch Street have a topping of grey slush that was beginning to freeze. They looked treacherous. London Road is similar. The car park so beloved of green'n'grey protesters has NOT been cleared, half an inch of ice with a dusting of today's snow. Glasgow City Council have not treated any pavements since this weather began over two weeks past, all the approaches to ra Stydome are in piss poor order.

Given the prediction of sub-zero tempretures overnight and a 12.30 kick-off, Lawwell must ensure ra Sellik's footprint is tickety-boo and only has a couple of hours of daylight tomorrow morning to do so.

Let's see if the Police are genuinely concerned for public safety?

I should point out that I did NOT see a single gritter this afternoon.

Sorry Warden, nice try! :rolleyes:

The weather forecasts thus far have been pretty shite to say the least, snow was not forecast for yesterday or today, and guess what... its pretty white outside.

BBC now saying -8 in Glasgow.

The Met Office are saying -11.

I can tell you the pavements and walkways in and around the girodome are covered in snow and icing over, main roads are clear enough, although side streets are in bad nick.

Im guessing they will be out very early doors, with the gritters.

http://metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/st/glas...st_weather.html

Point out where it says -11???? -6 is the minimum the met have forecast. The BBC forecast is pish.