Goram on skysports

WeeBlue

Andy Goram talking on skysports just now, says we cant afford to sell Boyd or McGregor in the January transfer window but we could sell Bougie as he's replaceable...

Thoughts? Is he replaceable? I dont think so. :craphead:

Not with our current financial situation.

If we want to win the treble all of our top players must be kept and that includes Madjid Bougherra.

Thankfully due to the ACON i can't see him moving in this transfer window.

Andy Goram talking on skysports just now, says we cant afford to sell Boyd or McGregor in the January transfer window but we could sell Bougie as he's replaceable...

Thoughts? Is he replaceable? I dont think so. :craphead:

Well, the fact a just turned 18 year old did just fine against (arguably) our hardest game of the season, seems to suggest.... of course he is! We might not want to, but of course he is. Look back in time? Is McCoist replaceable? Cooper? Laudrup? Gough? McCall?

Everyone is

Yes, he is. We thought the same about Cuellar.

I dont think we can even think about takin the risk.... Unless Cuellar fancys a loan move back.

How much would we get for Bougie?

Yes, he is. We thought the same about Cuellar.

I dont think we can even think about takin the risk.... Unless Cuellar fancys a loan move back.

How much would we get for Bougie?

Not sure. Valuing players isn't my speciality. :sherlock:

Difficult one to call in all honesty, yes Wilson is doing brilliant but what if Wilson got injured? Perry should be back from his loan spell soon and I would like to see him get a run out against one of the lower sides to see if he does have it, Little arguably can play as a defender but I don't think that is enough cover.

Yesterday showed that Bougherra and Miller are our two most important players.

Wilson isn't ready to replace him.

Disagree fully mate, although, we did miss them. The massive difference yesterday, was missig Novo and Beasley out wide I think. We had no width, and no pace. Over the last few games, we pretty much conceded a goal a game, as we did yesterday, so, defensively no different to what had been, so, not sure how anyone can say Wilson isnt ready, since, the defence did just as well ;)

Lacking the pace and width, meant we couldnt play the way we had been doing

Disagree fully mate, although, we did miss them. The massive difference yesterday, was missig Novo and Beasley out wide I think. We had no width, and no pace. Over the last few games, we pretty much conceded a goal a game, as we did yesterday, so, defensively no different to what had been, so, not sure how anyone can say Wilson isnt ready, since, the defence did just as well ;)

I think it was massively different to what it has been over the past few games.

Without Bougherra the defence spent the majoirty of the game playing 15-20 yards deeper than they do when he is there and it did nothing but invite Celtic onto us.

Wilson might be a talent, but he doesn't have the pace or powerhouse attacking menatlity that Bougherra does abnd to think that he could replace him, is unfair on the lad IMO.

Without Bougherra the defence spent the majoirty of the game playing 15-20 yards deeper than they do when he is there and it did nothing but invite Celtic onto us.

Wilson might be a talent, but he doesn't have the pace or powerhouse attacking menatlity that Bougherra does abnd to think that he could replace him, is unfair on the lad IMO.

Aye, but a lot of the difference was, we were bombing forward in wide areas, and, not letting teams settle, couldnt do that yesterday without them. All we had to do when another team tried to attack, was dink it out wide and they were on the back foot, we didnt have that option. Bit of both maybe? ;)

I never understand the unfair thing, because, the lad is at Rangers, pretty much a 1st team squad player, and, its what he wants to do, so, its more unfair NOT having him in the side. That being said, I would prefer he replaced Weir, but, if needs must.....

Have to agree with most of that DBBTB. Anyway, why the hell would Wilson be considered as replacement for a right-sided CB when he's a left-sided CB? Makes zero sense to me. :pierre: