The debt we are in

numansnewman

Because our revenue isnt nearly as large as theirs is.

or is our assets.

But the revenue being the biggie when the RST jumped on the Duffy bandwagon - they just couldn't see it.

If we had a tv deal similar to what clubs based in Europe get - then our debt would be wiped in a few seasons. If we got the same as they did in Europe for tv rights then we would never have the debt that we do in the first place.

The deloitte table will tell you who the big guns are, its dominated by the top 4 from spain, italy and germany along with most of the EPL and 1 or 2 from France. Big leagues, big clubs, big money.

Rangers used to be top 15 - 20, but since we starting downsizing, weve went down, missing out on Europe is a killer for us and it should not be acceptable.

I dont want my club in debt at all, if it means we are constantly having to pay the bank money which we should be investing in the team and club, that is unacceptable. If the club is run correctly we would be fine but weve been run shambolically in last 10 years and now the bank has stepped in and told us to sort it out. They are not running the club but they wont lend us any more money to splash out, we must get that ourselves and our owner refuses to give us any more money despite still taking the season book money and merchandise money and all the rest, he still has to repay the fucking debt and then tells us we have no money to buy players and the debts went up. Work that one out.

Its a disgrace and probably the main factor why most fans are eager for a change at the top. I certainly am, i cant wait. We dont need Sheiks or Arabs or Billionnaires, we need a clever man or men who are hungry for success with good contacts and plenty of ambition. Having a few bob wouldnt hurt either.

Because there is absolutely no money in the SPL

Exactly. Look at the paltry sums involved just now. The rest of the SPL reckon they could survive without us or the scum. Can't really see ESPN bidding for tv rights to show Hamilton v Killie at 1230 on a Sunday. Another point is that the only time the other 10 clubs get a decent away support is when it's us or them in attendance.

You can buy a ticket for a European game for around €15 yet here you will be at least £23 to watch us. Doesn't seem like a big difference, but over time it mounts up.

The deloitte table will tell you who the big guns are, its dominated by the top 4 from spain, italy and germany along with most of the EPL and 1 or 2 from France. Big leagues, big clubs, big money.

Rangers used to be top 15 - 20, but since we starting downsizing, weve went down, missing out on Europe is a killer for us and it should not be acceptable.

I dont want my club in debt at all, if it means we are constantly having to pay the bank money which we should be investing in the team and club, that is unacceptable. If the club is run correctly we would be fine but weve been run shambolically in last 10 years and now the bank has stepped in and told us to sort it out. They are not running the club but they wont lend us any more money to splash out, we must get that ourselves and our owner refuses to give us any more money despite still taking the season book money and merchandise money and all the rest, he still has to repay the fucking debt and then tells us we have no money to buy players and the debts went up. Work that one out.

Its a disgrace and probably the main factor why most fans are eager for a change at the top. I certainly am, i cant wait. We dont need Sheiks or Arabs or Billionnaires, we need a clever man or men who are hungry for success with good contacts and plenty of ambition. Having a few bob wouldnt hurt either.

top4 in spain..debt,milan share a ground..why are we so bad..WORLDWIDE we are massive..bad management,it must be

top4 in spain..debt,milan share a ground..why are we so bad..WORLDWIDE we are massive..bad management,it must be

Ive already said its bad management, extremely bad, it cannot be denied these bigger countries get much more TV money than us, that is why they have bigger audiences, sometimes more fans, more money, better players sometimes even but that doesnt mean we NEED to suffer, if managed correctly we could be a great club, weve already proved our turnover can be up there with the big boys when we have a successful year, we dont need the big TV money, sure it would be nice, but its not critical to Rangers FC survival or progression, that is a myth.

Your right, we are a massive institution, but were a small fish the world bowl, thats why we have to be smarter and we need to work harder, that Protestant work ethic that was instilled by Mr Struth has gone, even the pennies that SPL football provides has sucked the fabric of our club right out and people think its all about money, its not. Its about being good at playing football and being clever with so many hundreds of thousands of fans money.

Marketing and merchandising is a huge part of any clubs income stream too and sadly our marketing and merchandising side of things is not good enough, not nearly good enough for Rangers FC, its shocking.

The truth is for years we spent way beyond our means.

As Murray likes to say, time and time again, "you have to cut your cloth accordingly", well if he'd have done that we wouldn't be in the shit we are, AGAIN, but I digress.

Teams in Spain, Italy, France, Germany all generate their TV money separately (They sell their own rights), England (Premiership) has a sponsorship deal worth billions thanks to SKY and the bottom team in the EPL get's a minimum £30 million and then, if they are relegated, they get a parachute payment of £25 million to lessen the hardship.

Our sponsorship, the SPL, is worth a measly £25-30 million.

Murray has a lot to answer for with regards to our debt and the way he has handled our club.

Funny how when, both times we announce debts so large he seems to disappear into the background and get off rather fucking lightly.

Ive already said its bad management, extremely bad, it cannot be denied these bigger countries get much more TV money than us, that is why they have bigger audiences, sometimes more fans, more money, better players sometimes even but that doesnt mean we NEED to suffer, if managed correctly we could be a great club, weve already proved our turnover can be up there with the big boys when we have a successful year, we dont need the big TV money, sure it would be nice, but its not critical to Rangers FC survival or progression, that is a myth.

Your right, we are a massive institution, but were a small fish the world bowl, thats why we have to be smarter and we need to work harder, that Protestant work ethic that was instilled by Mr Struth has gone, even the pennies that SPL football provides has sucked the fabric of our club right out and people think its all about money, its not. Its about being good at playing football and being clever with so many hundreds of thousands of fans money.

Marketing and merchandising is a huge part of any clubs income stream too and sadly our marketing and merchandising side of things is not good enough, not nearly good enough for Rangers FC, its shocking.

so flecky..who ?..as a silly one simon cowall and barry hearn turn EVERYTHING round.

us ?????????

<cr> not sure what you mean

they manage media,media pays the money..or are you at it ?

I dont think Simon Cowell would have much to do with making any money for Rangers via the media at any point.

you are probebly right..new show "SPL HAS TALENT",its a no goer

Liverpool and Man Utd can cover that debt due to the TV money and the fact they have multi-millionaire backers who can cover the debt.

The only reason the bank are looking at Rangers so closely isn't the level of debt but the fact that Murray doesn't have the cash to bail us out if the worst happened.

Because our revenue isnt nearly as large as theirs is.

we are worldwide..liverpool or real m are not as big as us

Are you serious.......................... <cr> .

Real Madrid are the BIGGEST, MOST

FAMOUS, HAVE MOST FANS & ARE THE RICHEST CLUB IN THE WORLD.

LIVERPOOL are a worldwide brand also having won more European trophies than all of Scotlands teams put together x 2 or 3.

Blue tinted specs or what <cr>

There is a downward spiral in Scotland in all fronts.

Economic conditions, TV loot and probably, most importantly local talent.

There is no real quality coming thro'. Perhaps the odd "diamond" like Wilson but nowhere near enough.

Another factor for revenue is replica shirt sales i.e. in the Far East and Asia. They are interested in English and Spanish clubs not us. I had to laugh at Liewells latest "global stunt" and signing another "dog muncher" from Korea.

He dragged in about 30 students for the "signing ceremony" (probably off the street) and slapped the green and grey hoops on them and made it look like some kind of hysteria was going on. What a complete and utter fanny!

Liverpool and Man Utd can cover that debt due to the TV money and the fact they have multi-millionaire backers who can cover the debt.

The only reason the bank are looking at Rangers so closely isn't the level of debt but the fact that Murray doesn't have the cash to bail us out if the worst happened.

man united and liverpool are actually in a bit more trouble than you'd believe

man uniteds backers lost their main financial clout when one of the biggest banks in america went tits up due to the recession etc

liverpool have been in trouble since the yankees took over, some have claimed that all they planned was to buy the club and then sell to the arabs for a big profit, unfortunately the arabs dont like liverpool it seems and hicks etc are stuck with liverpool and not interested in financially backing the club (doesnt help that benitez wastes a lot of cash either)

they wont ever go bust, but as you will see they wont be spending anywhere near what they take in for the forseeable future

I hope a new owner comes in because the club needs a change as for the debt its only 31 million that will be more than halved during the summer with the 15 million we get from the cl and if we win the spl we get 3 mill also the season ticket sales will bring in more money even tho it wont be counted untill the new figures are made public,that should make us around total of 20 million just for this season. Also winning the spl gets us another 10 mill and when the scum dont make the group stages that will make it up to 15 again even tho figures wont come out until later this year if u think about it this way we should be debt free starting next season, and them more people would be intrested in buying the club they might just wait untill the summer and start a fresh who knows

I hope a new owner comes in because the club needs a change as for the debt its only 31 million that will be more than halved during the summer with the 15 million we get from the cl and if we win the spl we get 3 mill also the season ticket sales will bring in more money even tho it wont be counted untill the new figures are made public,that should make us around total of 20 million just for this season. Also winning the spl gets us another 10 mill and when the scum dont make the group stages that will make it up to 15 again even tho figures wont come out until later this year if u think about it this way we should be debt free starting next season, and them more people would be intrested in buying the club they might just wait untill the summer and start a fresh who knows

and when that happens we might be able to buy 1 new player.

and when that happens we might be able to buy 1 new player.

Yes but it would give us a better chance of finding a buyer