Davie Weir

lewisrfc93

FFS how harsh,

davie weir is a class act, hoofs the ball yes, but how many mistakes does he make?

theres 1 this season i can think of- home vs hibs. thats it,

the slip vs accies could hardly be classed as his fault.

ICT at home last season. I am not trying to get on the guys back am just saying.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FFS how harsh,

davie weir is a class act, hoofs the ball yes, but how many mistakes does he make?

made quite a few mistakes maybe not leading to a goal but very dangerous

FFS how harsh,

ICT at home last season. I am not trying to get on the guys back am just saying.

i knew someone would bring it up, hence why i've just added bold :P

Hahah apologies I didn't see that! lol

He's past it IMO.

well past it IMO

He's done a great job but I think he'll hang his boots up in the summer, it's a shame we didn't sign him a few years before we did.

im not denying hes done a great job but his time is up and im sick of this just hoof the ball up the park every fucking week

He's still very fit , his performances have never dropped and he has always stayed consistent.

He has also came out and said he could play on for a few more years so no he isn't past it.

Just because he is old doesn't mean he is past it , if he is still fit enough and good enough then he should keep playing and he certainly is.

He's still very fit , his performances have never dropped and he has always stayed consistent.

He has also came out and said he could play on for a few more years so no he isn't past it.

Just because he is old doesn't mean he is past it , if he is still fit enough and good enough then he should keep playing and he certainly is.

I said he's past it IMO, he makes too many mistakes for me, and as lewisrfc93 said 'that punt' gets on everybodies tits. :anguish:

I said he's past it IMO, he makes too many mistakes for me, and as lewisrfc93 said 'that punt' gets on everybodies tits. :anguish:

Name 2 or 3 mistakes he has made this season and I agree the punt is very annoying but there is no point in him trying to pick a pass if he cant do it

And Its not just him that plays the punt up , Most of the team do it.

Big Davie is the rock that our defence is built around, sure he cant pass more than 10 yards, but what he lacks in passing ability he makes up for with his reading of the game. Without him at the back I dont think Wilson would have looked as good. But I agree with the OP that he should leave, but not until hes won us the second title, back in its spiritual home.

Three cheers for the establishment!

Name 2 or 3 mistakes he has made this season and I agree the punt is very annoying but there is no point in him trying to pick a pass if he cant do it

Can't think, but he definately has. Minor ones but still could prove costly.

Can't think, but he definately has. Minor ones but still could prove costly.

hes had a good few. ie. passing the straight to the opposition 25 yards out from goal, playing passes short to our own players which has gave the opposition a chance at goal - these mistakes will cause up big time one day

Weir's passing has always been rotten, nothing new there.

He has played in every spl game so far this season and is very rarely injured. Does a job for us at center half and I wouldn't bet against him still being here next season.

Has done a great job bringing Wilson on this season. Very good reader of the game and makes the hard things when defending look easy, rarely caught out for pace against much younger and faster forwards.

All in all a great signing by Smith.

Rather have a centre back who can defend well and hoof the ball up the park thant someone who passes the ball out but makes error after error, he's and old school centre back, he does what he has to, it does annoy me at times as well with his long ball but you could maybe blame the midfield for not coming short at times and giving him no option but 2 try and long ball it

As far as Weir goes, some people aren't going to appreciate him until he is gone.

The guys has been absolutely crucial to our success over the past few years, yet we still have people on here slating him because he doesn't have Nesta-esque distribution and it's a load of balls IMO.

If Butcher is a Hall Of Famer then Weir is too IMO.

danny wilson was brilliant again the night. young player of the year anyone

At this moment in time Stokes or Griffiths are the young player of the year.

Wilson has been steady, but nowhere near as good as some people make him out to be on here.

I agree, Young Rangers Player of the Year however...nae bother!