David Sullivan hints that Dyer should retire

Jimbo.

Sullivan hints at Dyer retirement

West Ham co-chairman David Sullivan has suggested that injury-plagued midfielder Kieron Dyer should consider retiring from football.

Dyer_2327938.jpg Dyer: Tough time at Hammers

Dyer has played just 18 games for West Ham since joining the club in the summer of 2007 for £6million. The 31-year-old is currently recovering from a niggling hamstring injury and it is unknown when he will be available for Gianfranco Zola's side

Sullivan, who took control of West Ham last month with David Gold, has now suggested that Dyer should retire as part of a series of drastic cost-cutting measures being undertaken at Upton Park under the new regime.

Sullivan, who has slammed the running of the club under their former owners, did not name Dyer, but all indications suggest he was talking about the former Newcastle man. There is one player who hardly plays at all who might have to accept retirement," Sullivan is quoted as saying in the Daily Telegraph.

Sullivan admits they have no choice but to cut costs at Upton Park as they look to deal with the club's £110million debt.

"We have to cut some overheads, staff who are on the administration side and support staff for the team and work down the contracts we have inherited which are terrible," added Sullivan. On players' contracts, Sullivan noted: "We cannot rip them up under football league rules, you are stuck with these contracts. We have to let them run down or do deals with players."

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He is right tho. Keiron Dyer has been robbin clubs dry for years and he is in no position to play anymore! Anyone with any decency would retire!!!

Why should he stop playing football to suit West Ham's financial position?

He's only 31 ffs!

He is right tho. Keiron Dyer has been robbin clubs dry for years and he is in no position to play anymore! Anyone with any decency would retire!!!

He's only 31 ffs!

Because he has only played 18 games in 2 1/2 years

He's only 31 ffs!

How many games did Durrant play in the two years after his injury?

Should he have retired?

He's only 31 ffs!

Should he have retired?

Tbf was Durrant on 60k a week ?

He's only 31 ffs!

Should he have retired?

He shouldn't be forced to give up his recovery because they've been stupid enough to give him a big contract.

He's only 31 ffs!

Should he have retired?

He shouldn't be forced to give up his recovery because they've been stupid enough to give him a big contract.

i hate being at work and trying to post on here , was going to add to my post that i feel that this shouldnt be done in Public but have a private chat with the individual and see if some arangements could be made for him to change his contract and stay and get fit again using the clubs facilities or a pay off and still alow him to recouperate with the club etc , not aired in public in a newspaper.

and tbf to the chairman/men it wasnt them who gave him the contact but some nutters from Iceland .

i hate being at work and trying to post on here , was going to add to my post that i feel that this shouldnt be done in Public but have a private chat with the individual and see if some arangements could be made for him to change his contract and stay and get fit again using the clubs facilities or a pay off and still alow him to recouperate with the club etc , not aired in public in a newspaper.

and tbf to the chairman/men it wasnt them who gave him the contact but some nutters from Iceland .

That's hardly Dyer's fault though is it?!

No I agree with you on that

No I agree with you on that

I don't even see how thats applicable to the argument either.

Why should an owner decide that a footballer should retire?

Can't really say anything that hasn't been said. But don't really think a player who is hardly playing for a club should be getting paid so much to do nothing.

Maybe retiring from football may be a bit muh, but Dyer should at least agree to terminate his contract, and find a new club that will take him on knowing that he will be constantly injured.

Can't really say anything that hasn't been said. But don't really think a player who is hardly playing for a club should be getting paid so much to do nothing.

Maybe retiring from football may be a bit muh, but Dyer should at least agree to terminate his contract, and find a new club that will take him on knowing that he will be constantly injured.

So you do agree then...

Dyer should retire - what an offensive thing to say.

Dyer is a talented footballer who's had serious injury problems - although the fact that he's injury prone hasn't really been too evident at West Ham, considering the fact that the majority of the time he was out with a broken leg - hardly fucking related to being injury prone.

He'll recover, and play in the lower leagues.

So you do agree then...

Was just a wee maybe.

More I think about it, seems harsh. But he should get himself told.

So you do agree then...

Was just a wee maybe.

Keep thinking about it until you realise it was totally ridiculous thing for an owner to suggest.

So you do agree then...

Was just a wee maybe.

Keep thinking about it until you realise it was totally ridiculous thing for an owner to suggest. I'm always right.

:pierre: