Big DJ in the Evening Times

didyounowrong

Good evening fellow Bears, have just registered on the site and am a first-time poster (on any forum)

Apologies if this item has already been covered but I have just read an article on the Evening Times website where big Derek claims "Walter Smith was right to again point out the financial difficulties at Ibrox.

Even if Rangers win the league title and gain entry to the Champions League next season, it doesn’t mean everything is going to be much better in the summer.

As manager, he has to let the supporters know what the state of play is.

And, if things remain unchanged come the summer, it won’t be good for Rangers and further cuts will be required.

However, I am still confident the club will be under the control of new ownership by the end of the season.

There are things happening behind the scenes, I’m hearing bits and pieces here and there without knowing anything concrete.

I think something will happen on that front in the next month or two.

And what a massive lift that would give the Rangers supporters, management and players if it were to happen as they are still pushing for the championship and other trophies."

Now I have seen some criticism from Bears directed at DJ in the past, but I was wondering if the big man does indeed know anything about this, or is this just pure speculation to add some spice to his column?

Anyone know what the crack is???

"There are things happening behind the scenes, I’m hearing bits and pieces here and there without knowing anything concrete."

Sounds pretty conclusive to me :craphead:

Think I have agree with your cynicism Emerson. I would love to believe the big man but I don't know how well connected he is with real inside info?

DJ talks fucking pish im sick of him saying things like that,imo he knows absolute fuck all because i remember in December hearing him on the radio saying he was 90% sure we would be taken over by January,load of pish i dont trust a word he says

"There are things happening behind the scenes, I’m hearing bits and pieces here and there without knowing anything concrete."

Sounds pretty conclusive to me :craphead:

Think I have agree with your cynicism Emerson. I would love to believe the big man but I don't know how well connected he is with real inside info?

Sorry mate, its just we have heard these sound bites all too often recently and there are large pinches of salt being taken! As said, DJ has been saying something will happen for so long now, when it does (and I think it will too) he will be the first to say "I told you so!"

Welcome to rm, I hear dj saying things will happen soon, I really want to believe him but I don't know if he says more than his prayers at times lol

DJ talks fucking pish im sick of him saying things like that,imo he knows absolute fuck all because i remember in December hearing him on the radio saying he was 90% sure we would be taken over by January,load of pish i dont trust a word he says

AS ABOVE ....not much dj says comes to fruition tbh ....

so salt and pinch come to mind...

anyway welcome mate hope you have a long stay on here .....

cheers mate, tell it like it is!!!

thanks for the laugh :clap:

Good evening fellow Bears, have just registered on the site and am a first-time poster (on any forum)

Apologies if this item has already been covered but I have just read an article on the Evening Times website where big Derek claims "Walter Smith was right to again point out the financial difficulties at Ibrox.

Even if Rangers win the league title and gain entry to the Champions League next season, it doesn’t mean everything is going to be much better in the summer.

As manager, he has to let the supporters know what the state of play is.

And, if things remain unchanged come the summer, it won’t be good for Rangers and further cuts will be required.

However, I am still confident the club will be under the control of new ownership by the end of the season.

There are things happening behind the scenes, I’m hearing bits and pieces here and there without knowing anything concrete.

I think something will happen on that front in the next month or two.

And what a massive lift that would give the Rangers supporters, management and players if it were to happen as they are still pushing for the championship and other trophies."

Now I have seen some criticism from Bears directed at DJ in the past, but I was wondering if the big man does indeed know anything about this, or is this just pure speculation to add some spice to his column?

Anyone know what the crack is???

Hullo mate:

DJ has been spouting that pish since early December, he is fast becoming a joke. He's only suffered on RC as he tows the party line - ie, Sellik minded !

If you read the ET stuff, you will also see he doesn't actually write it - it usually has the disclaimer - 'as told to..xxxxx'

Having said that, I wish it was true...

Dj is full of spunk. If Walter doesn't have a clue what the fcuk is going on then I'm sure dj doesn't either. His jokes are shite too. I don't know how he can sit with those vermin listening to everything they say and not have the balls as an ex Ranger to put them in their place. Legend as a player but media wise I'd listen to chick before dj.

on clyde today they said smith only said that to get at the moneymen who had sanctioned a loan deal rangers were going to make then pulled the plug on it.

they said the wages were going to be ( either 31k or 51k / week I can`t remember )

it was agreed then they went back on it and it pissed smith off.

I think it was for a winger . maybe that guy from inter but they didn`t say who .