Whittaker and Naismith?

polar bear

I always dread when i see Naismith running onto the field. He is garbage. I feel everytime i watch the game i spend most of it shouting at Naismith he is definately not good enough to be a Rangers player. He gave away the freekick that led to the goal last night missed a penalty against St Mirren (granted we won that game but that would mean there was less pressure on him). He is absolutely garbage. If Walter wants him to get match fitness thats what the reserves are for!

Spot on mate, I feel exactly the same way. The fact that Walter obviously sees something in him is worrying.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why they both played.

Whittaker is not a winger. Playing him there is a waste. Come to mention it, he isn't a full-back either!

Naismith was dire, and has been for a while. He, like Whittaker, isn't a winger and his confidence, fitness and it would appear his ability is at rock bottom just now. I don't understand why he played, especially on a surface like that having just returned from injury.

It was a scrap, a battle, a fight. It had Nacho Novo written all over it and I would have had him in the side before any of those two.

I was also surprised that Thomson didn't play given the nature of the game and how he's played in the last few games.

Kenny Miller was also dire last night, clearly not fit and I would maybe have had Lafferty up there with Boyd since the high ball was inevitable.

Some very strange decisions indeed.

I was also surprised that Thomson didn't play given the nature of the game and how he's played in the last few games.

I wouldn't have risked Thommo on that surface either. It would've been a risk given his history for knee injuries.

Whittaker's performance in the second half was one of the worst I've ever seen from a Rangers player.

He does not have a clue how to pick up and mark a man.Did you see him(in the second half) standing in the middle of the penalty area,marking

absolutely noone,while the guy he should be marking standing all alone screaming for a wee chip,for an easy goal. <cr>

I can't defend Naismith because he's been absent for much of this season and last, but on this occasion I've got to defend Whittaker who was, once again, fucked about by our tactical genius in the dug-out.

Whoever thought it would be OK to play Whitaker at left-mid should get his arse kicked from now until next Sunday, the boy has struggled with his confidence so they stick him into a mud-field and ask him to perform in a position he's unfamiliar with............and the killer..........Kevin Thomson (left-mid) is sitting on his arse on the bench.

Nice one Walter. :(

Thomson's about as much of a left mid as Whittaker is.

I disagree.

I slightly agree with you and slightly disagree.

I would have Thomson over Whittaker anyday of the week, that's for sure, but at left midfield I am not sure. Could we have not went with three in the middle and moved Naismith upfront with Boyd and Miller? Surely that would have made more sence?

Still favour a diamond with novo or fleck behind boyd & miller.

I always dread when i see Naismith running onto the field. He is garbage. I feel everytime i watch the game i spend most of it shouting at Naismith he is definately not good enough to be a Rangers player. He gave away the freekick that led to the goal last night missed a penalty against St Mirren (granted we won that game but that would mean there was less pressure on him). He is absolutely garbage. If Walter wants him to get match fitness thats what the reserves are for!

Spot on mate, I feel exactly the same way. The fact that Walter obviously sees something in him is worrying.

Do we still have a reserve team?