No Boyd upfront

Do you think that if Boyd was getting the exact same chances now that he was in say December that he'd not be there to finish them off? Because of his form? We're creating fuck all and Naismith and mcculloch are not helping that. Let's get some width, at least 1 wide player and Boyd and miller.

When Lafferty doesn't score, it's because he's shite.

When Miller doesn't score, it's because he's a wee F*nian bastard.

When Naismith doesn't score, it's because he's inconsistent.

When Novo doesn't score, it's because he's not really that good.

When Boyd doesn't score, it's the midfield's fault. It's the wingers' fault. It's Kenny Miller's fault.

Fuck knows why he wants to leave, he won't get the same ridiculous backing anywhere but Ibrox!

Spot on (tu)

Spot on mate, Boyd seems to get special treatment with everything. if hes not on form and not scoring he should be dropped its simple. Alot of people were complaining last night McCulloch shouldnt get dropped cause hes doing what walter is asking him to doo. Well Boyd isnt scoring or performing to a high level so he should be dropped. Simple.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too, I wish he'd stay.

But he can't expect to start games because he's Kris Boyd, he has to be judged on form. Mind you, I wish Walter had the same rules for a certain midfield favourite....

Do you think that if Boyd was getting the exact same chances now that he was in say December that he'd not be there to finish them off? Because of his form? We're creating fuck all and Naismith and mcculloch are not helping that. Let's get some width, at least 1 wide player and Boyd and miller.

When Lafferty doesn't score, it's because he's shite.

When Miller doesn't score, it's because he's a wee F*nian bastard.

When Naismith doesn't score, it's because he's inconsistent.

When Novo doesn't score, it's because he's not really that good.

When Boyd doesn't score, it's the midfield's fault. It's the wingers' fault. It's Kenny Miller's fault.

Fuck knows why he wants to leave, he won't get the same ridiculous backing anywhere but Ibrox!

McB's a fucking nightmare isn't he?

Strikers rely on service, but they also have their part to play - if they are not working hard, trying to move into space, drop deep to pick up a ball, drift out wide... then they are not going to see the ball. What use is a penalty box striker out wide, or coming to the half way line to pick up a ball? I think we are wanting Boyd to do too much now, he can't be in two positions at once.

But, if the midfield are not creating anything, if good, quality balls are not being delivered, then what can they do?

We see it time and time again, every game, and on here. Our lack of pace, width, and creativity is horrific. Our final ball is poor, and bar Steven Davis, there are not many others who can deliver that quality final ball.

What use is a 60 yard thunder up the park, by-passing midfield trying to hit Boyd or Miller? We see it all too often.

Look at December - pace, width (natural), creativity, certain players in their proper position (Davis and Beasley for a start)... which brought some much needed balance to the side - everyone was playing well, the two front men were linking up, scoring goals, and being supplied for the whole 90 minutes. We didn't change our tactics to suit the opposition, we did it our way, which meant the opposition had to deal with us!

Far too negative, the wrong players playing, chopping and changing... it doesn't work.

I'm dreading this summer, and what we could be left with come the start of next season. If Boyd goes, then tough shit, we move on. I'm more worried about holding onto Davis and Bougherra, trying to get a few wide players in etc.

The football can't get any worse, but if we lose these players, and do not bring the right ones in, then it will!

Sorry but today's performance wasn't that far of what we have seen recently and proved to me the problem was not boyd... Miller had another ineffective game so will he be the one to get the bullet next?

it was miles away from what we have seen recently

we scored 3 goals, when was the last time we scored 3 goals in a league game?????

as for miller, he got the vital 3rd goal, if thats your idea of ineffective then how would you describe boyd sice he came back from injury/didnt like our contract offer (delete as applicable)

unless it was a cross, or a ball into space for miller/naismith to run into, i cant really remember a long punt up the park

recently thats all boyd brought to the game, and after sats peformance its no wonder he was ditched

We scored 4 against Hearts 2 weeks ago.

3 at home to St Mirren a month and a day ago. :)

and how many did boyd get???????

FUCK ALL.

Kris Boyd was absolutely superb in the game at Tynecastle.

And I agree with you. But he needs to score!