Markinch Memorial Fund-Please Help

markinch5

I wonder if posters on Rangers Media could be so kind as to donate to the Markinch Memorial Fund that is hoping to raise funds to give the five young lads that died on that sad day in our history a memorial that befits them . These young boys went out that day to watch their heroes in Blue and sadly never came home.

Any donations even something as small as a pound would be warmly welcomed...

paypal account: http://tinyurl.com/yj9lg2j

Thanks Again.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have u a link that details this mate? like shows plan etc?

ill donate but want to see im donating to the right thing and that its genuine.

cheers

I have pm'd admin with details of what this fund is all about. Its 110% genuine mate and its the work of a few guys that are trying to make sure that these young lads get a fitting tribute and any extra cash left over will get given to rachel house. They basically want to have the area tidied up and some flowers planted and for the memorial to be raised and refurbished.

if you post over on FF then you will be able to read the threads on this. Its not a FF project but a project by a few bears that believe these young boys deserve to be remembered in a more fitting way.

have u a link that details this mate? like shows plan etc?

ill donate but want to see im donating to the right thing and that its genuine.

cheers

I have pm'd admin with details of what this fund is all about. Its 110% genuine mate and its the work of a few guys that are trying to make sure that these young lads get a fitting tribute and any extra cash left over will get given to rachel house. They basically want to have the area tidied up and some flowers planted and for the memorial to be raised and refurbished.

if you post over on FF then you will be able to read the threads on this. Its not a FF project but a project by a few bears that believe these young boys deserve to be remembered in a more fitting way.

will wait to i see your info mate

i dont doubt itm just wanted to be 110% sure.

i dont post on FF, didnt even get to sign up as i have a gmail account.

I have told you roughly what its for so if you want to donate then donate and if you dont then dont. Nobody is looking for you to donate your life savings just a pound would do!!!!

i'm not posting exact plans and detailed drawings or something,its an idea that has grown legs and is on its way to being a winner and the boys getting the tribute they deserve!!!

I have told you roughly what its for so if you want to donate then donate and if you dont then dont. Nobody is looking for you to donate your life savings just a pound would do!!!!

i'm not posting exact plans and detailed drawings or something,its an idea that has grown legs and is on its way to being a winner and the boys getting the tribute they deserve!!!

Good on you mate, thats a fantastic thing for you to do, i have seen on the FF site what your idea's are and if you can get enough donations i'm sure you will give those 5 young Gers fans a fitting tribute.

Good on you mate, thats a fantastic thing for you to do, i have seen on the FF site what your idea's are and if you can get enough donations i'm sure you will give those 5 young Gers fans a fitting tribute.

Thanks mate but its two other bears that are the real driving force behind this and im just trying to spread the word to give it the publicity it deserves.

thanks mate for the donation as every amount counts

No problem mate, I'm unable to access FF due to their paranoid rules so I'm glad you told us on here. Tell Suck he's a cock by the way. :D

Just a wee update on how much has been raised in only a few days from another site the total stands at a fantastic £647 :clap:

i beleive they still need a wee bit more, so show what we can do to keep the memory of the Markinch 5 alive. (tu)

Just a wee update on how much has been raised in only a few days from another site the total stands at a fantastic £647 :clap:

i beleive they still need a wee bit more, so show what we can do to keep the memory of the Markinch 5 alive. (tu)

mate, youre doing my job for me by adding totals so far...cheers

youre right they do need a we bit to get everything they have planned done but im sure all members of the Rangers family will want to even give even a pound to help and as ive said all extra is going to C.H.A.S....

the Ibrox disaster is what happened. these five boys all played for the same youth team and were mates and all went to watch their heroes and never came home.

The burgh of Markinch, in Fife, was hardest hit by the tragedy. Five boys, all between the ages of 13 and 15, ardent Rangers fans who played on the same youth football team, also lost their lives.

Elizabeth McKim was watching the exodus of fans from her third-storey home on Cairnlea Drive when the death scene played before her. She told The Scotsman:

"I saw the fans coming over the top of the terracing and going down the staircase. Then there was a roar and these fans tried to get back up. Suddenly the whole mass of people began swaying. I could hardly watch because I had seen it before and I knew what was going to happen. Within seconds people were tumbling down the stairway. All you could see was arms and legs. I could see that the barriers had been twisted and bent."

excuse my ignorance but what happened?

:anguish:

Bump.

What's the need for this shite?

I was asking a serious question as i had never been told of the markinch 5.

Im 18 years old and wasn't around at the time but i'm wanting to know about it, what is wrong with that exactly?

Pardon my disdain, but you're 18 and didn't know about these boys?

Fair play to you for asking publicly, but one would've thought you'd have known already. Hence, I didn't "excuse" your ignorance. Maybe a touch harsh on my part lad, don't take it to heart.

As for General O'Cartman Lee...........:wanker:

excuse my ignorance but what happened?

:anguish:

Bump.

What's the need for this shite?

I was asking a serious question as i had never been told of the markinch 5.

Im 18 years old and wasn't around at the time but i'm wanting to know about it, what is wrong with that exactly?

I assumed every rangers fan had heard of the Ibrox disaster but now you do know about it im sure you would like to donate even a pound to the cause.