A final farewell to David Murray

ElBufalo20

I think we need to look further back than the Manchester UEFA run year when we discuss Murray's legacy - we've been up to our armpits in huge amounts of debt since the start of the new millennium - amounts that were and still are unsustainable within Scottish football.

That's just Murray's financial legacy - I could run another thread on his PR legacy and how he's let us become the Scottish media's plaything.

We've been bitch-slapped in the Press, Radio and TV for much of Murray's tenure thanks to his turn-the-other-cheek attitude.

It can only be hoped that the new kid on the Custodial block will fight our corner and take none of the shit Murray allowed during his time.

fair enough CB, but even murrays second decade hasnt been a total disaster

havent we won 4 titles out of 6

euro final

last 16 of champions league

numerous euro after xmas campaigns

numerous domestic honours

being as financially stricken as we have been, thats still a good achievement

as for the PR part, as long as were winning trophies and sticking 2 fingers up at every person against us in the media etc, then surely thats good enough

reid, lawwell, media, other fans, other clubs, UEFA, etc

they have all had their shots at our club

yet were sitting here as 2iar champions, guaranteed entry into the group stages of the champions league, and hopefully about to witness the dawn of a new era of rangers dominance of scottish football

There is the rub, we are weak, we are ridden roughshod over as a group of fans. Manchester was the culmination of a poor Rangers PR with Murray sitting back. Surely as soon as the GMP chief of police came out and said don't come to Manchester, Rangers should have been on the telly, in the newspapaers, telling people how to run it, cramming 150,000 into the city centre was a recipe for disaster. As soon as the GMP came out with that the alarm bells should have been ringing regarding organisation WE as a club should have nipped the negativity in the bud there and then. They did not want us (although apparently happy to take our money for the days) we should have been on the front foot. Rangers let us down there and then.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with dummiesoot - we've been ridden roughshod over for years and the man at the helm (Mr Custodian) let it happen.

Would Spew Tossgrope and Bam Coward have got away with calling the BeastEnders "Taigs" on-air without an immediate response from Reid, Lieswell & Co?

I think not.

The debt side of things will eventually be sorted out one way or another but our reputation has been hammered and repairing that damage will take a lot longer.

Yeah..... "Thanks Dave!" (td)

I have to agree with dummiesoot - we've been ridden roughshod over for years and the man at the helm (Mr Custodian) let it happen.

Would Spew Tossgrope and Bam Coward have got away with calling the BeastEnders "Taigs" on-air without an immediate response from Reid, Lieswell & Co?

I think not.

The debt side of things will eventually be sorted out one way or another but our reputation has been hammered and repairing that damage will take a lot longer.

Yeah..... "Thanks Dave!" (td)

who cares what the others would have done, fact is we are top of the pile again

I think not.

Yeah..... "Thanks Dave!" 00000041.gif

I sure as hell care, I am fed up as a Rangers fan getting portrayed as some sort of bigot / animal / ned (delete as appropriate) (also refer to the news article in the Boston rag as a further example) because SDM stopped standing up for us.

I think not.

I sure as hell care, I am fed up as a Rangers fan getting portrayed as some sort of bigot / animal / ned (delete as appropriate) (also refer to the news article in the Boston rag as a further example) because SDM stopped standing up for us.

are you a bigot/animal/ned??????

if not then why care,

sticks and stones and all that nonsense

i only care what trophies our cluib lifts every season, reputation or not

Well it seems that more people agree with me than the likes of the dark tanned yin.

some people are just never happy with their lot, we may have to say goodbye to SDM to realise just what we had.

I am also willing to bet that the likes of the dark tanned yin and his ilk would be on here digging up stories and making complaints REGARDLESS of who owns the club.

anyway, watp! giutrot!!

Yes Im sure they were persuaded by your powerful and jaw dropping revelations.....such as the financial crisis at our club is down to the big nasty banks and nothing to do with a certain chairman's financial recklessness.

Or that Walter's (and Ally's) repeated warnings about the finacial plight of our club and our ability to compete are nothing more than self interest on their part.

But your most convincing and overpowering arguement must your personal hotline to the board of Rangers FC....and to information which even the manager himself is not privvy to.

You truly are the Perry Mason of these boards.

I think not.

are you a bigot/animal/ned??????

if not then why care,

sticks and stones and all that nonsense

i only care what trophies our cluib lifts every season, reputation or not

Clearly I am not, therefore I do care. If I was any of those three things I'd probably be chuffed. Fact we are portrayed as the bad egg without fear of retribution from the club and that is unacceptable. It would not have happened in Struth's day, it did not happen when Findlay was here.

I see the record had to make an apology to the club owner for statements made by david edgar (in the name of a few hundred rangers fans I presume) comparing sir david to fred Goodwin……I thought he was stepping down.(edgar not Sir David)…..

Your hero is very good at getting apologies when he's defamed but doesn't bother pursuing it when it's the Club in general, the fans or past Rangers heroes. Such a shame he only chooses to flex his muscles when it's his reputation at stake.